Frequent Posters

ErisedWitch45 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 8 years ago

Thanks Natasha :)
Autumn_Hue thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Waiting for the next chapter.. Hope you update it soon..
ErisedWitch45 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 5

Chapter 13 - Another Wedding

Sharon slowly opened her eyes as the sunlight fell on her face. She felt a hand around her waist. She smiled when she turned and saw a sleeping Swayam cuddled close to her. She lifted her face and planted a soft kiss on his cheek.

Thinking of the previous night made Sharon blush. It was strictly first base only. In hindsight, Sharon pondered, it could have gone beyond the kisses but it ended up with her falling asleep in his arms.

He stirred in his sleep, "Good morning," he mumbled.

"Morning," she replied and started getting out of the bed.

His grip on her waist became firmer preventing her from getting up, "What's the rush?"

"I am hungry," she said and moving his hand away, "moreover you were supposed to be on the right side of the bed."

"I was?" he asked playfully.

She grinned, "Get up, we are already late for breakfast."

He sat straight and rubbed his eyes, "I have to go to office today."

"Swayam Shekhawat doesn't want to go to office? That's a first."

"Now I have a reason not to."

"Nice try," Sharon chuckled, "Although that's a little too cheesy for my liking."

"How about we go for dinner tonight?" he asked, still sitting on the bed.

"Like a date?"

"Yes, our first date."

Sharon tied her hair in a bun, "Our first date was a disaster. I walked out."

"I was an idiot," he replied and Sharon nodded, smiling, "That's true."

"Let me make it up to you."

---------

Sharon couldn't help smile the entire day. She was happy. How could so much change in just a few hours? Swayam had been back from London just a day before and now all she could think of was him.

She got ready for the date and Swayam picked her up at 8. They didn't take a chauffeur. It was a small and quaint little French restaurant. It had a beautiful vintage dcor and floral printed wallpaper. There was an attached lawn where some people were dancing to the slow songs being played. It was run by a couple and the ambience was cozy.

"This is really beautiful," Sharon commented as she took her seat, "Thank you."

"I am glad you like it," he replied.

"So..." Sharon began, after their order arrived, "Maybe we should have the obligatory about-last-night talk."

"What about it?" he asked taking a sip from his drink.

"You know," she implored, "we kissed and all."

He shrugged his shoulder.

She sighed at his cluelessness, "Like where is this relationship going- the usual defining-the-relationship talk."

"Well I like you, a lot."

"More than a friend?" Sharon asked and immediately felt stupid.

He grinned, "Of course more than a friend. I don't go around kissing my friends." He continued, "I like where this is going. I have lived in regret and pain for quite some time and I don't want to waste any more of it."

"Okay," she replied, "sounds good for now." She bit the inner part of her cheeks to keep her from beaming. He liked her; no, he liked her a lot. She was pleased and there was this giddy feeling in the pit of her stomach.

A slow song started to play and Swayam asked her for a dance and she agreed.

His hand was placed lightly on her waist and she started thinking of their first dance together at the Shekhwat party, around five months back.

"You are a good dancer," she complimented.

"I have had training," he replied.

Her eyes popped out, "What?"

"Yes, in college. Remember I told you I wanted to follow my own passion after college, well, it was dancing," he admitted.

Sharon furrowed her eyebrows, "Dancing?"

He nodded. "Well I could never pursue it professionally because of the, you know, Kria episode and then I joined the family automobile business."

Sharon exhaled, "I can't seriously imagine you as a dancer. I mean you are this- supposedly brutal businessman. I just can't see someone like you who is busy in board meetings and takeover and mergers, as a dancer. It's just unbelievable."

"That's because you didn't know me then," he commented.

"I would have loved to," she replied, "You still can do that, you know, pursue your dreams."

"It's too late now," he exclaimed.

"Late? You are just 26. And it's never too late. There is this lady in my class, she is in her 40s and she is now studying cardiology. It's just about the initial push," she encouraged.

"I can't leave the business in a lurch. I wasn't interested in it at first, I despised it even but slowly it has grown on me," he said.

She gave him an encouraging smile, "Whatever makes you happy."

---------

Days rolled by quickly. Sharon and Swayam built on their relationship. They had so much to talk about, so much to know about each other. Each day she learnt something new or surprising about him. Swayam's change in behavior was apparent to his family as well. They, especially Taani, noted how happy he was nowadays and not cynical any more.

On New Year's Eve, the Shekhwat threw their yearly party. Soon it was mid-January. Her college would reopen in mid-February. A few days back, she got a wedding invite from one of her old classmate, Simmi. The wedding was in the last week of January in Goa. She asked Swayam if he would like to join her and he agreed.

