Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Phantasm thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 6 years ago
Wow. What a read! Had read few chapters long back and I must admit you have a knack at writing in a flow. A very normal set up for the story but I must admire the depth you put in the characters, especially Sharon. I love and adore your Sharon. On the otherhand Swayam is little on the jerk side and he is still carrying a hell lot of baggage from his past, fair enough but he needs to move on big time. He tweaked his relationship with Sharon as and when he wanted whereas Sharon was the one who always tried to mend things. Now it's his turn to mend his relationship with her. I know you must have planned something on how to take things from here, there is little concern from my side about how will you take the story forward with regards to SwaRon together, of course I don't expect them to get together asap but a gradual buildup is what I hope to read. From what I understand from this chapter, Sharon is planning to start afresh in her life which is a good thing but please don't make her move on from Swayam :( He was wrong on so many levels by being a jerk but plus there's Rey who think he can do whatever he wants with his sister, it was really unfair what all happened with her and as much as I would love to see her rise again but here is hoping to read more about them together rather than their individual storyline. Since it's a SwaRon FF and not D3 FF, i crave to see what happens with SwaRon as a whole and not how Rey has mended with Kiya/Taani. Not at all having an intention to disrespect the other characters but to tell you honestly there is so much of eagerness to know what has happened with Sharon/ Swayam and in between when I read something about how Rey has mended with Kriya i just feel like skimming through that portion. I'm sorry if I'm demanding too much from you, i know it's your story and your baby and you can shape it up like you want, but just a small feedback from a reader. It's totally upto you whether to take it or ignore it ;)
But yes reiterating again you are such a great storyteller :D

-Rutu

ErisedWitch45 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: Applef

Such a heavy chapter..

My heart just goes out for Sharon..
Poor thing.. Had went through alot recently..
It was a just a day.. But as she felt.. Alot had happened..
Rey did calm down and was cordial to her..
But nothing changed..
Shekawats planned a divorce??
Swayum's realization to Sharon's decision..
Everything came as a shock..
But I'm so proud of Sharon..
She's very strong even though, exhausted mentally and physically..
She wanted to clear her mind..
After how they behaved with her.. She still never rude to both swayum and rey..
I REALLY LOVE SHARON OF YOUR..
Update sooner this time please..

Hey! Thanks a ton! :)
This was an emotion-heavy part - with a lot of news and shocks. I am happy that I could convey some of that (as per your review).
[With the holiday season in, lot of things are taking up my time, hence the delay. Apologies for that and thanks again for reading and reviewing]
ErisedWitch45 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Phantasm

Wow. What a read! Had read few chapters long back and I must admit you have a knack at writing in a flow. A very normal set up for the story but I must admire the depth you put in the characters, especially Sharon. I love and adore your Sharon. On the otherhand Swayam is little on the jerk side and he is still carrying a hell lot of baggage from his past, fair enough but he needs to move on big time. He tweaked his relationship with Sharon as and when he wanted whereas Sharon was the one who always tried to mend things. Now it's his turn to mend his relationship with her. I know you must have planned something on how to take things from here, there is little concern from my side about how will you take the story forward with regards to SwaRon together, of course I don't expect them to get together asap but a gradual buildup is what I hope to read. From what I understand from this chapter, Sharon is planning to start afresh in her life which is a good thing but please don't make her move on from Swayam :( He was wrong on so many levels by being a jerk but plus there's Rey who think he can do whatever he wants with his sister, it was really unfair what all happened with her and as much as I would love to see her rise again but here is hoping to read more about them together rather than their individual storyline. Since it's a SwaRon FF and not D3 FF, i crave to see what happens with SwaRon as a whole and not how Rey has mended with Kiya/Taani. Not at all having an intention to disrespect the other characters but to tell you honestly there is so much of eagerness to know what has happened with Sharon/ Swayam and in between when I read something about how Rey has mended with Kriya i just feel like skimming through that portion. I'm sorry if I'm demanding too much from you, i know it's your story and your baby and you can shape it up like you want, but just a small feedback from a reader. It's totally upto you whether to take it or ignore it ;)

But yes reiterating again you are such a great storyteller :D

-Rutu

Hey Rutu, thank you for writing this review and giving an honest feedback. The central couple of the story is SwaRon, rest assured. It's just that all the supporting characters have in one way or another affected SwaRon's relationship - be it in strengthening them or separating them. A couple of loose ends need to be tied.
As for the review - I am glad you liked the normalcy of it. I intended it to be that way and it feels really good when someone sees through that. Thanks again for reading and writing what you felt. Truly appreciate it. :)

