Views

Users

Frequent Posters

ErisedWitch45 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 8 years ago

Originally posted by: SHAhira-Swaron

Wen r u gng to updte plzz updte asap

Hi! I will update by tomorrow, most probably. Need to put some finishing touches :)
..MiStLeToE.. thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
Sharon and her family is -_- She thought Rey wants to meet HER. He wants to know about his sister but Alas! What a 'commodity' Sharon is for them, using her all the time :/

I am just so so glad she talked to Tani and I am so glad to see their understanding. Its peaceful.

And Anjali suggested their honeymoon??? Like really?? I jumped out of my seat you know *Phewww*

Thank God Swayam gave the excuse for both of them otherwise I can only imagine how "FUN" their honeymoon would have been. Like Swayam and his laptop making love all night ðŸĪĢ

The setting was so beautiful. And ofcourse Swayam didnt do it. I am not repeating the mistake of expecting anything from him [x((] And Sharon literally left him in the middle of the beach alone! WOW! Go Girl! That was my fav moment by the way. That face if Swayam 😆

And the ending OH MY GOD! I was HYPERVENTILLATING! He actually notices she is a woman and a beautiful one! Gosh he was so into her that she made him lose his mind! And I cant believe he was about to kiss her and she didnt let that happen even though his touches effected her! Good!Good for him! *serves him right*

Chitra :)
ErisedWitch45 thumbnail

Originally posted by: ..MiStLeToE..

Sharon and her family is -_- She thought Rey wants to meet HER. He wants to know about his sister but Alas! What a 'commodity' Sharon is for them, using her all the time :/

I am just so so glad she talked to Tani and I am so glad to see their understanding. Its peaceful.

And Anjali suggested their honeymoon??? Like really?? I jumped out of my seat you know *Phewww*

Thank God Swayam gave the excuse for both of them otherwise I can only imagine how "FUN" their honeymoon would have been. Like Swayam and his laptop making love all night ðŸĪĢ

The setting was so beautiful. And ofcourse Swayam didnt do it. I am not repeating the mistake of expecting anything from him [x((] And Sharon literally left him in the middle of the beach alone! WOW! Go Girl! That was my fav moment by the way. That face if Swayam 😆

And the ending OH MY GOD! I was HYPERVENTILLATING! He actually notices she is a woman and a beautiful one! Gosh he was so into her that she made him lose his mind! And I cant believe he was about to kiss her and she didnt let that happen even though his touches effected her! Good!Good for him! *serves him right*

Chitra :)

Hey Chitra! Thanks for reading.

"Swayam and his laptop making love all night" This line made so LOL so hard. 😆😆

Rey is right now too obsessed with the business. Taani is surely growing on Sharon. She can understand Sharon's situation. Sharon did finally let her emotions out.

I am glad you like the end scene. I didn't want it to come out of the blue. Emotions were running high so Swayam was going to (?) do something that he clearly hadn't thought through :D

Thanks a lot for the review! :)
ErisedWitch45 thumbnail

Chapter 5 - The Party

"Sharon, are you listening?" Anjali asked over breakfast, which jolted Sharon out of her thoughts.

She nodded, her mind replaying last night's event. What was Swayam doing? Why did his touch feel so good? It made her heart flutter. She had never been that close with anyone till date. Swayam didn't return to the room after that. She knew this because she couldn't sleep a wink. He was not even at the breakfast table.

"...so the party planner, her name is Pooja, will be here tomorrow and you can give her your selection and she will implement the same." Anjali concluded.

"Party what..." Sharon looked up. "Sorry, I was... could you please repeat?"

"The party happening after 2 days Sharon; the planner will be here tomorrow and you can get her started with your selection - of the color code, the decors, flowers, material and food and beverages," Anjali spoke while applying butter on her toast.

The party! Sharon had completely forgotten about it. She was supposed to be planning for a party and all she had done the past few weeks was learn how to pronounce the name of all the colors. She quickly rushed to her room after breakfast and with Neha's help spread everything on the bed and floor. The more she thought about it, the more confused she became. She was surfing the internet the entire day for ideas and nothing hit her.

By dinner she was so pre-occupied with party planning that she had forgotten all about last night. Swayam entered the room, sighing, as he saw the papers on the bed. Sharon was deeply engrossed in making the menu. She would start google-ing some name of a drink or food item, every now and then.

Sharon didn't notice Swayam removing papers from one side of the bed and sleeping. It was close to midnight. She had some 10 hours to get everything done before the planner came. Her head was starting to ache and she had no idea so far. Suddenly it hit her - Kria! She immediately dialed Kria's number.

