Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Sunshine80 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago

Originally posted by: --Sari--

🤣 That line reminds me of another Austin Powers quote but I will shut it, isme zyaada samjadari hai...🤣

Yes Sari...seems like hum dono sanak gaye hain🤣🤣...zyaada samajdaari isi mein hain ki

Kuch naa kaho..kuch bhi na kaho
Kya kehna hai, kya sunna hai
Mujhko pata hai, tumko pata hai
🤣
PSharada thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 9
Did anyone see Deepali's Team Sarun Interview. One thing I am observing is that all the cast members are quite intelligent and they had very good grasp of the character. I mean with such good people as cast and with such good characters - how the hell did 4Lions end up butchering the show this bad.
Newbiesoapfan thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: psarada

Did anyone see Deepali's Team Sarun Interview. One thing I am observing is that all the cast members are quite intelligent and they had very good grasp of the character. I mean with such good people as cast and with such good characters - how the hell did 4Lions end up butchering the show this bad.

All wasted. Deepali said it very clearly... she and Aakash did not have anything to do! Did you listen to Pyumori ... she rocks ! She is very pretty and a trained Bharatanatyam dancer.
PSharada thumbnail

Originally posted by: Newbiesoapfan

All wasted. Deepali said it very clearly... she and Aakash did not have anything to do! Did you listen to Pyumori ... she rocks ! She is very pretty and a trained Bharatanatyam dancer.

Yeah seriously Ash. Deepali was like as a audience I could never understand why Payal didn't say a word beyond 'Akashji' - I think the cast bonded very well over the show and hence all of them stayed back even when they absolutely hated the way their characters were shaping up. I don't understand the 4Lions team - They had such good actors who could deliver if they were given good stuff but they choose only to burden and ride on the leads leading them to get burnt out. 4Lions if they can't produce any good shows can at least come up with a good book - '101 ways of how not to kill a successful show'.
-Gan- thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Yeah seriously Ash. Deepali was like as a audience I could never understand why Payal didn't say a word beyond 'Akashji' - I think the cast bonded very well over the show and hence all of them stayed back even when they absolutely hated the way their characters were shaping up. I don't understand the 4Lions team - They had such good actors who could deliver if they were given good stuff but they choose only to burden and ride on the leads leading them to get burnt out. 4Lions if they can't produce any good shows can at least come up with a good book - '101 ways of how not to kill a successful show'.

so true...

One thing what I always loved about IPK till feb wedding was the interaction between the leads and the other characters...which mysteriously went amiss after the wedding when the focus was shifted onto the leads fully...not that I minded that initially but khushi and Payal who shared such a close bond ...suddenly became cold...Payal was turned into an extra character as was the Raizada family...and that was the start of he rot that eventually led to overemphasis on Arnav and Khushi..leading to more body double use...and some ridiculous character introductions :bubbly, Masala Mama...explain to me why do you need other characters when you already have such talent pool at hand? I still dont get it...the writer and scriptwriter were same...right?... was it SP instruction to focus more on the leads...or the PH decision? thing is that why change a successful formula when you have one that already works GREAT!??? IPK closed the loops so wonderfully...then lost steam when the biggest ones came: about Shyam and past connection revelation. we hung on for the hope of Arhi romance...which was also put on a 1min rationing formula...they killed slowly everything what IPK stood for...the only thing that remained constant was the chemistry not only between the leads but also the cast ...which I give full credit to the actors, their honesty amidst the ridiculousness they were enduring in the form of Bubbly track, Chamelli oil track, Sheetal and Mrs India track...so what Barun was leaving was not IPk...it was more of the skeleton of what IPK of June-Feb'12 used to be before everything was killed slowly from March to Sept 28th with rapid free fall from then till Nov 30th.

my frustrated 2 cents...

ETA...went with the flow in a span of few mins in between work😳...led to lot of typos...sorry about that

Edited by GanBarunFan - 11 years ago
bs_deeps thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

they butchered almost every character...how beautiful was the scene where Khushi and Arnav sit with thier respective siblings watching falling stars...Anjali and Payal were such beautiful characters in the beginning but when the time came they both were shown dumb, Anjali didnt seem to understand her brother over time, except few occasions..and Payal's character almost disappeared...why did they even bring masala mama, what was the point. if they tried some track and didnt work its a different thing, but with masala mama, they didnt even show anything...as if someone from production team is interested in appearing on screen and they have utiliized an episode for that..bublis character was probably the most frustrating character in IPK...Gupta family... they completely disappeared towards the end...
leaving all this...All that Gul talks about is how she accomdated Barun's leave and how she insisted on Sanaya playing Khushi...😡
PSharada thumbnail