ErisedWitch45 thumbnail

Thank you so much! :)
ErisedWitch45 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Spark.Shreya

You know when I read the title, I had a completely different interpretation than what followed. As always you manage to keep the unpredictability element intact. Kriya was a complete surprise and probably with Kriya consoling Sharon, it couldn't have gotten more ironic. Nevertheless it feels better to know Sharon had someone out there when she needed to just cry her heart out. (I wish a moment like that happened with Swayam but yeah we got to wait for it.)

I loved how Taani came by and knocked some sense into her brother just before he was inches close to destroying himself and turning himself into another egocentric, self centered moron. Yes I am not too happy with Swayam yet because the mess is still there and it's going to take long to clean it. I was actually waiting for something to happen from Swayam's side. Although I am guessing Rey wasn't released from jail just like that. So yeah, I am glad Swayam is taking/will be taking efforts to mend all that's broken.

Amidst all this, Sharon still missing him makes me crave for there patchup. She loves him so wholeheartedly and somewhere I know Swayam does too. Sharon has always played the Ms. Right in this story, but Swayam has been the one who's been so flawed but now willing to change just for/because of Sharon. That gives me a hope that Swayam would put his heart and soul into mending his relationship with Sharon. There love looks like a wonderful misadventure I can't wait to see..
Please please it's a request do not make us wait for the next one so long..The story is gripping, it's not a great feeling to keep waiting..

Love,
Shreya

Again beginning with a sorry for the delayed response to part 18 review. I blame the holiday season :D A funny thing about the title is that it's more for me, as in to remember what happens in which part or where I wrote a particular incident. "Reunion" as a title would have had that effect. :D yeah, Sharon has been the sane one in their r/lship for far too long now but everyone has a breaking point. I see a "res" from you for chapter 19. Looking forward to know what you thought about it. Love reading your feedback, always!
ErisedWitch45 thumbnail

Originally posted by: SHAhira-Swaron

Res

Unres
Why am i always the last one to unres😭😭😭
Not much with blabbering straightly coming to the update am HEAD OVER HEALS IN LOVE WITH YOUR STORY😲
Thanking you wont be enough for you on continuing this but just love you for that😊

Hey Shahira! I am the one who is so grateful for the love and support you (and others) have continuously shown for my story. I had given up on it in between but started again coz of all the support. So thank you truly for the kind words and interest :)
ErisedWitch45 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Hp_TvD_mAnIc

Nice update...

sharon is felling low who wouldn't it nice the way you show
the last person i expect is kria to console Sharon, the talk between them was nice .now see what would swayam do to monofy Sharon ,

P.s: the brother-sister conversation was a good, try to show then more...

Thank you for reading and writing a review. I am glad you liked the Rey-Sharon and Kria-Sharon convo. :)
Autumn_Hue thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
I finally see Sharon taking some control over her life here..
Though it's painful to see the two of them part away so painfully I still want this to happen because it's a necessary thing.

An intense deep chapter but worth every read for sure.

Keep giving such powerful updates and please update soon.

Autumn_Hue thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
When do you update the next part of this story?
ErisedWitch45 thumbnail

Chapter 20 - New Beginnings (I)

Later that night, Taani found Swayam, on the terrace of their bungalow. He was staring at the distant sea. She was standing behind him and saw his slumped shoulder. She didn't need to see his face to know that whatever he had planned didn't work out. How enthusiastic he was after their talk in the morning, he was going to get Sharon back and she was hoping for that. She wondered what could've gone wrong.

"Bhai," she called out softly so as not to jar him.

His shoulders stiffened at hearing her voice. "Taani," he managed to speak her name in a choked voice. She could hear the tremble in his voice as he wiped his face with his palms.

"I didn't mean to disturb you-," she spoke delicately when he interrupted her, "Stay."

She walked up to the railing of the balcony and stood beside him. She couldn't muster up the courage to look at him. "It's all because of me, isn't it? If I hadn't started this affair with Rey, nothing would have happened. You would be happy. Sharon would be here with you."

"The only person to blame for this is me," Swayam admitted, his voice choking with every word. "I did this Taani. I took the best thing in my life and ruined it with my own hands."

