.nerfherder thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 8 years ago

Thank you. :)
.nerfherder thumbnail

Originally posted by: pri98.arora

Wow... this ss is freakin beautiful. Its intriguing.

I loved all the chapters.
The way you play with your words is amazing.
Love the concept.

Update the next one soon :-)

Ps. I love the banners <3

Thank you so much! I'm glad you found it intriguing, that's a huge compliment. 😳

I love the banners too. <3
.nerfherder thumbnail

Originally posted by: highnessness.

Very Nice update. :)

Love your writing, update soon.

Thank you. :)

Updating now.
.nerfherder thumbnail
I N T E R L U D E

NOVEMBER 2015 (Present, 0 months ago)

Hi Sharon.

She stood there, flabbergasted. Hi Sharon? That was what he had to say, standing on that railing, scaring the crap out of her.

"I thought you welcomed your guest at the door. I guess the balcony works too." she tried to sound flippant, but failed, miserably. Swayam chuckled dryly. Of course, she thought bitterly, of course he understood her real intentions behind that statement.

He didn't budge though.

"Swayam" she approached him, breaching his self-made walls softly "get down, please."

"Scared, Sharon?"

"Yes."

He inhaled sharply as he heard her agree. Ah, screw it. He carefully got down the railing and walked towards her, raking her form with his eyes. It had been three months since he last saw her, four since they actually talked. She had left India a few weeks after their meet at her home, after their heartfelt revelations. After everything.

"I heard about your engagement, congratulations."

Anger coursed through him. He didn't want her congratulations, he didn't need him. What he needed was an explanation as to why his closest friend had abandoned him when he needed her the most. He set his jaw and moved closer his face leaning into hers, his eyes burning. His gaze wandered over her face, as he contemplated on what to say.

"When- when's the marriage?"

He clenched his fists. Somehow, it disturbed him to hear her talking about his marriage. Which was uncalled for, considering he didn't share such a relationship with her.

"Someday, we haven't decided yet." he said impassively. "But of course, before the baby."

"Yes, of course." She paused "It's good to see you Swayam, although I didn't quite enjoy the jump scare, pun intended." She looked into his eyes, with a small smile.

He sighed, his shoulders loosing some of the tension. There was no point being angry at her, she had only done what she had thought was best for him. Swayam wasn't necessarily pleased by it but that didn't mean he had the right to rage at her. Not after whatever transpired between them that night.

"Do you regret it?"

His voice was uncharacteristically small and his eyes downcast as he asked her the question which had bugged him, before and after she left.

"Huh?"

"You know what I mean." he said, shifting uneasily. The transition from a confident and emotionally strong man to an apprehensive, fidgeting boy was unreal and it touched Sharon; that the incident had been as important for him as it had for her.

"Yes" she sighed "I know what you mean. And no, Swayam, I don't regret it, at all." She gave him a small smile as he looked up and placed her hands on either side of his face, looking into his eyes.

"We both were extremely vulnerable that day, we both needed a release, someone to share the agony with, someone to comfort, heal. We helped each other, we did what friends do; lean on each other."

"Except it got too literal."

Sharon laughed. Trust him to ruin an emotional conversation. "It did, and I don't regret it, neither do I take it lightly."

"No." he whispered and brought his hand to her face, running the back of it across her soft cheek. He was drawn to her, he couldn't deny that. For some reason, she had become irresistible to him. He understood it was some form of attraction but he couldn't analyse his feelings. They were way beyond his scope, way different than what he had experienced. He had been in love, with Nisha; he had experienced heartbreak, when she left him for his cousin; he had experienced a rebound, when he found himself pining for Nisha after everything. But this, this jumble of emotions he felt for Sharon were alien to him and they swelled inside him with every thought he spared to her. He sighed, she was goin-

"How's the baby doing?"

Startled by the sudden change in topic, he looked at her as he let go of his face.

"The baby's doing fine. It's a good kicker though, keeps mommy up all night." he chuckled slightly and saw her shift awkwardly. Oh great.

"I'm happy for you, Swayam."

He wasn't.

Edited by .nerfherder - 8 years ago
angelofthelord. thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
A/N:

Good to see you again, lovely people. πŸ€—

Well as you can see, this update isn't a 'chapter', it's an interlude to the story, to keep you guys connected to the present and to also amp up the suspense quotient. πŸ˜†

So yeah, here's hoping I did a decent job at the suspense part.

Some of you might be going: what the hell is happening? what the hell is wrong with the writer? what on earth is this?

To those, I say, calm down. 🀑 All answers will be answered in the 'second'/ after-interlude phase of the SS.

ALSO,

the update frequency will lessen from now, since I have many exams craving for my attention. But I will update and I will finish this SS. 🐷

Thank you for listening to me, and for reading.

Hope you like the chapter.

Cheers.
nerfherder
Edited by itsneverlupus. - 8 years ago
prachi_vrushan thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 3 Thumbnail
awesome update
wht was that?? this is really a suspense
is sharon pregnant?? wht they did??
n if sheis pregnant is it swayam's baby??
arghhh so many questions update soon
ShradhaP13 thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Nice one
And best of luck for ur exams...😊
Wandering_mind thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail + 2
Nishi what was that??
I mean I know with you its always expect the unexpected but this was way beyond that!..

I thought they are gonna be all awkward and try and avoid each other after that night but after reading this I don't understand what's happening! Swayam's getting married??😲 And I don't even know after this if I should try guessing but still I feel its Nisha because she's umm pregnant! Noo please...He can't get married to that girl who cheated him just for the sake of the baby..And if not Nisha ,the thought of any other girl other than Sharon also doesn't go down well with me.. And how the hell is Sharon acting so casual??..

Girl you've blown me away,like literally. You are one of the most articulate writers I've come across and surely my favorite now.So many things seem inexplicable and enigmatic ,yet coherent and clear . (I wonder if I'm making sense to you but if not forgive me for my inability to appreciate your writing with the right words ☺️ )

You really need to update it soon coz I'm so hooked to this, I feel like asking you to update the whole thing right away :(...Crazy demands I know πŸ₯±

A work beyond perfection! Worth an applaud πŸ‘ πŸ‘.Totally ❀️ it.

All the best for exams..I hope they get over soon :P

Love,
Shreya
Edited by Spark.Shreya - 8 years ago
sneharay thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4
Nice update..quite confusing..waiting for next update.. 😊
Rockingbhardwaj thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
I am confused...