SwaRon Drabble: Colours and Denial

.nerfherder thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 8 years ago

Grey, everything was grey.

She had seen enough of the world, despite the misconception that her nose was as high as her father's salary. She had seen enough to know that white and black never existed; they co-existed. As grey. No one was completely good, no one truly bad. She understood the world and had learnt to survive in it, get used to all the greyness.

And then he barged in, a splash of colour.

A colour so vivid, so bright, it knocked her off her feet; causing chaos in her thoughts. The sudden spurt of life was not very welcome, not when it brought down her whole world-view like a fickle house of cards. His presence was too strong for her to handle. Never before had she encountered such a personality.

No, he didn't affect her at all.

She had always been aware of how grey she was. Why wouldn't she? Her complexities, her own contradictions were crystal clear to her. Why else would she look down upon at everyone, scornful, when deep down she'd love to have their company. Why else would she not admit that the world was not all grey?

Well, it was all grey. She had decided on that, hadn't she? For, he did not matter.

Of course he did not matter.

Days passed, and his colourful presence grew stronger and stronger amidst the sea of greys. It blinded her and awed her (she would never admit it though, why would she? He never mattered). In addition, it annoyed her, as he acted like he had found the colour in her. Did he not understand? There was no colour, not in her, not in anyone, not in him. (She would never accept that her theory was moot, that everything was not grey).

Because, in the end, he did not matter.

Did he?

Edited by .nerfherder - 8 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

.nerfherder thumbnail
Yes, I realise how short this drabble really is. But in my defense, a drabble is to finish in 100 words (google says it) and this piece crossed 300.
Yay. 🤡

This is just my take on how Sharon must have felt about Swayam at one point. Irrevocably affected and yet, in denial.

Drop in your reviews, please?

Thanks.

Cheers.
nerfherder
Edited by .nerfherder - 8 years ago
--Ana-- thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Reserved!
Unreserved

Well well, colours and denial that's one hell of a captivating name.

The story that revolved around the base of Sharon's prime characterisation. One thing that I really love about her characterisation is that even though she could fathom grey more into her life, she was never a nondescript. Such a contradiction in herself is what makes anyone excited to read about her more.

The fact that swayam made her feel that way or could engender any kind of colour other than grey in her life was something if informally I had to say "Unputdownable".

She believed in being grey, but to her surprise swayam never allowed that, his love was never pallid. That is something that I always admire.

Ah! This drabble, makes you travel back to many instances that have happened. Thank you so much for doing that. <3
Last but not the least, I will conclude saying I loved it <3

Much love,
Ana ❤️
Edited by --Ana-- - 8 years ago
..MiStLeToE.. thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
Same fate this time.

Not first.

^Unreserve^

Soon? Soon enough?

This drabble was so so so beautiful. Okay let me reveal a secret here. I had always wanted to write something combining colors with SwaRon. Its been a long standing wish now and reading this piece felt like it almost got completed. And I am so glad it happened through you. 🤗

It so felt like I was transported to 2011 there were instances playing in my head as I read every line. This was short but was so effective.

Swayam brought out the best and unexpected of sharon from such deep cores that even she was left stunned. As the drabble says she was so involved in searching and settling for greys that when she actually saw the beauty of rainbow she refused to believe on it.

I loved this one you know that by now :P

Chitra :)
Edited by ..MiStLeToE.. - 8 years ago
zaara.fkm thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
One of the initial reasons I got so attached to D3, was my relatability with Sharon's complexities and in your terms "greyness", as well as dance. That connection was the foundation to my love for Sharon, Swayam, Swaron, Vrushan and everything else related to D3. This drabble may be short, but its words and memories attached to it will definitely last a long time in my mind.
Thank you once again for the amazing writing. Do keep writing more and in diverse forms such as ss, ff, os, drabbles, etc on swaron/vrushan.
Wandering_mind thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail + 2
Reserved :)
*Unreserve*

This was like a walk down the memory lane. Although it was Sharon's denial behind that long wait to see them as a couple, I think it added an undefinable charm to her character.Its not an easy task to not give in to your heart when someone affects you to that extent that you nearly turn a stranger to yourself and a more familiar person to that someone .When you involuntarily start believing that someone more than yourself.And Swayam was that someone for Sharon. Yet she chose to love the barriers between them more than him.Her strong headed personality and tough exterior and most importantly the denial is what must have made Swayam realize that she is someone really special. That she is one of a kind and that she needs to be loved just right to change the grey to something more colourful.
And thus we got to see that ideal lover boy in him.

You penned it so beautifully..everything I wrote above is a mere thought I had after reading your piece. Swayam has always been adored for the passionate lover he was, but after reading this I feel ,its Sharon whose made him the way he his.
I am in love with Sharon once again after reading this!..

Beautiful !!❤️

P.S. How do u come with such unusual yet perfect titles?? 👏

Love,
Shreya
Edited by Spark.Shreya - 8 years ago
Rockingbhardwaj thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
Short but lovely ..

Sharon is very complex..i.e.grey...

Nd our swayam is colourful..
Sharon loves it but won't accept...
Loved it
Thanks
skywalker. thumbnail
Short, yet very effective :)
A Sharon in denial is fun to read 😆. Great job
Don't stop writing. 😛
prachi_vrushan thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 3 Thumbnail
awesome drabbler
you reminded so many memories of swaron
d intial phase
loved it
.nerfherder thumbnail

Originally posted by: Spark.Shreya

Reserved :)

*Unreserve*

This was like a walk down the memory lane. Although it was Sharon's denial behind that long wait to see them as a couple, I think it added an undefinable charm to her character.Its not an easy task to not give in to your heart when someone affects you to that extent that you nearly turn a stranger to yourself and a more familiar person to that someone .When you involuntarily start believing that someone more than yourself.And Swayam was that someone for Sharon. Yet she chose to love the barriers between them more than him.Her strong headed personality and tough exterior and most importantly the denial is what must have made Swayam realize that she is someone really special. That she is one of a kind and that she needs to be loved just right to change the grey to something more colourful.
And thus we got to see that ideal lover boy in him.

You penned it so beautifully..everything I wrote above is a mere thought I had after reading your piece. Swayam has always been adored for the passionate lover he was, but after reading this I feel ,its Sharon whose made him the way he his.
I am in love with Sharon once again after reading this!..

Beautiful !!❤️

P.S. How do u come with such unusual yet perfect titles?? 👏

Love,
Shreya

@Bold- You nailed it Shreya. I do believe it was because of Sharon that we know Swayam as he is; a loverboy.

Thank you so much for the lovely review. 🤗 It gladdens me to know that a work of mine can trigger a train of thought for you. :P

Regarding your P.S., I don't know. 😆 But thank you. :)