.nerfherder thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 8 years ago
I love you.

Three words.

Love.

Four letters.

Funny how these tiny non-living entities had tipped my life out of balance. Funny how I had allowed them to. I, who listened to no one but myself, had lost track of my life countless times listening to a four letter word.

Love.

Swayam.

Dance.

I didn't even realise how my brain subconsciously placed him before dance, not until much later as I stood under the huge ticking clock, waiting for him. I was never famous for being patient and after a foolishly spent year, my patience had nearly vanished, save for an infinitesimal amount; which, as it turned out, made no difference whatsoever. A sudden fear gripped me.

Was he bailing on me?

Had he, moved on?

No, not possible. I knew him well enough to understand that he was incapable of moving on from me, how much ever it tore him apart. He was always the constant in our equation even when he refused to be so. It did not take me a year to figure that out. The one year break I had stupidly (yes, I was admitting my stupidity, there.) asked of him and he had less stupidly given to me.

I sighed. Only he could manage to turn Sharon into a blabbering mess.

Again, where was he?

--

One year.

One. Goddamn. Year.

12 months. 52 weeks. 365 days.

I had survived.

A huge feat as far as I was concerned. I had survived without Sharon. Technically she was there in a way, in my memories, in photographs. But I couldn't care less about semantics. Not now. It was agony to try and stop myself from running to the destination and crush her in my arms, smothering her with kisses. Of course I couldn't do it, lest she decided coming back was a mistake.

Pedaling my cycle slowly, I wondered what all had Sharon thought about me;us; in the past year. And a sudden fear gripped me.

What if she bailed on me?

What if, she had moved on?

No, such thoughts wouldn't be entertained by me. It wasn't in my character to march into the field with preconceived notions or fears. I would leave the contemplation to her and patiently await her decision. For she was the deciding factor.

For I was always the constant in our equation. We both knew that, even when we denied it.

I smiled. For all the anguish the one year of separation had caused me, the prospect of meeting her, seeing her face, had been soothing. However things might turn out, seeing her would've calmed me, relieved me of all the unease.

I pulled the bike to a standstill and my breath hitched in a very familiar way. My nerves tingled and endorphins flooded my being as my heart rejoiced its reunion with the long buried sensations; ones which only she triggered.

And there she was.

Edited by .nerfherder - 8 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

.nerfherder thumbnail
Hello.

This is my 'take' on the last SwaRon scene. I didn't really like that scene, SwaRon deserved a better ending (and much more). *sigh*

This is all from the top of my head, so forgive any mistakes.

Thank you!

No PMs from me this time.

Cheers.
nerfherder
--Ana-- thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
How do you manage to write even with your boards in 2 weeks? Anyways happy me, as I gotta read something from you. Reserved.
.nerfherder thumbnail

Originally posted by: --Ana--

How do you manage to write even with your boards in 2 weeks? Anyways happy me, as I gotta read something from you. Reserved.

Not two weeks. My boards are starting from Thursday. 🤡

I have no idea honestly. All of this was just random stuff I typed while taking a study break. Didn't even spare a second thought. :3
Wandering_mind thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail + 2
Wow a drabble from you that too amidst exams ,surely a treat that is!
Honestly I was never happy with the Swaron track that started after the proposal scene.It was totally ruined after that :(
Speaking of this scene, that one year break never went down well with me but your take made it quite believable . The way you emoted their emotions, keeping the stupid track the creatives had set in mind, was beautiful to say the least.

I loved the yearning highlighted here. And with the beautiful play of words and astounding vocabulary you made that scene ten times more satisfying than it actually was!..

Lovely piece once again!
All the best for your boards!..

Shreya<3

Edited by Spark.Shreya - 8 years ago
sneharay thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4
Nice attempt...ur writings r always awesome.. 😊