Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

LoveHopeMagic thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 7 years ago

I will come back after reading all those parts I have skipped, Yes, you heard me, I had skipped a few in between, but after reading this part, I need/want to read those. :P

I will be back soon !ðŸĪŠ
Edited by Keechu. - 7 years ago
Wandering_mind thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail + 2
Update this nowww plzzz. It's been way too long Nishi :(
.nerfherder thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 3 Thumbnail
I don't know if anyone still follows this story. But i'll be updating today. :3
.nerfherder thumbnail
C h a p t e r N i n e : Since I've Been Loving You

Swayam had been through a lot in his life. He had experienced joy, love, anger, fear, frustration, utter helplessness, heartbreak and a whole array of emotions, which honestly, every other human being has been through at some point in their life. He had his own share of faults, screw ups and attempts to redeem himself. This was his life, his regular, at times crappy life.

But that had been before Sharon.

Sharon, an old acquaintance, a new partner, an incredibly important part of his life now. From the time she had re-entered his life, it had been one wild ride. Getting attracted to her, falling in love with her, comforting her, unknowingly betraying her, getting (almost) married to Nisha, (almost) losing Sharon, (almost) losing his true nature; the true Swayam.

He would call it a close shave to be honest -

"He would, wouldn't he?"

Swayam jumped in his chair, startled and turned around sheepishly, his face akin a deer caught in headlights. There, standing with an amused smile on her face was Sharon. Oh crap.

"Well, I never knew you had such an interest in writing, Rapunzel, or should I call you Shakespeare now?"

"Oh, shut up." Swayam snapped as Sharon began laughing.

As usual, she paid no heed and continued laughing. After reaching the maximum state of aggravation, a small smile came up Swayam's face as he watched her. He wasn't a sap, dear lord no, but he couldn't deny that at that moment, Sharon was the most beautiful thing he had ever seen in his life. His heart expanded to no bounds as he stared at her, watching her cheeks turn pinker with every breath she took, watching that glint in her eyes, feeling the happiness radiate off her.

Of course he was not a sap.

Soon, the admiring phase disappeared and Swayam was annoyed again.

"Let me know when you are done with it." Swayam turned his back to her, furiously backspacing whatever he had written. He felt a weight on his shoulder and the hairs on his neck rose as she breathed into his ear, her hands circling around him from the back.

The chair rotated under the new weight.

"Don't be such a whiny baby, now. I was just playing with you."

"You hurt me, mon amour. Always playing with my feelings."

Sharon huffed and made to leave when Swayam grabbed her arm and pulled her on his lap, the chair spinning crazily at the movement.

Sharon breathed heavily as she held on to Swayam, her hands curled around his neck. A smirk adorned his face and his eyes sparkled with a hint of mischief. Sharon felt herself going weak in the knees as his gaze turned from one with mischief to one filled with love with a tinge of lust.

"I love you Sharon."

And none of the heartbreak, the sorrow and the helpness mattered at that moment.
And so, Sharon pressed her lips to his, drawing him into a long and passionate kiss with only one thought in her head.

I love you too Swayam.

--

"This is it. This is how I am going to die. I can feel my heart racing towards an end."

"Swayam-"

"I can feel my lungs giving out. I'll probably die first, you don't get to die if I die."

"Saurav-"

"No, it is okay. Sharon will still be ali-"

"Will you both sit and calm down?!"

Saurav and Swayam sat next to each other, petulant while Sharon glared at them. It was bad enough that Saurav was kicked out of the OR because he fainted instead of his wife, who was actually pushing out a human and now both brothers were panicking like two year olds. She had had no other choice but to give them a scolding. Sharon sighed. Honestly, she herself was incredibly nervous.

It was Swayam's child after all.

After moments of nail biting silence, the doctor came out of the OR, sweaty but with a dazzling smile on her face.

And then the cry filled their ears.

Swayam and Saurav jumped off their seats, all the panic, all the fear disappearing, replaced by euphoria.

"Congratulations! It's a boy."

Sharon heaved a huge sigh of relief. The delivery had happened a few days later than expected but thankfully they were alright.

"Can- can we go in? See them?"

"In five minutes, Mr.Shekawat."

Nisha couldn't control her tears. Her son was in her arms and they were surrounded by people who loved them.

"Nisha? Can I hold him?"

"He is your son too, Swayam."

Swayam had read about how having a baby changed your world but as he held his son in his arms, he experienced it. He was now responsible for a human being, for this tiny little boy who was currently cooing at him. He felt his heart melt for the kid and in him rose a fire, an urge to protect this child at any costs. Tears filled his eyes and he looked at Sharon, who smiled encouragingly at him. She had tears of her own, which she was trying hard not to shed.

"Kiddo is so lucky." Saurav whispered as he held Nisha "He has got not two, but four parents."

"That he has indeed." Sharon whispered.

