Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

ErisedWitch45 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 8 years ago

Hi! Will be updating real soon. thanks! :)
ErisedWitch45 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 5

Chapter 11 - The Rebound

Swayam's hand was still in her grasp. Her chest rose and fell as she slept peacefully. He smiled looking at her face. In the moonlight it looked angelic. For a long time he hadn't been this close to anyone. He felt his heart flutter but couldn't really understand why? Why was this girl, whom he had married for namesake, becoming important to him? When she was in his arms, he didn't want to let go. He felt this innate need to shield her; to protect her from whatever she was running away from.

A few months back, Swayam wouldn't have even imagined that he would want to be close to anyone ever again but he felt something changing inside him. What was it about her that made him feel this way? She was beautiful and intelligent but it was her strength that he had started admiring. She knew about Kria now and she had handled that unfolding well. He was expecting tears and angry confrontation from her but nothing of that sort happened. She was calm and collected.

Getting married to him under those circumstances wasn't easy for her. Her family was unsupportive and from what Swayam gathered, they treated her like a commodity. But was he not similar to them? She was just another merger, nothing more. His indifference towards her must have made her lonelier. He knew this and yet did nothing. He felt a twinge of pain. How could he behave like that with her? With this girl- his wife, who was at least trying to form some kind of bond with him.

Shouldn't he also try to at least make an effort?

---------

Sharon woke up feeling rejuvenated, the next morning. Few hours of sleep had replenished her energy. She stretched her hands, thinking of the notes she will have to make as she had missed 2-3 days of class. Her eyes darted towards the clock and she was shocked. It wasn't 8 am, it was 11! She had over slept.

"Crap," she muttered and dashed to the bathroom to get ready.

She was swiftly putting her laptop and books in her handbag when Swayam entered the room.

"Going somewhere?" he asked.

"Yes," she nodded not looking at him, "college. I already missed some important lectures. I don't know why the alarm didn't ring. I had set it for 8am."

"I turned it off," he replied nonchalantly.

"What?" she yelled.

"You were very tired last night. I thought you'd benefit from a few extra hours of sleep," he replied.

She tried to control the rising anger, "Next time please don't try to help." She answered curtly and left for college immediately.

Sharon had missed a major portion of the lecture. Everyone turned to look at her as she entered. She slid quietly on the last bench and took out her notebook. The professor was concluding the class. She had missed another lecture - that was 3 times in a row.

"So," boomed the professor's voice, "I will grade the projects and put up the marks in a few weeks."

"Crap!" She was supposed to submit the project today. She completely forgot. After class she walked up to the professor and told her the same.

Asmita, the professor was a lady in her 50s. She eyed Sharon as she spoke. "Your personal reasons are not my concern."

"I know," Sharon pleaded, "It's my fault. I shouldn't have missed the deadline. Please professor, give me another chance. I'll submit the project tomorrow."

"Sharon, is it?" Asmita asked, to which Sharon nodded.

She went on, "IMC has produced some of the best cardiologists in India. You got into IMC without even taking the entrance test. Your connection with the dean will only take you so far."

"I know professor," Sharon begged, "I am very serious about my studies. This won't happen again, I promise."

"I am sure it won't happen again but there is nothing I can do this time," Asmita gathered her bag, ready to leave.

Sharon followed her, "But then I get a 0 in this subject. This subject has 30% weightage. If I get a 0 in this, I'll have to ace all the other subjects just to get passing marks in this semester. That is very difficult, next to impossible. Professor, please just this one time."

"I am sorry." Asmita said in an unapologetic tone and left the room.

---------

Sharon was in a horrible mood as she entered the Shekhwat house. She rushed to her bedroom to pick up a few books. She planned to go back to the college library to finish all her pending work.

She was cursing Asmita at first, but Sharon knew it was her fault. Only if she hadn't gotten embroiled in this Swayam-Kria-Rey-Anjali drama! Why did she have to stick her nose where it didn't belong? So what if Swayam was drunk that night? She should have gotten him home and let him sleep it off. She didn't need to make him confess his past to her. One thing led to another and before she knew it, she had broken another relationship- Kria and Rey.

And now she was at the verge of failing in the 1st semester. She only got in the college because of Anjali's recommendation to the Dean. She knew she should never have accepted Anjali's help. Professor Asmita thought she was a slacker, a free-rider. She had a condescending tone when she taunted Sharon of her connection with the dean.

She could blame everyone for this mess but the fact of the matter was that it was all her fault. She knew this and cursed herself.

Swayam entered the room trying to make small talk, "How was class?"