Taani took his hand and squeezed it gently, "You thought Rey and Vicky were plotting against you..." she tried to give a weak justification.

Swayam shook his head, "Nothing can rationalize my reaction. I should have had faith on the girl that I claim to love. What kind of love is it if it's devoid of trust?"

"Don't doubt your love," Taani interjected, strengthening her voice, "You had a terrible experience in that past, your trust was broken. I have seen you deal with that. That kind of thing doesn't disappear. When you thought you were confronted with a similar situation you reverted to your old self that's understandable."

"Is that a good enough reason to do what I did?" Swayam asked solemnly. Taani slowly shook her head and shrugged her shoulder, confused, "I don't know... Not entirely. I thought Sharon would see through that..."

"She's been going through so much, because of me, because of her family, her career... How could I have been so blind?" he pondered, out loud.

"What will you do now?" Taani asked hesitantly.

"What she asked me to." Swayam replied with finality. "Give her space and time. That's the least I can do after all I put her through."

Taani nodded in response, praying for things to resolve as fast as they could.

----------

April in Delhi was one of the favourite months for Sharon. The chilly winter had receded and there was time for the scorching summer to start. She turned on the ceiling fan of her new rented flat and sat on a bean bag she had recently bought. It was a month since she arrived in the city, her city where she had spent a good portion of her life. After staying for a better part of a year in Mumbai, she felt like she was back home.

All her family brother, father, relatives were in Mumbai yet Delhi was closer to her heart. This is where she completed her studies, planned her future, and toiled for it. Last year, she went to Mumbai for a vacation and those few days led to a complete upheaval of her life. Her family being caught in that scandal, she being married off to Swayam... it all felt like a distant dream.

Her mind went back to the day she was leaving. Rey was trying to talk her out of it. He had apologized saying that he never held her responsible for any of the misfortunate incidents. But the damage was already done. That was the thing with words, once spoken you couldn't take them back. Sharon had seen how distressed Rey was when she was packing. She quelled him, making him believe that her reasons for leaving had nothing to do with him. It wasn't like she blamed Rey or Swayam or any person for all that had befallen.

Earlier she was a bystander in the world of her father and brother but once she was in it, she saw clearly that she was not meant for it. The business rivalry, the family politics, the backstabbing and the games were not something she could withstand or live with. She tried to, initially. But there came a point in her life, her breaking point, when she just couldn't do it anymore.

On pleasant spring nights, when she laid down in her bed, she found herself often thinking of Swayam. Before that fateful day, they were happy. She was in love with him, she believed he felt the same. Those few months when they were building their relationship were some of the best moments of her life. She thought it would last, but alas, like all good things, that came to an end.

A part of her longed to see him; to talk to him. She had pleaded him to give her time and he had obliged. A part of her, wanted him to protest, to say that he wouldn't let her go. If he were more assertive and didn't let her leave, would she have stayed back, she wondered oft.

The spring gave way to the start of a scorching Delhi summer. Sharon had found herself an internship at a small hospital. She decided to use her time judiciously before beginning to sit for entrance exams for her MS. On one such commute, from her rented flat to the hospital, in the midst of a heavily crowded metro station, Sharon saw him.

He was looking at the metro line map hung on the platform wall, with his back to her, she recognized his frame- the same tall guy with soft black curls. Sharon's heart skipped a beat, thinking if Swayam had come to the city for her. With each step she took towards him, her mind began to churn various thoughts was she happy that he was here? Did she want him here? What would she say to him? Should she even walk to him?

He still had his back to her, tracing the map to find some location. Taking a deep breath and shutting all the thoughts in her mind, she placed her hand, very softly, on his shoulder. "Swayam?" she whispered.

The guy turned around and smiled, "I am sorry?"

It was not Swayam. She took a step back and muttered, "Sorry. I thought you were someone I knew." The guy nodded and went back to studying the map.

Sharon found hot tears stinging her eyes. She was disappointed that it wasn't Swayam. She tried to wipe the tears forming in her eyes, but the more she wiped, the more it came. Why was she disappointed? She had asked him for time and he was giving her that. He would just pull her back to the same mess that she had tried so hard to leave behind. Why did she then want him near her?