"I am so happy you are coming along," Sharon said as they boarded their seats on the flight to Panjim (Goa). "Attending a wedding solo is just too embarrassing."

"Hmmm," Swayam was busy checking his cell phone.

Sharon rolled her eyes. "Hmm is just a polite way of saying you don't give a damn." She then snatched Swayam's phone away from his hands, "Flight's about to take off - you are not allowed to use electronic devices."

"Sharon!" Swayam warned, "Give me my phone back."

Sharon grinned, "Your angry face is cute. And relax! Your company can function without you for at least 1 hour. You are on a break, although only 2 days, nevertheless a break."

"I just need to send one email," Swayam protested. Sharon sighed and gave him back the phone.

"So," he said after a couple of minutes, "You have my undivided attention now. You were saying something about the bride..." Swayam paused, trying to remember the name.

Sharon glared at him, "Simmi. Clearly you didn't listen to a word I said. Anyway, she is marrying Nilesh, her high school sweetheart. We were good friends in college but then we kind of lost touch for a few months. I was surprised to get her wedding invitation given the fact that I completely forgot to invite her for ours. It all happened in a rush, our wedding...," She paused and then changed the topic, "They are getting married in some old church where her parents and grandparents got married. Isn't it romantic?"

"I guess," Swayam looked at her, "Did you have any such ideas for your wedding? Our wedding was more for show."

"I had, nothing fancy though" she said dreamily, "I wanted a small ceremony on a beach, surrounded by just a few close friends and family. But it's okay; doesn't matter now."

"I am sorry," he spoke.

"Swayam, it's not your fault," she gave him a re-assuring squeeze on his hand, "It's in the past now."

He nodded, unsure, "Well this is our first trip together in 7 months. Somewhat like our honeymoon."

"Honeymoon?" Sharon repeated, "Mr. Shekhawat, for someone who is a billionaire, you are a big miser."

"What?" he gave her an incredulous look and laughed.

"We live in Mumbai and you are taking me on a honey moon' to Goa that too for just 2 days! You are stingy," she grinned.

"Okay," he raised his hands in defeat, "We'll plan a trip the, a nice one- you pick the destination."

"Will your phone accompany us too?" she prodded him.

"No," he replied, "No phone, no work."

She smiled, "Someday, I'll hold you up to that."

---------

Simmi and Nilesh's families had booked an entire resort for the guests. Each family had their own cottage with a bedroom, living room, kitchen and verandah. The resort had a private beach too. Sharon and Swayam went to Simmi's cottage in the evening to meet her, before the big day.

Swayam left them after an hour for a quick call. Sharon rolled her eyes. She knew his "quick" call would last at least 45 minutes.

"I'll visit Nilesh too after dinner," Sharon said to Simmi, "It's been a long time since I met him."

"So, now that Swayam is not here," Simmi spoke with a sly smile, "Give me all the details!"

"What details?" Sharon asked.

"You know, about the wedding night and all," Simmi prodded.

Sharon chuckled, "You have more experience in that department than me."

"True that!" Simmi laughed, "But on a serious note, how's married life?"

"Well," Sharon began apprehensively, "It was difficult at the start but we have adjusted much better now. Swayam, 6 months back, would never leave his work for a trip, but now he is here, with me."

"Sounds nice," Simmi added, "especially under the circumstances you got married."

Sharon raised an eyebrow.

"Oh! Come on," Simmi remarked, "Those news paper articles about your love story were bullshit. I wasn't born yesterday. I have known you for 6 years now and I never saw you talk to a guy, much less date one. You went home for a month break and got married and suddenly there were these articles proclaiming your love story..."

"That's a relief," Sharon said, relaxing, "At least now I don't have to pretend."

"So," Simmi continued, "Are you guys in love?"

"I don't know," Sharon replied after a thought, "he said he liked me and I like him, obviously, but love? How do you even know when you fall in love?"

"I don't think you can describe it," Simmi pondered, "It's like if you are with the right person, everything makes sense; you feel happy- not all day everyday but you know... It's not a singular moment with violins in the background, more like a series of moments and experiences. As they say, you were alive but now you are living."

"That's deep," Sharon replied, then added with a grin, "who knew you'd become this philosophical, especially on the eve of your wedding."

---------

Swayam and Sharon met the groom after dinner and walked back to their cottage. Sharon was quiet during the walk. She was going over what Simmi had said earlier. Love - that was a heavy feeling. Was she ready for it? More importantly, was he?

She was standing in front of the mirror in their cottage, taking off her jewelry when she noticed Swayam staring at her.

"What?" she asked him. He shook his head and walked over to her.