Swayam smiled and looked down at his son. He nuzzled his nose against the soft baby skin and chuckled, his heart skipping a beat as the tiny hand came to rest on his cheek.

"Looks like you are going to get spoilt rotten, Rishabh Shekawat."

--

"We have come a long way, haven't we?" Sharon whispered into his shoulder as they sat in the balcony. The last time they were in this position was when Sharon had come to visit Swayam whom she had found on the balcony ledge.

Swayam remembered it very vividly. That feeling of utter helplessness would never leave him even if he wished to forget. He remembered how badly he had wanted to tell her how much he loved her, he remembered how he couldn't tell her.

"I was head over heels for you back then." he whispered.

"Me too." she said, wrapping her arms tighter around him.

"I wanted to tell you so badly. But Nisha, the baby-"

"Hush." Sharon interrupted him "That day's gone, that phase's gone. It is over now. We have each other, we have Rishabh. Nisha has Saurav. It is all good now. Even the air feels different now."

Swayam took a deep breath, breathing in the 'new' air, a smile playing across his face.

"That is true. I do have you now, sweetplum."

"You might not if you continue calling me sweetplum."

"Okay, okay. Sweetplum."

Sharon gave an exasperated sigh as Swayam began to chuckle. Sometimes this guy had the maturity of a seven year old. But then atleast, he was laughing.

The cloud cover passed by above them, bringing out the sun. The sunlight glinted off the diamond ring on her left hand, testimony of the fact that one day, she would marry this unpredictably wonderful guy. This long-haired, pesky man. This man who filled the void her sister had left. This man who made her Sharon again.

"I love you Rapunzel."

"And I love you, sweetplum."

Edited by .nerfherder - 7 years ago
angelofthelord. thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
H i G u y s.

First of all, I am incredibly sorry for being so late. Trust me, college life has been hella hectic. Not so much as to not give me anytime to write, but hectic enough to not give me ideas.

But I finally found the inspiration and time so here it is. The final update of the SS.

Now, this SS is very special to me. One, because I personally love the story and am satisifed with myself for seeing through it.

Two, I finished it.

Thank you to each and every person who stuck by me throughout the whole thing, tolerated my tardiness and bore all the angst. 😆

Seriously, thanks a TON! Much love to you all.

I sign off here.

Hope to see you all with another story soon.

Cheers
Nishi xxx
Edited by angelofthelord. - 7 years ago
.nerfherder thumbnail
Chapter up!
I hope I could do justice to this story with this end. Cheers.
Wandering_mind thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail + 2
Hadn't expected this coming today.. Thanks for putting up with my constant pestering and moreover coming up with the chapter today .( This date is special for me and you added on to it by giving the last part:D)
Until now, I was waiting badly for the last part, but now that it is put up, I have a little sinking feeling as well, because this incredible piece of work comes to an end :(

Swayam and Sharon were two adorable souls caught in the conspiracy of fate but the way they have emerged out of this misery is what makes their story look so real and heartwarming at the same time. Their struggles and the pain they went through in the course of finding temporary solace with each other, not being fine with the fact that this period of togetherness is (thankfully it wasn't) ephemeral made me experience a wave of emotions and I could see them beyond just characters of a story. Kudos to you for that.

This part gave a blissful feeling cuz their happiness on fighting against all odds to finally be together could be felt deeply. They were probably just sitting together, holding hands enjoying the silence and warmth of that moment for which they had struggled so hard, but to a reader who has been with them throughout these ups and downs can experience the bliss inspite of knowing that this is only a work of fiction . (Like I said they are not just characters anymore <3 )

Congratulations for creating something so beautiful and splendid! I thoroughly enjoyed reading it!

Would love to read more from you!.. Never give up on writing cuz you are an amazing writer!

P. S. Sweet plum will always remind me of you now :P ( it's genuinely a cute name <3)

Much love,
Shreya
Edited by Spark.Shreya - 7 years ago
.Vrushanholic. thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
This story is truly amazing. I'm glad you finished it too. :)
You're a brilliant writer Nishu and I hope to read more works from you.

srinidhi94 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
This is an awesome update...
And getting an update after so long makes it a lot more...
But worth the wait...
I am very happy for Rishabh
_shona_PMs thumbnail
Networker 2 Thumbnail
Firstly, Congratulations you actually completed the story. Like what are the odds if getting an end in your short stories 😛
Next, I loved the scene where Swayam holds his son for the first time! It reminded me of Ross and Ben!

I was quite skeptical about its end and I just so wanted SwaRon together in the end but you managed to give us a break from your angst cells.

This SS had been great and yes you have handled everything in the best way here. The way you have pulled this one off is commendable. âĪïļ

Iam just really glad that Swayam and Sharon are together.

Now I am not well and my head is going in circles 😛 so I will take your leave.

-Chitra