Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

PSharada thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 9
Posted: 11 years ago

Originally posted by: Newbiesoapfan

Its a wonderful promo ... not sure if Priya would like me posting here... therefore not posted! I am planning to watch it based on the promo! Gautam Rode learnt to skydive for this... SLB really goes all out !

Hope he tells the story well in the midst of all this grandeur.
As for 4Lions management , the less said the better... they must have used BDs the most !

What I felt was that SLB is sticking to the original concept of the novel/movie. The hero belongs to a rich family, is open and liberated but wants to do social work and hence will refuse to marry but ultimately falls in love with the heroine when they correspond through letters. I do hope SLB changes the story towards the end - heroine marrying another, an abuser that too and crying all the time is so not my cup of tea.

For 4Lions the first thing they need to know is how to manage the schedules. When Arnav came in helicopter, Maan lost his house and when Asad came in QH, Arnav lost half his wardrobe. If you are keen on reaping big profits, then you need to spend on the quality/sets/costumes too. 4Lions had bad way of managing the lead's absence - it was full of body doubles and on top of it, the people from PH used to report when he has taken off and when to expect body doubles in advance. All in all I felt the PH did a pathetic job of putting the serial on air - it is only due to the hardwork of the cast and the crew, the serial was such a hit and I credit the cast for the serial's success and not the PH.
PSharada thumbnail

Originally posted by: --Nishita--

The PH did a bad job in planning and handling schedules. I'm sure when all serials start off they keep a bank of episodes ready...not sure why this PH could never plan ahead. If they had shot for episodes at least 2 weeks in advance, the entire cast would have got enough rest. The leads felt burnt because the tracks revolved around only both of them...so even if one took off, fans would go into panic mode...ab isme kiski galti hai? Will Gul care to answer this questionπŸ˜›

Once Abha Parmar also lamented on this in an interview that even after 1 yr of the show on air, the PH couldn't arrange the schedules for the actors well in advance. The cast used to report and wait on sets. And sets were always RM's front room - no outings and no special shoots. Bada hi kanjoos PH tha 4Lions. They couldn't provide a decent wardrobe for the leads also and the cast used mostly their own collection for the shoots.
riti4u thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 7
I saw the promo of SLB's show..as expected looks like big sets..great costumes and camera work... but main question will be of screenplay..how it goes..and how these actor/actresses are gonna portray this..I hav nt read the novel though
PSharada thumbnail

Originally posted by: mashira

What a lovely VM Zoha! I had this silly smile plastered on my face throughout!! thanks for this one! πŸ€—

@priya, how wonderfully you recalled the epic moments of this show, this time last year..πŸ‘ sights, sounds, smells and colours indeed. I could literally smell his anger and hurt that night and feel the caress of her dupatta that night and hear that roaring holy fire. Loved the way you described why Arnav married Khushi... to protect himself and not to protect his Di as he had convinced himself.. and fantastically enough, these grey areas of a character's thinking, how his mind was playing games, how his heart was clenched...everything shone in Barun's eyes. And I thought Sanaya too was at her best during the contract wedding track... despite losing her voice. she was fiery and the hurt in her visage.. the 'woman' to her 'man'.

You should celebrate crooner anniversary...😳 these were the kind of insights and connections that brought me to crooner first as a dedicated stalker and then as a participant. and look how I have stayed on.πŸ˜† Thank you for the joy...crooner's been such a happy place for me and it continues to be. πŸ€—

Totally agree with you. Crooner and SG's hangout thread were a must read for me after watching the episode. So many days I used to just keep on reading post after post - all of them were so brilliant and now I just stick to this chat thread and never venture on the Main Forum. Sigh how things changed in 1 yr.
PSharada thumbnail

Originally posted by: riti4u

I saw the promo of SLB's show..as expected looks like big sets..great costumes and camera work... but main question will be of screenplay..how it goes..and how these actor/actresses are gonna portray this..I hav nt read the novel though

@riti:- I haven't read the novel but saw the original movie of Nutan. Story is of a guy who is open/liberated and belongs to rich society but he wants to do social work. His marriage is set with the lead but he doesn't want to marry so writes a letter expressing his inability to marry. Both hero/heroine continue their conversation through letters and eventually fall in love. But something happens and the marriage doesn't take place. Heroine is married to a person who is an abuser/alcoholic/complete rogue. So you have heroine crying buckets and buckets and eventually the husband dies but the heroine refuses to marry the lover because she feels the marry was for 7 lives. I don't know how SLB is going to show the ending but if he sticks to original story then it is one cry-fest. Let's see how he does it.
Edited by psarada - 11 years ago
--Sari-- thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Hello...πŸ€—

Looks like all the cool girls drop in at night...πŸ˜‰
The wannabe missed out on all the fun...πŸ˜†
Dazee thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
spsharmila thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
Good morning / evening friends 😊
@ Zoha...simply loved your VM on off-screen moments of Sarun...brought a huge grin on my face after a very tiring day in the AD ...so many many thanks to you πŸ€—
@Priya...I wish and pray that you get your closure soon...I have been in the same boat...πŸ€—
-Gan- thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: --Sari--

Hello...πŸ€—

Looks like all the cool girls drop in at night...πŸ˜‰
The wannabe missed out on all the fun...πŸ˜†

Hi Sari πŸ€—

if you're a wannabe ...then I'm a groupie😳...I used to stalk your cool posts though never commented but a couple of times...

dennisdmenace thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: GanBarunFan

Hi Sari πŸ€—

if you're a wannabe ...then I'm a groupie😳...I used to stalk your cool posts though never commented but a couple of times...

aapne hume yaad kya???πŸ˜‰πŸ˜‰