Sharon was busy finding her course books. And she was angry, at herself and others. She didn't reply.

Swayam went on, "So, I was thinking, you know, about what I said to you the other day... about Kria-"

That was it! Sharon turned to Swayam. She yelled, infuriated, "Oh my God Swayam, It's been 4 years! Let it go!"

Swayam gave her a confused look but Sharon took no heed, she was angry and frustrated.

"I...-," Swayam began but she cut him off again. She was fuming, "I am done treating you with kid gloves. People fall in love and get their hearts broken all the time. GET OVER IT! I don't care if she was your first love. What's the big deal? There are people out there dealing with much important issues."

She didn't wait for him to respond. She packed her books and left right away.

---------

Sharon spent the next couple of days in the library completing all the pending work. She had to score very well in the other subjects. She didn't get much time to sleep and didn't respond to any texts or calls. She was determined to catch up with the rest of her class.

After 3 days of non-stop studying, she was finally done- at least with the pending work. She still had to prepare for the exams and projects. She went home and took a long bath. It was dusk and Swayam was not in the room. She was very tired so she dozed off.

The next morning was a Saturday, her favorite day of the week. She went for breakfast where Taani informed her that Swayam was out of town on a business trip and he would be back on Monday.

Her heart sank a little. The last time she saw Swayam was when she was shrieking at him. He had told her about his past with great difficulty and she had insensitively told him to move on. Of course, the advice was right, he should move on, but the way she said it was rude.

She went through her texts and call log and saw few missed calls from Rey.

"Oh God!" she whimpered.

"What happened?" Taani asked, concerned.

"It's Rey. He just broke up with Kria - about a week ago and I didn't even check up on him. Oh, I feel horrible," Sharon clutched her stomach. She had forgotten that her brother was going through a tough time.

"Let's go in the evening," Taani suggested, "I'll come with you, if you don't mind."

Sharon beamed, "That's a great idea."

-----

Sharon rang the doorbell of the Singhania penthouse. Taani was with her carrying a box of chocolates and a bottle of wine - very helpful items, while going through break-ups, Taani had said.

Rey opened the door and Sharon and Taani were shocked when they peered inside. Rey had thrown a party. There were a dozen of his friends, mostly from college years. There were cans of beer lying around with packets of chips and empty pizza boxes.

"Come on in," Rey welcomed them.

Sharon looked around in bewilderment when Taani nudged her playfully, "So, he is going through a tough time?"

"He is supposed to," Sharon grumbled, "It's just been a week."

She walked over to Rey, caught him by his arm and dragged him to the nearest room. "What are you doing?"

"Sharon," Rey exclaimed, "I am hosting a party."

"I can see that," she retorted, "Rey, you just broke up with your fianc, your girl friend of 3 years - you need to deal with it."

"I am over her," he remarked.

"In 1 week?" she questioned.

"Do you want me to be like Swayam and take 4 years?" He meant it as a joke but Sharon didn't find it funny.

Rey implored, "Look, I am really over her. I don't want to waste any more time reflecting on the past. You should be happy for me."

"I am," Sharon mumbled, "Are you sure you are fine?"

Rey smiled, "Better than ever."

---------

Taani stood at the balcony of the hall. The pent house was at a very high floor and she could see a good portion of Mumbai city.

"Like the view?" came a voice. It was Rey.

"The one from my room is better. You can see the sea," she replied.

He took a sip of the beer, "Sharon seems disappointed."

"She is worried for you. She had no idea you'd rebound so quickly," Taani answered.

They stood in silence for some time. Rey tapped his fingers at the railing of the balcony.

"So," Taani broke the silence, "how are you really doing?"

"Peachy," Rey snickered, "Broke up with the girl I love- sorry loved, for 3 years; called off the wedding. Other than that I feel awesome."

"For what it's worth, I am sorry," Taani lightly placed her hand on Rey.

He looked at her hand on his and then at her. She had a round face with beautiful large eyes and rose-colored lips.

He leaned towards her.

"What are you doing?" she managed to speak.

But he didn't reply. Before she knew it, his lips were kissing hers. Taani felt the warmth of Rey lips. She felt a strange tingling sensation as she closed her eyes and returned the kiss.

Taani should have pushed him or moved away but it seemed like her body had a mind of it's own. She didn't move. Rey grabbed her waist and pulled her closer to him, deepening the kiss.

After a couple of minutes, he pulled apart and Taani opened her eyes. They stood still not knowing what to do next. It was unexpected, to say the least.

"I... shouldn't have done that," Rey apologized, "Sorry."