He put a hand around her and pulled her close. Her back was pressed against him with the palm of his hand grasping her flat stomach. He tilted his head and kissed her at the crook of her neck. She closed her eyes at the sensation.

"You are beautiful," he whispered into her ears. Sharon's heart throbbed as he left a trail of kisses on her neck and back. The touch of his lips on her skin send tingling waves throughout her body.

He turned her around to face him and kissed her slowly and softly on her forehead, her eyes, cheeks and neck. She ran her hand through his hair. His hand moved down to her hips, gently squeezing. He kissed her jaw-line slowly as his lips made his way to hers. She went weak at the knees and thought she couldn't stand.

His hand fiddled with the zip at the back of her dress and he gradually started to unzip it. He caressed her now partially exposed back. She had goose bump all over her body. His fingers played with the hook of her underclothes. The dress was sleeveless and slowly started to slip when Sharon caught it with her hand. She knew where this was going.

"Swayam," she whispered, as he kissed her neck and stroked her back, "I...I am not ready."

He stopped kissing her and looked at her. There was an awkward silence.

"Not now...," she didn't complete the sentence.

Swayam took a step back in thought. "I am sorry. I shouldn't have."

Sharon shook her head, "No, It's just..." she was at a loss of words. She felt somewhat embarrassed at telling him about her inexperience in this matter. She muttered, biting her lip, "It's just that... I..."

"It's okay," Swayam smiled, "You're very special to me, Sharon and our first time will be too."

He gave a peck on her forehead and went back to the bed, turning his bedside lamp off.

Sharon was still clutching her dress with one hand. She was grateful that the room was partially dark, hiding her now blushing red cheeks. Her eyes fell on Swayam in the bed.

A couple hours back she was wondering if she loved him. Now, Sharon was certain that the emotion she was experiencing was the beginning of it.

---------

Wandering_mind thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail + 2
This was so so beautiful! I transformed into a different world altogether ❤️ !
Your writing has a very smooth flow. I loved the beginning ! It was perfect! Nothing over the top,but just so blissful and romantic. And that straight forward talk about the night was so well written. It added a realistic touch to this otherwise magical update !
They are still new to the feelings and its so endearing to see them both enjoying the new feeling.

I fell in love with Swayam here! Watching him change from the boring, stern business man into a romantic husband is so beautiful ! Kudos to Sharon for bringing about this change in him.So glad to see her presence in his life , affecting him in such a positive way.

Falling in love is probably the most beautiful phase in one's life, and it feels so overwhelming to see Swayam and Sharon experience that. The date, the dance, those light hearted conversations where Swayam has finally learnt to speak his heart out with his most special someone, that little moment in the flight where Sharon turns the boss ( any other day Swayam would have been furious at her for snatching his phone :P) ,his desire to know about her fantasy wedding and then feeling sorry for not letting her have one, Sharon mocking him on being a miser( wow they were discuasing honeymoon already! 😳 )and finally their intimate moment in the bedroom ,all this is sooo dreamy! 😳😳

"You're very special for me,Sharon and our first time will be too ", Swayam took away my heart with this line. I'm so not surprised to see Sharon falling hard for him!!

Absolutely beautiful! I am still into it! One of the most romantic pieces I came across!.

Next update soon soon soon ,pretty please?!!

Love,
Shreya <3

Edited by Spark.Shreya - 8 years ago
Rockingbhardwaj thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
Wow
Their equation is getting deeper..
Loved it
Thanks
Autumn_Hue thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
This was really really beautiful.. It was worth every minute that we have waited uptil now.. The realistic romance that you have showed here is great.. But just one thing that I wanted to say.. I felt a lil dip in the emotions from Swayam's side in this update, I mean the physical aspect was there but somewhere I felt a dip in his emotions, maybe it's only me..
Nevertheless this update didn't fail to bring a wide smile on my face seeing Swayam and Sharon going towards what we call is love..

Keep writing more and update this soon..

Love,
Kashmi
ShradhaP13 thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
OMG ths is awesome
The flow of words as of the feelings is speechless
Pls do contn soon nw cant wait to read further...
3sisters thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
I love the sweet long update update soon
stardust2011 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 2
Love your writing. Fabulous it is.
My only problem is while reading your story, in my mind i see Vrushika as Sharon but no matter how much i try, i end up imagining Barun Sobti aka Arnav singh raizada as Swayam. Not that I mind😉
mythreyii thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
This is beautiful
Yet another amazing update from your side

Starting from the point where last part ended to where this ended altogether a well written one

Not too much of dragging and keeping everything to the point and crisp be it romance or like love part or to their talk everything was finely penned with the correct end point

This was written so nicely..
The transition in their relationship was very beautifully written

Jus the time for them to realise few things

Pls update next one soon awaiting