Swaron OS- Loving the distance

Wandering_mind thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 8 years ago
Loving the distance..

She stood by the window letting the chilly wind shiver her spine. It was a full moon night and she kept looking at it wondering was it really miles away from her.Though desolate and distant, the moon seems like a mere shift of the eye away, illuminating the night with its own light. Everyone says its far beyond reach but then why does it feel closer?.. Closer than him?

She wraps her arms around herself as she realizes the warmth she's longing for is in another country,working relentlessly in a world of clients,presentations and monotony. She plays with the loose strands of her hair and traces her fingers across her face trying to imitate him,but when even this fails to fulfil her longing,she simply sighs.

"Long distance relationships can never last!",was what she had always heard. She smiled at how she had actually tried to find out reasons that would lead to their breakup before even being in a relationship!Surprisingly she had ended up finding the reasons that would always keep them together. Well, when newly in love, the world does seem to be a paradise and so being the love sick puppy we cannot see anything beyond the beauty,the mere feeling of being in love brings along with it. We want to close our eyes to all the harsh realities ,the compromises and the pain that comes along with it too.And so Sharon too had just given in to her heart and had let him take her to the world where only both of them existed.

They had had their share of perfect dates ,the silent talks,the soft,warm kisses, the long midnight walks where the moon had witnessed their divine love, the baseless fights leading to an awakening of passionate desires in them, the times when only eyes did the talking, it was all so perfect,it felt like those two months they were living in a universe which just belonged to them,until that day when it was time for him to leave.

It seemed like her dream world was coming to a standstill.She always knew this,he had told her that he would have to be away from her the same day he had proposed to her.And she had done a good reasoning ,before accepting his proposal.Then why does it hurt now?..Why does it feel like a betrayal altogether?..Why does she feel the fear of losing him now when that thought never crossed her mind earlier?.

She felt angry,helpless,lonely,hurt,desperate all at the same time as she stood motionless at the airport along with him. No words uttered,yet a lot of things felt.

"He really loves you Sharon", her mind voiced. Yes she knew that too,it was like an unchangeable truth now,perhaps thats why it hurt so much more. Unstoppable tears streamed down her cheeks as he pulled her close to him to feel her one last time before they would be drawn apart. He traced his finger on her tear stained face and when the thought of the unbearable distance crept up, they couldn't act sane anymore. Next moment he crashed his lips on hers ,pulling her into the longest kiss they ever shared. It had to be wild ,wild enough to satisfy their burning desires, the unimaginable yearning they would have to go through for the next six months. Their lips moved in perfect sync and both fought for dominance.It seemed like their souls would die the moment they would break apart. Both were in need of oxygen but neither of them wished to break the kiss.

Their eyes were wet as they finally broke apart after what seemed like ages. Sharon hid herself deep into his chest,snuggling as close as she could. He hugged her back with equal fervor.They stood like that for a few minutes when the call for passengers travelling to London was made. Reluctantly they moved away and Swayam handed her the last rose he bought for her before making a move. The rose was a symbol of their love.Swayam had known how much Sharon loved roses and so every single day of their two month old relationship he had gifted her a rose.Whether they met or not,the rose always reached Sharon. It made her feel more than special. The rose was a promise ,a promise of a forever which he had made to her.

For Sharon,life seemed to have taken a drastic turn after Swayam had left. There was an unendurable loneliness she felt. Amidst the video calls, emails, heated up arguments,unending fights,frustrations,imaginary dates and hallucination,endless crying ,tiredness and yearning for each other ,time was passing. It had been five months now since Swayam had left and she still had to cut through the next thirty days to heal her wounded heart.

Suddenly she hears the doorbell. Who could it be at this hour of the night? She wonders as she proceeds to open the door. On opening , she finds a bunch of red roses at her doorstep with a note inside it. Her heart begins to pound heavily anticipating what was possibly coming her way. Her hands shiver as she picks up the note .

"The wait was too long. One rose wouldn't have been enough ".

She gasps and almost instantly hot tears trail down her cheeks. In a jiffy, she runs down the stairs towards the reason of her existence. She knows he must be waiting for her at their usual place,the lakeside where he had for the first time expressed his feelings for her.

In a split of a second,everything changed.The suffering was long forgotten and she could feel nothing more than the urge to run into his arms. In that single moment she realized that what they felt for each other was stronger than any barrier that would be put between them.Despite their own faults and imperfections his mere presence was enough to make her feel alive all over again.

Did the distance between them make her realize that they were meant to be no matter what? Was it the distance that is making her fall in love with him all over again right now?

She smiled to herself.

Yes,she had started loving the distance .
Edited by Spark.Shreya - 8 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

A.Green thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Well frankly speaking till now I thought long distance doesn't work but today I know that it does work!

If you have the right guy ,who does the right things at the right time and a bit of hope that no matter what one day everything will be the same is something amazing!

Your description of her feelings and confusion was amazing!

Totally adored it..👏❤️
mythreyii thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Shreyaa
This is jus beautiful. Seriously how do u write so well.
The whole os was jus beautiful.. The words that portrayed all emotions perfectly.
It was reaaly beautiful.
She played with her hairs and traces her face with fingers imitating him..
Words that you used at describing emotions sat perfectly.
The end jus stole the show. She started loving the distance
Great job. Perfect writers end.
But if u can do write a part2 on their meet after the distance.
If u can it would be great..
Amazing job
aneesha93 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
This was simply awesome, Shreya. All the emotions, love and longing - very well penned:)
Thanks for the pm
Wandering_mind thumbnail

Originally posted by: Aayu27

Well frankly speaking till now I thought long distance doesn't work but today I know that it does work!

If you have the right guy ,who does the right things at the right time and a bit of hope that no matter what one day everything will be the same is something amazing!

Your description of her feelings and confusion was amazing!

Totally adored it..👏❤️

Thankyou so much!..Well frankly this is just my vision,a thought ,even I don't know whether a long distance relationship is a good idea,but I feel falling in love doesn't have anything to do with it. If your feelings are true,they'd last no matter whether your love is close to you or not.And Swaron totally give you that faith so I chose to write this on one of the most ideal couples I could think of.
I am so glad you liked it. :)
Wandering_mind thumbnail

Originally posted by: mythreyii

Shreyaa

This is jus beautiful. Seriously how do u write so well.
The whole os was jus beautiful.. The words that portrayed all emotions perfectly.
It was reaaly beautiful.
She played with her hairs and traces her face with fingers imitating him..
Words that you used at describing emotions sat perfectly.
The end jus stole the show. She started loving the distance
Great job. Perfect writers end.
But if u can do write a part2 on their meet after the distance.
If u can it would be great..
Amazing job

Mythreyii!!! Your comments truly flatter me. I am so happy you liked it. For the part in bold , those are my favorite parts too.
Actually I am totally busy in college fests right now. So part 2 would take time really,but then if I get more demands for it I'll surely try to write that too .
Thanks again!. Your comments boost me up always:)
Wandering_mind thumbnail

Originally posted by: aneesha93

This was simply awesome, Shreya. All the emotions, love and longing - very well penned:)

Thanks for the pm

Thankyou so much Aneesha!!! :)
Wandering_mind thumbnail

Thank you!!😊
prachi_vrushan thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 3 Thumbnail
wow this was beautifully written
every emotion u penned very beautifully
awesome os
loved it
thanx for d pm
SalmanShahidSm thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
BEAUTIFUULLL...!!!
I loved it ❤️
An amazingg writer you are!
Your choice of words... Jaise apne likha... Everythingg..Awesome...
Last line ⭐️
Can u continue this.. SwaRon meet..

Plz pm me... :)