Kria, Rey's girlfriend of 2 years was a restaurant owner, well a waitress-turned-restaurant owner. She was a part time waitress during her college years and a full time one after that. However, one day, overnight she acquired funds to buy a restaurant. Rey had met her few weeks later in her restaurant. Sharon was impressed by her career graph and asked her how she managed the feat. "Savings and Loan," was Kria's somewhat vague reply.

"Hello," Sharon heard Kria's groggy voice.

"Kria!" Sharon exclaimed, "Did I disturb you?" and without waiting for an answer she went on, "I need your help. I am planning a party-"

"Sharon!" Kria cut her off, "I am very tired," she replied sleepily, "I'll call you in the morning."

"No! Tomorrow won't do, Kria, hello!" Sharon shouted before realizing that Kria had disconnected the call. Why didn't she call Kria before?? She could be so daft sometimes, Sharon thought about herself. She called Kria again but the call went unanswered. Kria must have put it on silent.

Sharon held her head in her hands, rubbing her temples. This was going to be a long night.

---------

The sunlight fell on Sharon's face and she woke up, gasping. She looked at the clock. It was close to 8am. "Shit!" Sharon muttered and rubbed her eyes. She didn't remember falling asleep. How could she? She had one task, just one and now she had failed in that too.

She turned her head towards the table hoping to clear the mess that she had made yesterday but to her surprise, it was already neatly arranged in a pile. There were some pages stacked in the middle of the table along with a small card.

She opened the card. It read - "Hope this helps - Swayam"

She picked up the papers and widened her eyes as she read. Swayam had prepared the food and drinks menu. Also noted down what color of which material was to be used for the wall hanging, the chairs and tables and everything.

Swayam had done all this - for her.

She sighed. The fluttery feeling, that she felt the night before came back. She smiled as she re-read the card.

---------

The night of the party came soon. This time Sharon wanted to make an effort. She had thanked Swayam for his help and he had just nodded. He had done the first decent thing for her, by helping her. And she liked it. She took Neha's help to finalize what to wear. She wanted to look nice. Did she want to look nice for him? She quickly brushed the thought aside. Why would she want to do that? Granted he helped her and she had thanked him - why was her mind constantly thinking of him?

She re-focused her thoughts into the current work at hand. After much deliberation, she zeroed in on a black dress. It was a sleeveless, ankle length black dress. She paired it up with small diamond earrings and a pair of high black heels. She rolled her hair into a bun with some flicks falling on her face.

"You look pretty Sharon," Neha said as Sharon looked at her reflection. Sharon pressed her lips and hoped he felt the same. Whoa! She mentally slapped her self. What was she thinking? More importantly why was she thinking about him!

--------

Swayam was at the party, talking to a colleague. The party was up to the usual standard of previous Shekhwat parties.

His mind went back to 2 nights before. He had seen Sharon struggling with the party planning. She was so engrossed in the work the entire night before falling asleep. He got up to drink water at about 3am when he saw her sleeping. She looked so innocent, he thought as she slept peacefully on the couch. He spent some time looking at her sleeping and breathing. There was something about her which captivated him. A loose strand of hair was falling on her face. He wanted to remove it from her face. He almost reached out to touch her face but stopped midway. He got a grip on himself.

He was about to walk away, when she stirred in her sleep and dropped the papers that she was clutching. He picked them up and placed it on the table. He contemplated for some time and finally decided to help her out. It was not a big task for him. Parties were very occasional in his world to the point that it had become monotonous for him. He quickly put together a menu and selected the theme and colors. It took him an hour or so before he was done.

Swayam was woken up from his thoughts as he saw Sharon enter the party. His colleague was saying something but Swayam couldn't register any word. His mind and eyes were solely focused on Sharon. She looked absolutely ravishing in the black dress. Her beauty was radiant. Many eyes turned towards her as she made her way to Taani.

"Wow," Swayam muttered to himself, amazed at his own reaction.

---------

Sharon smiled as she talked to Taani. She could feel Swayam's eyes following her. She knew he had an effect on him. Her eyes were on Taani but her thoughts - on him.

Anjali introduced Sharon to the guests in the party, telling everyone that Sharon had planned this party. Rey and her father were also present at the party. It was the first time she had seen her father after the wedding. Her father, looked much relaxed, then he was the last time. He looked happy. Sharon didn't feel like responding properly to Rey though. The proceedings at the dinner the other night was still afresh in her memory. She was hurt.

"...this is a big blow to us," a man, in his fifties was saying to Swayam, when Anjali introduced Sharon to him. He was Mr. Ghai, a big business magnate and a close friend of the Shekhawats.

"It is lovely to meet the new Mrs. Shekhawat," he said while taking Sharon's hand, "although I wished we had met under better circumstances."

"Is there a problem, Mr. Ghai?" Sharon asked.

"Nothing that will interest you," Swayam replied, taking a sip of his drink. Sharon turned to face him. "Business," he said smugly, his eyes fixed at her.