"It's okay," Taani's answered.

"I don't know what came over me," he reasoned.

"Those beers that you've been chugging non-stop...," Taani pointed to the one that was in Rey's hand.

So we're cool?" he asked.

"Sure," she replied curtly.

They stood there awkwardly without talking. After some time Taani left Rey alone on the balcony.

Rey was still standing on the balcony, reflecting on what he had done. He had chugged a few beers and was a little tipsy. Also the roller-coaster of emotions inside him didn't help. Maybe that's why he kissed her.

He heard a movement behind him and thought it was Taani.

He turned to face Sharon, a very angry Sharon.

"What the hell was that?" Sharon bellowed at him, "I saw you kiss Taani!"

"Oh," Rey fumbled, "I shouldn't have."

"Of course you shouldn't," Sharon continued, "Taani is not only my sister-in-law but a very good friend. She is not just some girl you can use to rebound. She is a very nice person. I know you are going through a tough time and this is why you need to reflect, not kiss random people."

"It won't happen again," Rey promised.

Sharon spoke in a threatening voice, "It can't happen again."

----------

The next morning, Sharon walked over to Kria's restaurant. She didn't really have the courage to face her after Rey had dumped her, but she wanted to give it a try. She had known Kria for a few years and even though they were never the best of friends, Sharon still felt a need to check in on her. She knew she was instrumental in breaking the relationship.

She wondered if she had done the right thing. Kria's past was water under the bridge, but she made her tell Rey. Rey's reaction was not something in her control, Sharon justified herself. How could she have foreseen that Rey would take an extreme step and break all ties with Kria?

Kria was not at the restaurant. The Maitre D' informed her that Kria was not coming to work for a few days now. She was at home. Sharon started getting tensed. Why was Kria not at work? Did something happen? Something bad? To put a stop to all the negative thoughts that was coming to her mind, she decided to pay her a visit at her home.

Sharon rang the door bell at Kria's apartment, apprehensively. Kria opened it. Her eyes were puffy and red, her hair awry. She was a mess and Sharon felt bad for her.

"What the hell are you doing here?" Kria cried in a hoarse voice.

"Can we talk inside?" Sharon's voice was timid.

"Why? Are there some more dreams you want to destroy?" Kria started closing the door.

Sharon put her hand on it, "Kria please, I am sorry. I didn't know things would spiral out of control like this."

Kria sneered, "Your sorry won't fix mine and Rey's relationship. I really loved him. And you ruined it."

Saying this Kria banged the door on Sharon's face. A neighbor came out on hearing the noise. Sharon looked around, feeling embarrassed and left. What did she expect would happen? That Kria would receive her with open arms?

Her insides churned thinking of Kria. No matter how much Sharon tried to justify her interference, the truth was she had separated Kria and Rey, maybe unintentionally, but she had.

---------

Rockingbhardwaj thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
Poor sharon has to study hard..
Yup she was in bad mood
But she shouldn't have snapped at swayam..
Poor he.

So taare ia gonna happen soon..
Nice
Thanks
.writtenletter. thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 2
You know what i loved about this chapter; how real you kept it. You nailed how humans interact on a emotional level, every dialogue and scene was so relatable. Its one of the reasons why your story is so unique, the way you show it and interoperate is so subtle. I know i said this the last time but i really can't wait to read Swayam becoming more prominent and how he deals with Sharon's words of getting over it. To a certain extent she was right because there are bigger problems in the world other than heartbreak, and perspective is so important. And thats why your Sharon is so good, she instills that perspective.
Mesmerised as always

Neet
Edited by .ButterflyNeet. - 8 years ago
Hakuna_Matata11 thumbnail
Amazing update.
Loved it so much.
Very realistic portrayal of characters.
Continue soon.
srinidhi94 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
awesome update..
i like the action and reactions of each characters...swayam, sharon, rey, taani, kriya...
sneharay thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4
Awesome update..
Sharon behaviour towards swayam quite rude
Waiting for swayam reaction afterthat..
Pls give more swaron scenes..its a request
Update soon
niki171 thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Awesome concept
It's damn difficult to imagine swayam n Sharon in such a role
I m glued to this story
Plezzz don't be like other writers who stop writing stories when they get less likes or comments
Just think that u have a unique writing style which very less people appreciate
Waiting for next chapter
-DreamzGirl- thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
it's good to see swayam trying to make Some bond With her ..but the mess ...Waiting for Swayam reaction ...
yadnyasawant thumbnail
nxt update pls
it was superb to read
eagerly waiting for nxt part