Originally posted by: bs_deeps

they butchered almost every character...how beautiful was the scene where Khushi and Arnav sit with thier respective siblings watching falling stars...Anjali and Payal were such beautiful characters in the beginning but when the time came they both were shown dumb, Anjali didnt seem to understand her brother over time, except few occasions..and Payal's character almost disappeared...why did they even bring masala mama, what was the point. if they tried some track and didnt work its a different thing, but with masala mama, they didnt even show anything...as if someone from production team is interested in appearing on screen and they have utiliized an episode for that..bublis character was probably the most frustrating character in IPK...Gupta family... they completely disappeared towards the end...

leaving all this...All that Gul talks about is how she accomdated Barun's leave and how she insisted on Sanaya playing Khushi...😡

@bold:- Agree 100% with you Deeps. All Gul talks about is how great she was and how she was the one who cast for this beautiful show. She is never ready to acknowledge anyone's efforts. Looks like she has one big 'ME, MINE, MYSELF' complex.
Newbiesoapfan thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: GanBarunFan

so true...

One thing what I always loved about IPK till feb wedding was the interaction between the leads and the other characters...which mysteriously went amiss after the wedding when the focus was shifted onto the leads fully...not that I minded that initially but khushi and Payal who shared such a close bond ...suddenly became cold...Payal was turned into an extra character as was the Raizada family...and that was the start of he rot that eventually led to overemphasis on Arnav and Khushi..leading to more body double use...and some ridiculous character introductions :bubbly, Masala Mama...explain to me why do you need other characters when you already have such talent pool at hand? I still dont get it...the writer and scriptwriter were same...right?... was it SP instruction to focus more on the leads...or the PH decision? thing is that why change a successful formula when you have one that already works GREAT!??? IPK closed the loops so wonderfully...then lost steam when the biggest ones came: about Shyam and past connection revelation. we hung on for the hope of Arhi romance...which was also put on a 1min rationing formula...they killed slowly everything what IPK stood for...the only thing that remained constant was the chemistry not only between the leads but also the cast ...which I give full credit to the actors, their honesty amidst the ridiculousness they were enduring in the form of Bubbly track, Chamelli oil track, Sheetal and Mrs India track...so what Barun was leaving was not IPk...it was more of the skeleton of what IPK of June-Feb'12 used to be before everything was killed slowly from March to Sept 28th with rapid free fall from then till Nov 30th.

my frustrated 2 cents...

ETA...went with the flow in a span of few mins in between work😳...led to lot of typos...sorry about that

Gandhari -- perfect... exactly my thoughts!
riti4u thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 7
Good mornin everyone... serious discussions goin on it seems... I too believe deepali had huge potential as an actor which was never exploited in this show... I hav seen in one of crime patrol episodes..she did a fab job.. they cud hav seriously done a lot with khushi-payal bonding and even akash-payal misunderstanding..that they somehow introduced.. poor akshay n deepali were nothin but mere props in the show... thats why they left too..
Honestly barun did a great favor to his fans by opting out..coz IPK had become stale and lost its uniqueness.. I knew it..in the end was just was watching for the glimpse of man.. that too when i cudnt bear episodes..I didnt see last 2 weeks of IPK..
hd75 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 2
Very interesting discussion going on.

I agree with all that you girls said, just can't find a reason why they had to ruin the story when they had such talented actors. I wouldn't buy the theory that people wanted to watch only Arnav-Khushi. I'm sure people enjoyed the Payal-Akash side of the story, they loved Khushi-Payal bonding and the most beautiful of all, Anjali-Arnav's relationship...why I even loved Mami-Arnav equation, there was always an unspoken mutual respect and love. The entire team had amazing chemistry, not just the leads. Take Khushi-Mami during the kidnap track, a lot of people liked their bonding. So you can't put it on the viewers saying they wanted only Arnav-Khushi.

I don't know if they have a decent story to take off for a season 2 because all the interesting parts of the story were wasted, Arnav's past, Shyam, what will they base it on?

Was just thinking the other day, the scenes where Khushi goes to Aarav's school in disguise and also Khushi's suicide attempt, I would rate these two as the worst IPK scenes, you could only sit through those scenes because of Sanaya. The truth revelation was such an important phase of the story and they had to come up with something as ridiculous as suicide attempt. If people were able to overlook all these shortcomings, the entire credit goes to the actors, not just the leads, the entire cast.

I have a feeling, 4Lions lost interest around Barun's movie shooting time, they might have even begun work on Qubool Hai by then and diverted all their focus on it. Looks like they are using ideas meant for IPK there. Never mind, no matter what they try to do, I think even they know, they will never be able to do another IPK in their lives !