"Eeer.. It's just related to a judgement passed by the SC, which was not in my company's favor," spoke Mr. Ghai and went on to explain the case.

Swayam was right, Sharon thought. Half of the things Mr. Ghai said went above her head. But she would not give him the pleasure of knowing that he was right. She had to say something to wipe that smug look off his face.

"Have you filed a petition against the decision?" she asked.

Swayam sneered, "A review petition, which was rejected too."

Sharon smirked at him, "I know, Mr. Ghai already mentioned that. I meant a curative petition."

Swayam's scoff faded away. Sharon was talking to Mr. Ghai now. He was impressed. She was not just a pretty face. There was so much more to her. He bit his lower lip, trying to suppress a smile.

After a couple of minutes, Anjali spoke to Mr. Ghai, "Enough of this business talk tonight." She then looked at Swayam, "Such a nice song is playing, why don't you ask Sharon for a dance?"

Dance? Sharon thought. She wanted to say no at first but then she saw Swayam was about to shake his head and decline too.

Sharon spoke immediately, "That's a great idea, mom." She then turned to Swayam, who was glaring at her, "Shall we, husband?"

Swayam took her hand in his and led her to the dance floor. It was a slow romantic song. Swayam placed his right hand on her waist. Sharon knew Swayam was in discomfort and she enjoyed it. He had been pulling her strings for a month and now, it was her turn.

However to her surprise, he was pretty light on his feet - in fact a good dancer. His eyes were fixed on her face. He twirled her around and pulled her close to him. Sharon's triumphant smile, a couple of minutes earlier was now replaced by a nervous one. She moved in sync with him, gracefully around the dance floor. Her heart started beating faster and by the end of the dance, she was blushing.

The song ended. His hand was still around her waist, "You thought dance would make me uncomfortable?"

Sharon bit her lip, "I don't know what you mean." She lied.

He grinned, "Of course you do. Sorry to disappoint you."

Before Sharon could reply, Swayam gave a mischievous smile before leaving her on the dance floor.

Did Swayam just smile? Sharon thought, as a peppy number started playing. She had never seen him smile before; at least not while doing non-work stuff.

She needed a drink.

--------

Taani was watching her brother and sister-in-law dance. She saw Swayam dance after ages. But the shocking moment for her was when she caught Swayam smiling at Sharon. Was Sharon really starting to soften him? Taani smiled. She hoped that was the case.

Her eyes fell on Rey. He was walking out of the hall, talking on his phone. She pursed her lips and went after him.

Rey's back was towards her. He was talking an official call in the lawn. He disconnected the call and almost bumped into Taani as he turned to go back in.

"Sorry, I didn't see you there," he apologized.

"No, I am sorry. I was waiting here," she said.

"You were eavesdropping on my call," he asked in a playful tone.

Taani stammered, "Yes, I mean no. I mean I was but... no."

"Relax," Rey said smiling at her, "I am just kidding. Did you want to talk to me or something?"

Taani nodded, thinking how to start. "Well, the thing is...umm... it's about you and ... Sharon."

Rey raised an eyebrow.

Taani took a deep breath, "Look, I don't know you so well and I will not jump to any conclusions but from what I saw and heard, I don't think you are treating Sharon fairly."

"What?" Rey asked, very confused.

"I mean, the dinner that night. Sharon was really upset. She was crying. She felt so alone. You have to understand the situation she is in. Swayam and her marriage was, well, not typical. It's all so new to her. You are her elder brother, her family. You should try to make an effort. Swayam really cared about me once. He still does, just doesn't show it much, but I know in my heart that I can always rely on him because no matter what, my brother will be there for me... I just can't say the same about you."

Rey looked at her, stunned.

Taani continued, "I am sorry if I overstepped my boundary, but I needed to say this."

She went inside leaving a very astounded Rey, still reeling from her words.

---------

Sharon was sitting alone and watching the party guests when Rey cam and sat next to her.

"I am sorry," were the first words out of his mouth, "for what I did that night."

Sharon sat still.

"it's just that everything is so messed up right now, so difficult," Rey said, exasperated.

"Join the club," Sharon replied in a monotone.

Rey put his arms around her and turned her to face him, "It was wrong of me to ask you to do that. If things are so hard for me, I can only imagine what you are going through. You saved us, Sharon and we, both dad and I never even asked about your new life. I guess we were scared about the answers that you'd give. If you were not happy, what could we do? ... All I am trying to say is that I am starting to realize that I am wrong and I want you to know that you are not alone. I am there for you."

Sharon looked at Rey with eyes full of tears. She placed her head on his shoulder and cried. She was in the middle of a party with people all around her, but she didn't care. After a long time, Rey was talking to her like an elder brother and she loved it.

