||SwaRon OS: Unsaid and Unheard||

..MiStLeToE.. thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 8 years ago
SwaRon OS: Unsaid and Unheard

Dancing is like dreaming with your feet.

Being a dancer he had heard this quote a few times in his life but had never been able to unleash its meaning in its fullest sense, until now.

She was dancing on the stage. Her every step represented her world, her every stance a glimpse of her dreams, her every expression reflecting happiness, she danced a journey, a journey to her world, the world where she was free, where she was herself, where people don't hurt her and where she allowed herself to be Sharon.

The song ended and the mass burst into applauses. The applauses which meant so much to her right now, every applause working as bricks in rebuilding the wall of her confidence again. For them their journey to her world had ended with the song but for Swayam it always began afterwards.

Her eyes moved in the humongous crowd till it reached his face standing in the first line, just for a second, just for the affirmation that he was there and then drifted back to the crowd again. He smiled to himself at her bootless flings. He wondered if he would ever be able to make her understand that she was never quick enough for him when it came to hiding her emotions.
In that one glance he had read all her feelings.

He moved back making his way through the deafening crowd, strolling through the exit gates, past the noise of the event and the deserted resort till he reached silence. The kind of silence where you could own yourself without any barriers. The quietness holds you from abandoning yourself even for a second.

He bore his fingers deep into the sand and allowed his hand to move in any way they wanted. He smiled sadly when he read what he had written
Sharon.

He kept staring at it without any thought till a tear drop fell from his eyes. He wiped it gently and stared at the mass of blue erupting in the sky, a blue that was bluer than blue but it felt as empty as his heart.
"I won!" The voice seemed to wash off all the emptiness growing inside him. She was like the wave which if violent can destroy your existence and if gentle leaves shells for you on the shore. Her words told him she was leaving him with shells tonight. He didn't turn. There was no need of it now. His work was done. He was the need of the hour and that hour was gone. She was mended.

She moved towards him, probably to say something but stopped as she saw the name engraved on the sand. Her name. Sharon.

Her abrupt silence made him realize the cause of it. He didn't need to look at her to read the surprise in her eyes but yet he couldn't hold himself back in the moment.
He looked at her as she stared at him, none daring to break the silence. They both knew it will annihilate if they talked anything about it.
"I thought you liked to see me winning." She said trying not to give away her position at his absence during her winning moment.
"I just like to see you dance." He stated it so simply that she couldn't help herself but question how everything became so easy around him. How she didn't need to chase perfection to be perfect for him.

There was no conversation after that. They stood beside each other facing the sun which had started to set slowly leaving its redness behind in the sky.
She watched the tide diving for Swayam as he moved ahead to take its blow. It was after when it had left him wet and cold that she realized he had gone ahead to save her engraved name in the sand from washing away. Swayam's wet figure in front of her standing between the sea and her engraved name made her realize she was so much like the tide trying eat Sharon away all the time, trying to suppress her off within herself but then there was Swayam always standing between in her way protecting Sharon taking in all her scorns, humiliation and wrath.
It was the moment when she should be running away before her heart start comprehending him and all the things related to him in the way she hated, in the way which always leave her in a mess later but she realized she was a mess anyway and if she had to be one she would prefer being a mess of this kind.
"You want to come with me into the waters?" He turned and asked her, without any hope or insistence in his voice.
Did she want to go with him into the waters? She asked herself, but as boldly as she had asked the question it scared her beyond that to answer it.
"No! I am alright here. The water is dirty." She cursed herself for putting up her defense in a moment like this and putting it up so badly.
He stared at her and even though there was not enough light she felt herself melting under his gaze. For a strange reason it brought back the memories of the abandoned corridor
"This book is shut till you open it." His words echoed in her mind as she saw him turning ahead walking towards the waters.
She watched the waves hit the shores fiercely leaving small cracks on it retreating back and then coming again to it. It felt like an objectification of her and Swayam. She could see herself in the waves, as it hit the shores with all its force, she imagined her doing the same to Swayam and he just like the shore accepting all that she had to offer with the same grace. He broke himself but protected her from becoming a maddening destructible storm. She withdrew herself from him but in the times of need she couldn't help but look out for him and she found him standing for her always.

She stared at his figure walking slowly from the shoreline to the deep waters and she felt like it wasn't just the waters ghe was stepping deep into, it was also her heart, it was opening with his every step into it. It was scary but it was inevitable. She smiled contented and happy for odd reasons. Staring at the name engraved in sand meshing slowly in the waves she knew it was going be a long journey and she was going to be extremely difficult but she hoped that Swayam doesn't give up on her.

And maybe just maybe there will come a day when she would choose not to kill him but complete him .

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

..MiStLeToE.. thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
NOTE

Okay, my avatar is my inspiration to write this piece. This whole track and the scene was beautiful. And so it ofcourse has bits and parts of 2012 Goa India Fest and the rest is my imagination.