----------

It was a hot July Sunday when Rey and Kria visited Sharon. Rey had wanted to come and visit her months ago but Sharon kept delaying. She knew that her brother was not happy with her shift and would try to get her to move back. Finally after months of persistence, she invited him over. He had taken an early morning flight from Mumbai and came straight to her rented flat. She wasn't expecting Kria to accompany and was pleasantly surprised. It was evident to Sharon that Rey and Kria had rekindled their relationship. She was happy for them.

Sharon's flat was a small 2 room house with a kitchen and washroom. Kria looked around and complimented Sharon that the flat was cozy.

Rey sulked at the doorway, "You mean small?" he asked Kria.

"No, I mean cozy," Kria replied with a smile as she plopped on a beanbag.

"At least find a better place to live," Rey complained as he sat on the edge of the bed.

"This is what I can afford with my internship stipend," Sharon responded, "And I don't want to take your or dad's money." Sharon argued as she saw Rey about to say something.

"It's your money too," Rey reasoned. "I get that you don't want to have any connection with that world but you can atleast keep your share of the money."

"I'll take it when I need it," Sharon replied and handed him a cup of tea. "Enough about me. Tell me what's happening with you guys."

"Nothing much," Kria spoke, "Dad's in London and recovering at a good pace. It was a good decision to send him away from all this."

Sharon pursed her lips at the mention of her father. She had called him from Delhi when he was in London. He was not very enthusiastic but maintained civility. He had made small talk and asked her if she needed anything. Sharon thanked him and asked him to visit her if he ever came to India. She could sense some disappointment in his voice as he disconnected the call. He was recovering and that was all that mattered. Sharon always had a non-existent relationship with her father, especially after her mother passed away. She was gratified with the small phone calls from him, once every few weeks; though she could make out that her father had kept constant touch with Kria and Rey.

Rey took over from Kria, "I am starting a new venture. There are some old connections of mine who are willing to invest."

Rey looked unsurely at Kria, who gave him a slight nod. He continued, "Swayam came to see me a few weeks back."

Sharon's ear perked up at the mention of Swayam. Rey went on, "He told me why he did what he did about the misunderstanding. He apologized and offered to reinstate me to my previous position. I accepted his apology and declined his offer. There were too many complications in the past. I told him I would be better off on my own... He was quite earnest in his apology, Sharon. Poor guy seemed really sorry."

Sharon shrugged, "I don't know what you are trying to get at?"

"Can't you guys work it out?" It was Kria who responded, "Rey has forgiven and forgotten the past. Can't you do the same?"

Sharon frowned, "Can we talk about something else please?" She didn't want to answer Kria's question coz she herself didn't know what she wanted. She wanted him back yet at the same time she was scared about what he would bring with him.

Rey and Kria didn't pursue the topic any further. They spent the entire day at Sharon's apartment till it was time for their late night flight, back to Mumbai.

As she was bidding goodbye to her brother and Kria, she had an unsettling feeling in the pit of her stomach like there was more news to come, from Mumbai.

Turned out she was not wrong. A few days later, exactly on the day of what was supposed to be her 1st marriage anniversary, she received a big and heavy manila envelope in courier. She knew what it was before she ripped open the packet a deed for divorce. Malhotra uncle had very meticulously put numerous post-its on the pages she was supposed to sign and put her initials in.

Her cup of tea turned cold as she finished with the last signature on the papers, many minutes later. The last shred of hope for her and Swayam was now over. Swayam never tried to contact her in these past 4 months. Maybe he had moved on. Maybe she was the one who was secretly hoping for some miracle to happen. She never paused to think that maybe, just maybe, Swayam didn't want to have any relationship with her.

She scoffed at her foolishness, at her silly heart for harbouring the hope for a reunion. "Happy anniversary, Sharon," she whispered to herself, in a heavy voice as she resealed the packet to be couriered back to Mumbai. When the courier delivery boy came to pick up her parcel, she held it in her hand for quite some time.

"Ma'am?" the young boy gestured her to hand him the parcel.

Sharon heard him but for some reason she couldn't find the courage to hand over the papers. If she gave it to him, that would be it the end of her relationship. There would be no going back from it. But what would she achieve by holding on to it? Swayam didn't want her. As much as she hated to believe, the truth was he didn't love her- for if he had, he would have never sent the divorce papers to Malhotra uncle. He wanted a clean finish and she would give it to him, no matter how much it pained her.

As she handed the packet to the courier boy, she wondered if she would ever see Swayam again.

She did see him again 6 months later, on a cool January morning in Mumbai, in the court while waiting for their divorce to be finalized.

---------