QueenofGreen thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 8 years ago

Seven | A SwaRon SS

Summary

They were always destined for great things. In seven lifetimes, Swayum and Sharon have lived in very disparate circumstances - but in every lifetime, they have found each other without fail. But love doesn't always have happy endings.

Through the good, and the bad - let us navigate through the lives of soulmates who have loved beyond one lifetime.

I

The palace is glittering with lights. Tall diamond chandeliers sparkle overhead, glinting across crystalline ice sculptures and lighting the ballroom with brilliance. Ivory roses are draped elegantly around pure marble banisters, silks cascading from the walls.

As royals, political elites from every kingdom far and wide, arrive for the grand event, a certain young man stands bored and unamused by the celebration.

The engagement ball is spectacular, to say the least. The alliance will bring peace to their kingdoms, will end years of rivalry and bloodshed between the warring royal families.

The thought brings little comfort to tall, dashing Prince Swayum who feels nothing but a martyr in the entire scheme. He is sure his bride feels no less. They are mere pawns in this fierce game of power and politics and he only accepts his father's decision because it will save the people of their nation.

His sacrifice is a small one.

As per custom, he has yet to meet his future wife. She is the heir to her throne, and their marriage will secure the unity of both their empires. It is enough incentive to marry her, his father encourages.

But Swayum remains unimpressed.

He assumes she is well-read, and his mother claims her beauty is unmatched, but Swayum scoffs. He doesn't care. What use is a pretty wife? No, Prince Swayum does not want a sweet, submissive trophy wife - he wants a fighter. A woman, who will challenge him, will engage in the daily push and pull with spirit and yet, will still understand when to hold him close for comfort.

Prince Swayum wants a friend. Not this stranger.

With a heavy heart, he dreads the arrival of the Princess - or rather, the beginning of his end.

Sooner than later, the royal guards announce her arrival and the masses quickly quiet down to welcome the bride with respect.

When Princess Sharon finally descends - a stunned silence falls upon the room.

Usually sceptical, Prince Swayum feels his jaw slacken as he finally sees his betrothed.

Wearing the royal colours of her kingdom - rich, resplendent emerald green and glittering gold, Princess Sharon is exquisite. Tall, and slim, her willowy figure moves with the grace of a dancer, but her rigid shoulders and unfaltering, determined gaze betray her stance.

She, too is unhappy with the alliance. No doubt, it is a decision forced upon her.

For a moment, he feels sorry for her. He knows how she feels, and he thinks, that perhaps this feeling may bond them.

As she draws nearer, he observes her delicate, yet aristocratic features. High, defined cheek-bones and long, royal nose, he notes. However, her eyes are the most striking - her mother's part Persian heritage shines through Sharon's unique, dark olive eyes, with a hint of gold.

She wears diamonds in her long dark hair, and her skin is soft and smooth, he decides as he takes her hand in his.

Her head is high in defiance, glittering green-gold eyes burning with rage as he slips the stunning diamond onto her ring finger. Applause and cheers echo throughout the ball room

Without much ado, their parents usher the newly engaged couple to take to the dance floor. Swayum offers her, his arm. She takes it graciously, and he spins her across the room.

As they waltz to the soft, timeless music of the live orchestra, Swayum leans in and finally breathes into the dark silk of her hair, "You are beautiful Princess. Far more beautiful, than I could have ever imagined."

Her grip tightens on his hand. "If you expect to woo me with a few pretty words, you are sorely mistaken Prince Swayum."

Her words are as sharp as the blade of his sword, he muses - very much entertained by the prospect of banter.

"I expect nothing," he replies, with good-natured humour, but her expression darkens.

Perhaps, she takes his tone for mockery. In any case, her fury builds and he only finds her even more attractive.

"And yet you do," Sharon points out sharply, "I can see it in the way you look at me - like I am prize to be won at a fair."

"I assure you, Princess, you are much more than a prize." Prince Swayum offers more gently now, smiling tenderly at his fiancee.

"Is that so?" She questions with a raised eyebrow, quietly challenging him.

"I would never let a prize speak to me the way you are." He answers with cheek, and is pleased to see her cheeks flush with colour at his suggestive tone.

As the music slowly begins to fade away, they arrive at an interlude. Both wary and watchful of the other's intentions. Still in his strong arms, Sharon crosses the bridge first, leaning into him slightly.

"Treat me like a Queen and I'll treat you like my King," her sweet, innocent smile curves into a dangerous smirk. Green eyes narrow, as she sneers, "treat me like a game and I'll show you how it's played."

Stunned, by her sudden proximity, the intensity of her words, his breath catches in his throat. For the first time in his life, he is left dumbfounded by a woman.

"Noted," he manages coolly, as she leans away - perfect and poised, with her serene smile in place.

As they part, her fingers linger against his. Her ring catches the light and sparkles brightly - a reminder of the bond they have forged.

Their eyes meet and just like that - they both know. She slips away and he lets her go. He knows she'll be back.

Amused, he stares after his new fiancee as she cleverly weaves her way through the crowd, and disappears into the garden. From a deserted balcony, he watches as she feeds smuggled bread rolls and warm pastries from the party, to a group of young, bedraggled children.

He smiles.

She's not just any woman.

And suddenly, spending an entire lifetime with her doesn't seem like much of a sacrifice at all.

Edited by Propinquity. - 8 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

swaronaaliya thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Hey amazing concept do continue.add me to your buddy list. ⭐️
prajana thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Seems amazing!!
Update soon
And plz also update your older stories😊
--Ana-- thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Paridhi?!
New story!!
The first thing that killed me today was your VM!
And now this!!
I'm clapping my hands like a 3 yr old in excitement!!
*facepalm*
Prince swayam and princess Sharon is love *_*
Update sooonnn!
Love Ana ❤️

PS: update your VruShan series too... Pretty please! ^_^
mythreyii thumbnail
Hey paridhi
Tat was a great piece of work
Prince Swayum and princess sharon in live wow it was jus owsm
Plss update vrushan series
rutu_vs thumbnail
Woww this was...
You took us readers back to a different era altogether!
Really looking forward to the other 6 stories! u r so innovative hats off to u😊
Pls update soon!
Keep rocking! God Bless😊
vrushan_deeksha thumbnail
nice concept

do continue soon
VReSH thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Update Update...we want Update :)
Such an amazing Concept it is...u gotta continue it n Update it asap :)
Ur Works are always like a fresh breath of air...
Looking forward to more of ur Magical Works👍🏼
LoveHopeMagic thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 5

Hi Paridhi :)

How could i miss this?
That was the first thought came to my mind when i saw this in the forum.

I'm not so fond of historical fictions though i enjoyed reading it. I loved the start, that was lovely. Swayam was like a typical guy who has responsibilities towards his family, here its towards his kingdom. And so he is scarifying, and i loved his character that he needs a friend rather than a wife, he needs a fighter rather than a weak submissive girl; I loved that. 👏 That was a perfect characterization.

Even Sharon was good, she is the same our feisty Sharon, i'm not judging your characters just after the prologue i know there will be many more to come. And i'm really excited to know how you are going to reveal this story more.

Some of your lines were perfect, especially Sharon's.👏

This is going to be a tough game, and i want to know how swayam and Sharon will survive in that.

And this is an amazing concept. I loved your title" Seven" As in seven life times.

I'm hooked. Please update soon.

Keechu.
Edited by --Keechu-- - 8 years ago