I hope you all enjoy reading this :)

Chitra :)
Edited by ..MiStLeToE.. - 8 years ago
.nerfherder thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 3 Thumbnail
EDITED.

Hola.

I don't care if I'm supposed to start quoting from the beginning, but I saw this line first before reading and I fell for it

And maybe just maybe there will come a day when she would choose not to kill him but complete him .

Genius and so so good. This one sentence took the cake away from me and even more so because another favourite character of mine says something along these lines. ☺️ (You might have heard of him from me; Han Solo πŸ˜†) Basically I drifted into two dreamlands at the same time. :3

Moving on,

I had watched these few episodes of D3, Sharon's hesitation towards dance, the gang's measures to make her and Swayam, oh lovely Swayam's silent efforts which made her dance. You wrote Swayam beautifully here, Chitra (and he was so great in here). Your analogies were lovely, I liked them. Great work in all hon, great.

Love and a bucketful of cheers
nerfherder
Edited by .nerfherder - 8 years ago
Wandering_mind thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail + 2
I need to reserve this for now. Coz u need to be praised enough for such a beautiful piece :)
I got your PM this time bdw!πŸ˜†

*Unreserve*

This was so beautiful!.. I want to begin by thanking you for writing this. Its wonderful how you put your heart and soul into every single piece you write and the outcome is a master piece! It has to be:)

There was so much depth and I'm amazed with the way you have expressed both Swayam and Sharon so profoundly.
And the flow is so smooth, that you just want to read more and more and never stop.

"I thought you liked to see me winning." She said trying not to give away her position at his absence during her winning moment.
This line was enough to totally define Sharon.

Another part I loved the most was how you personified Sharon in the form of waves crashing on the shore...It held such a deep meaning and It was so much relatable, beyond perfect I'd say and surely my favorite lines of this Os.

Swayam's wet figure in front of her standing between the sea and her engraved name made her realize she was so much like the tide trying eat Sharon away all the time, trying to suppress her off within herself but then there was Swayam always standing between in her way protecting Sharon taking in all her scorns, humiliation and wrath.

The start, "Dancing is like dreaming with your feet "

reminded me so much of Vrushika. I really loved how you used the seashore as a prime element in defining Swayam and Sharon and then blended it with dance to define them as SwaRon as its dance what binded them in the first place.

And the beautiful end "someday she will not kill him but complete him." A perfect interpretation of Sharon. Its amazing how you understand her character to such a depth.

The line reminded me of a quote I had recently read,

"I love you as certain dark things are to be loved,in secret,between the shadow and the soul. " I don't know why but I can relate this to Sharon so much and your ending was a perfect expression of her hidden love for him.

This was beyond perfection.Its close to my heart now.
I ❀️ this !! I ❀️ you for sharing this:)

<3 Shreya
Edited by Spark.Shreya - 8 years ago
Rockingbhardwaj thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
Really sweet..
Swayam can never give up on her...
His sharon..
Lovely
Thanks for the pm
LoveHopeMagic thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 5
Well..Now I need some words to appreciate you enough for this.
I just loved the title too much. Unsaid and Unheard. Very apt for the situation. πŸ‘πŸΌ
And there was a flow which made me wish that it never ends, but unfortunately every beautiful thing has an end.

He wondered if he would ever be able to make her understand that she was never quick enough for him when it came to hiding her emotions.
In that one glance he had read all her feelings.

I loved this line.[I read this line at least for five timesπŸ˜†]

You know i love to read your stories because of many reasons, but there is something which makes me fall in love with your write ups again and again and that is the way you write emotions and feelings, as simple as possible. You never used very hard words to express things, your lines were simple yet beautiful.

I loved your imagination. πŸ˜†
And his reply "I just like to see you dance" πŸ˜‰

Thank you so much Chitra for writing this, you brought back so many memories. And i know this comment is long for an OS but i comment long when they touch me and this time you did with your this brilliant piece. πŸ˜ƒ

- Greeshma.

--Ana-- thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
So many amazing os's today!
Sharon in this was being thick with herself. That is what I've always loved to read or even watch. Swayam sitting there mirthless, was something which left me gobsmacked if I had to say, cause its not just some mere words put together to potray the scene. I could feel much more. The depth. I loved that.

That look, which was enough for swayam to gauge Sharon's insight. That was endearing to read.

I haven't watched the past SwaRon, from which the base of this story hails, so the reason for the doleful interaction between them is still unclear to me. And that has to do nothing with your writing, as when I read it just like a singular piece, I could fathom many emotions.

I loved it <3

Love
Ana❀️
Edited by --Ana-- - 8 years ago
sneharay thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4
Amazing..so beautifully written.. πŸ‘
prachi_vrushan thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 3 Thumbnail
beautiful os
u knw wht u r an amazing writer
im jst speechless
jst loved it
hats off to u
ExpectoPatronus thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
dis is very well written... i dunno why, during dis 1 arm distance phase, i found sharon selfish. may be i ws more into swayam den. 😊