"Sure Nisha, will do. Take care alright? Good night."

"I'll drop you- Sharon?"

"..No, It's fine. I'll go by myself. Bye."

"Bye."

"Swayam? You love her don't you?"

"What?"

"You love her."

--

When Swayam had thought of marriage, he had no idea he'd end up having such a mess in his hands. And it frustrated him to no ends. He hated feeling so helpless, so lost. And Sharon, she was so brave in all of this, trying to support him, trying to make him feel happy. He could see that whatever was happening in their lives troubled her. He could understand that it was because somewhere she felt for him, like he did for her.

"You love her don't you?"

If it were not love, then what was it?

--

JUNE 2015 (5 MONTHS AGO) INDIA

"You're not that bad, bookworm. Very less stuck up than what I had thought you to be."

"Hardy har har. You are hardly the person to call me stuck up, nerfherder."

"Stop it with your Star Wars references already."

"How'd you know I'm referencing Star Wars if you haven't seen it?"

"Because" Swayam leaned towards Sharon, his face very close to Sharon's. Sharon inhaled deeply, looking into his chocolate-y eyes. He was too close, her internal alarms blaring. It had been long time since she had been in such a proximity with a man which enhanced her reactions. As she stared at him, she realised he had resumed speaking "-you wouldn't shut up about it and it's driving me crazy."

Sharon gulped.

Swayam sat back in his chair, satisified with his work. His eyes glinted with amusement as he saw Sharon blink rapidly and slowly regain composure. Underneath all the growing up she had undergone, she was still the slightly naive, slightly innocent bookworm she was. Easily surprised but none the less good in a fight, which is why he received a forceful kick to his leg.

"Ow!"

Sharon burst out laughing and he couldn't help it, he laughed too.

--

DECEMBER 2015 (One Month Later)

Sharon stared at the TV, blatantly ignoring the movie running on it. She was too distracted and she didn't like it. She didn't like the fact that even he had changed, he, the back bencher, the huge pain in the ass. She understood why he was lost but that didn't mean she'd have to like it. She heaved a huge sigh. Everything had turned into such a huge mess and it wasn't going to clear up anytime soon. Neither would she admit her feelings, nor would he initiate anything. Why would he? He was getting married.

Damn it.

Sharon switched off the TV and walked to her showcase. She gazed at her sister's photo, framed in a delicate pattern of flowers. She picked it up and caressed the photo gently.

"What should I do sis? This love of mine is driving me crazy and I can't help it. He's not wrong, but that doesn't make things better for me, does it now? I wish for a change Ayesha, I need a change. This monotonous cycle of pain and desperation is driving me crazy. And I- I miss you."

PING!

Sharon, your tickets for the international conference has been booked. An email has been sent. It's a shame you didn't get to choose the place this time. Canada in December will be akin Antarctica. Don't forget to bring your winter wear!

--

DECEMBER 2015, (One month Later) MONTREAL, CANADA

"I've reached, Nisha. Yes, the hotel's fine. Yeah, we're going to go out now. Yes, yes. Take care, okay? Bye. "

SPLAT!

"Hey!"

Swayam spun around agitated and his eyes caught the sight of Sharon, her hands tied behind her back and a guilty grin adorning her face. He found himself tongue-tied. She looked adorable, there was no other word for it. All fluffy in the thick winter clothes with a delightful pink coloring her cheeks. And then he remembered the ice shards which had hit him. He frowned.

"Why'd you hit me?"

"You looked like you needed some good ol' cheering."

"This is how you cheer me up? You could've slapped me instead."

"That's rich coming from you, Rapunzel. You used to pull my hair to cheer me up."

"Well that used to work." Swayam shrugged.

"So does this. I might be wrong but I do think you're smiling." Sharon smirked and winked at him.

Swayam let out a soft sigh and gazed at Sharon softly. True, the short return to their banter had reduced the emotional stress a bit. You love her, don't you?

Looking at her smiling at him like that, an imaginary switch flipped inside Swayam. He wanted her, he needed her and he wasn't going to deny it now. He wasn't ever going to deny it. Screw everything. Possessed by this sudden train of thought, Swayam marched over the snow and grabbed Sharon and pulled her towards him, pressing his lips to hers.

Edited by .nerfherder - 8 years ago
angelofthelord. thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 8 years ago
H i Guys.

So, I'm back. 😎

With a crappy update but back none the less. Well, the story's gonna pick up more speed cuz I am planning to end it in two or three more updates. And these two idiots haven't even confessed yet, have they? 🀑

Do give in your feedback, it (though dwindling) is my only encouragement to type down all this.

Thank you.

Cheers
nerfherder

(Will be back with the next update soon!)
Edited by itsneverlupus. - 8 years ago
VReSH thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Hahaaa...As Gripping as your Writing is, it does take half of my Brain to actually have a grip on it from the beginning to now... Nevertheless I Love it... I love your way of Writing and Straight or Twisted- I Love the Flow, πŸ‘πŸΌ
.nerfherder thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: VReSHna

Hahaaa...As Gripping as your Writing is, it does take half of my Brain to actually have a grip on it from the beginning to now... Nevertheless I Love it... I love your way of Writing and Straight or Twisted- I Love the Flow, πŸ‘πŸΌ

I'm incredibly sorry. πŸ€” I ought to have given a recap seeing that I'm updating after 45 days or so. I'll make sure I do next time. :)

Thank you so much. <3
Wandering_mind thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail + 2
This update was short πŸ˜•, is what I thought before reading ( yeah I check the length of the updates first ☺️ :P )...but reaching the end the only thing that was going in my mind was "What just happened ??

I'm a little confused with the December happenings...Can u be a little more specific with the dates there? But other than that , I think this was brilliantly put up!. The turn of events happening is still a little vague,guess we'll have to wait for further updates,but nevertheless ,the vagueness adds charm to this story. There's a rare beauty SwaRon carry right now. They are a real mess ,both of them but that's what really attracts me to them. Amidst such sad and difficult situation, they retain their charisma ,be it with Swayam's sarcastic comments or Sharon's comeback. They are probably in the lets-act-like-everything-is-normal phase, reluctant to express their feelings ( I do give credit to the pathetic circumstances as well for this) but you can make out how much they are into each other.

Oh the ending! For once you decided to give us a moment to rejoice for!. I am glad Swayam would probably be initiating the confession ( Not sure cuz your thoughts are always twisted :P )
But for now, let them just enjoy the kiss :P

Update soonish:)

~Shreya <3
Edited by Spark.Shreya - 8 years ago
Rockingbhardwaj thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
Nice update..
But had to read it from the start again.
Yup when will they confess???
Thanks
.nerfherder thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 3 Thumbnail
NOTE:

OKAY, I'll be honest, I knew the December would get everyone confused. So here's the short timeline.

November 2015: Sharon and Swayam meet again at Swayam's home and the jumpscare happened.

December 2015: Sharon meets Swayam and Nisha one day (the starting of the chapter). Another day, she receives the notification about the conference.

And a few days later, Swayam and Sharon both are in Canada. (They work together, remember?)

I'm so sorry. I hate myself.
ShradhaP13 thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Nyc will wait for ur nxt update...
Dont make to wait for long
SHAhira-Swaron thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Swaron are going to work together hope they confess soon nisha has already realised swayam love only Sharon hope she finds another person soon thanks for your note for clearing a bit update soon this time please and pm me