Sharon wiped her eyes with a napkin, "What brought this sudden change?"

"Let's just say," Rey spoke as he looked at Taani who was busy chatting with another girl, "someone knocked some sense into me."

--------

Edited by BrinaS10 - 8 years ago
ErisedWitch45 thumbnail

Done! 😊

Word Count: 1

--Ana-- thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Reserved.
Unreserved.

Well. I'm just so happy to have found this story. The concept is definitely an appealing one. And I have to applaud your command over the language.

The first chapter that started off, itself with a blow of Sharon and Swayam getting married, it was definitely compulsive reading.
Then when the plot that moved forward, with all the happenings between Swayam and Sharon, was damn exciting, funny, nice, endearing etc to read. I said etc cause believe me, if I had the capability to list down all the words that could praise this story I would've.

I loved how Sharon's character is given importance here. I love her in this story. But I love swayam more, cause he looks quite a bit of still an enigma to me. What is shown is not even one percent of the shock that we will get, when I'm sure more about his past will be revealed. His relation with rey, his hatred for him. Why has he changed. All of this will be one hell of an emotional ride I know.

Your writing, is definitely going to be so amazing to read and is going to make the whole revealing thing an awesome experience.

And omg, this recent two updates. When SwaRon shared those moments. Ah! Trust me, more of such romance, as in where they shyly romance, or rather romance indirectly. If it's going to continue, I bet I'll be mantling more than SwaRon. (I don't mind it well :P)

The way he smiled at her after the dance. Actually take two minutes and imagine Shantanu like this swayam. The one who plays along. Man! His expressions. One to die for. And you have expressed such expressions so well with your writing.

One more thing, I shared this story with my best friend. She isn't a SwaRon fan. She knowns nothing about them. But I loved it so much, I felt it was worth a share. And she asked me to applaud you for this amazing work from her side too. She loved your story.
And I loved too, you obviously know by now :)

Well I'm just so impressed by your writing. I'm definitely going to take some inspiration from your writing style to mine. You're worth that.

Keep writing. You will genuinely do well in that field I'm sure.
And update soon. I can't wait.

Love Ana âĪïļ
Edited by --Ana-- - 8 years ago
Wandering_mind thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail + 2
Reserved
*Unreserve*

Noo..why did you stop!?? ...I wanted to read more! :(

This update kept me hooked throughout, only thing going on in my mind was that I wasn't nearing the end! You really have to give the next update soon coz I can't wait to see how this story is going to proceed.

Coming to this part, I loved the beginning itself where Sharon is lost in Swayam's thoughts thinking about the previous night. He's having that effect on her already! ðŸ˜ģ

She was supposed to be planning for a party and all she had done the past few weeks was learn how to pronounce the name of all the colors.

This part was lol! ðŸĪĢI can totally understand Sharon's condition here due to a similar personal experience!..

Every part makes me love Sharon more. Everytime I feel I know her,you highlight an undiscovered trait of her which leaves me pleasantly surprised! Poor girl was working so hard for this party that she didn't even notice Swayam sleeping on the bed after making space for himself 😆, but then did SWAYAM really notice her????? I'm still not out of that, but to top it on,he actually helped her!.Wow this guy is turning unbelievable!

The party scene was beautifully penned!..I just loved Sharon's comeback on Mr.Ghai's statement there. So Swayam's impressed!..And I'm so impressed with the way you've written Swayam here!..

The dance ! Finally one magical moment between the non-typical couple. I loved how Sharon's plan of making Swayam feel uncomfortable backfired 😆...So he's an amazing dancer too and he knows how to smile? Wow! No wonder Sharon was blushing! ðŸ˜ģ And I can totally understand that coz I'm surprised myself with the drastic change of my feelings for Swayam in this update!
Its just amazing how you do that!

I had least expected Taani to be the one bridging gaps between ShaRey...Finally some good change happening in Sharon's life.:)

Amazing work yet again!.I'm loving the changing equation between Swayam and Sharon but what makes it even more beautiful is the way you're bringing about that change!

Please please update sooner!.Can't wait!

Love,
Shreya

Edited by Spark.Shreya - 8 years ago
.writtenletter. thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 2
Hi! I just read the first chapter and i have to say i am in love with the concept! hoping the magic continues as i read and can't wait to get to see what happened next.
Great job with such an exciting concept.
Neet <3

Rockingbhardwaj thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
Yup tani is right..
Swayam is softening.. nice

Tani is a great person..
She made rey realize his mistake..
Loved it
Thanks
.writtenletter. thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 2
Done! That was so beautiful <3 I am really loving this story and i love the build up. My only wish please write longer chapters. You are so engaging as an author that i don't want that chapter to end. Wishing you update soon.
Neet <3