SwaRon OS - Dancing In Darkness.

--Ecstasy-- thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 9 years ago
Dancing In Darkness
_________

She stood there, scrunching her feet in sand beneath her feet. She could see nothing beyond darkness, in moonless night, an uneasy chill sending down her spine making her shiver. She wrapped her arms around her, rubbing her palms to send some body heat to keep her warm. She could hear distant voice of running water, maybe there was waterfall at few feet distance from her, she thought. She could hear crickets cricketing, owl hooting somewhere above her head but she couldn't locate it in this pitch black darkness, there were big tall trees and bushes around her. It didn't take a minute to realize she was in forest. But how did she reach there? She had no idea.

She walked a little farther stumbling, a fear creeping inside her. She was oblivious of her whereabouts.

Another step and she tripped falling off the cliff, but before that happens a strong force had kept her gripped not letting her fall. In reflex she had her eyes closed.

"Careful, Sharon..."

A thick voice whispered softly upon the breeze, she turned looking towards the direction of a voice, there a man stood holding her tightly in her place; she glanced at him, noting his features. He was tall, Long hairs, strong jaws, with a deep set of eyes, his face was radiating comfort. She looked at him; she thought, she know him, but couldn't recognise it. There was silence, no one said a word. They both kept staring for a moment longer.

"What do you think you were doing? If you had taken one step you would have been dead." He said finally, breaking the silence.

She swallowed hard "Thank you", murmured to him, looking at their tangled hands a tiny smile formed but she hided before he can see. Clearing her throat, she asked, "Who are you?"

"Find out you, Sharon" He looked disappointed with her question.

His answer made her more confused, what he meant? He looked strangely familiar, that face, and he reminded her of something, someone, but she couldn't remember whom. "How do you know my name?" "Which place is this? "Where I am? ..."

"Whoa! Calm down siren you ask too many questions?" "I'll tell you everything, when the right time will come." He turned on his heals to walk.

She walked matching his steps, his hands brushed against her; he curled his fingers against hers, guiding her way. She looked up, staring in his eyes for few seconds before pulling off; he gave her a reassuring smile.

"Can you walk little faster, we don't have much time"
"What do you mean?" "Where are we going?" She frowned at him.

"You speak too much" "Stubborn" she muttered under her breathe. "Heard you" rolling her eyes at him, she followed him.

They walked in silence. She was here with a man, whom she thought was a stranger, she should have been scared, but something about him made her feel comfortable.

She was lost in her thoughts about this man, when his voice brought her back.

"Dance...?" "What?"
"Can I have a dance with you?"

She looked at him puzzled, was he serious? "Dance? Here?" He nodded "without music, in this forest? Are you serious?"

He leaned in tucking a strand of her hairs behind her ears. "Turn around Sharon" he whispered in her ears. She thought, she might faint in this proximity.

She turns around and gasps, seeing the sight in front of her. She was at waterfall, fireflies making the place glow in this darkness, there was flowers all around, the heavy scent of flowers and a sound of violin coming from somewhere distant place. It looked all dreamy to her. As if she was in some dream land.

She looked at him dazedly. Asking him what is all this. But no words came out of her mouth.

He understood her silence, and nodded at her, "come on, we don't have much time." She looked at sight in front of her, and then back at him, this man who was a complete stranger and doesn't look like a clich, was asking her one dance. She smiled "I guess I've a time for this dance at least." With this she gave her hands in his.
Taking one hand and wrapping his other around her waist he pulls her closer to him, staring at each other. His touch was warm and familiar, and she felt secure in his arms as if she was meant to be there. They were dancing in darkness, surrounded by fireflies making the place glow on a faint sound of violin playing somewhere, which couldn't fathom where. He twirled her once and she landed softly back in his arms. They were dancing as if they have danced continuously for ages. She was surprised with the ease they were dancing. When he brought her more close to him, she could smell a hint of his lavender soap mixed with his sweat. He smelt familiar, she thought.

"Do you trust me?" He gazed intently in her eyes, his eyes, darker than what she had seen the first time. She looked at him blankly not knowing what say or do. She knew she trusts him. When she had looked in his eyes, she could see trust.

Sharon looked up at him, her heart beating so loudly she was sure he could hear it. He leaned in carefully keeping his mouth firm on her, before moving on it. His lips were soft on hers. The kiss was sweet and subtle. She kissed him back. His hands wrapped around her pulling her more close to him before deepening the kiss.

"Always remember, Sharon... I will always be there to guide you when you will lose your path... I will hold you back when you will be about to fall... i will be there to protect you when you will be in trouble."

A lone tear escape her eyes, she had never felt this content being close to anyone or maybe she had, but she couldn't remember it.

"It's time for you to leave, Sharon." He said quietly, his expression unreadable.

"Leave? Why? This place is so beautiful, I can spend my whole life here" ... With you a soft voice back of her mind said. She wanted to be with him, she felt perfect with him in this deep dark forest.

He looked at her amused, ghost of smile hovering on his lips, shaking his head slightly "you are big dreamer Sharon" He was right; she was big time dreamer from her childhood.

"I don't want to go."

"You have to."

"But, I dont remember how I reached here?"
He looked in her eyes, smiling softly at her.

He kissed her again, this time soft and slow. She tugged on him, not want to be separated. She wanted to savour this moment for as long as she could. As he kissed her "Swayam" the name fell from her mouth. She looked at him, wide eyed. How could she not recognise him before?

"It's a dream Sharon. You are in your dream world."

With this he faded away, in the darkness.

Sharon, she had been crying in her sleep, she jerked up, sweating badly, looking around when she realized she was in her house on her bed. Now she could understand who he was, and where she was, she was in her dreams with... Swayam Shekhawat. The only name she dare takes, the only guy who she hates in front of everyone but silently admires. Her Dream, The only place, where they can be together, because in reality she knew, she can never be with him.

...The end...

Edited by --Ecstasy-- - 9 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

--Ecstasy-- thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
NOTE- This is One-Shot is dedicated to my facebook friend and my sweet kiddo Parool. It's her birthday today. Happy Birthday girl. !

I hope you all like it, do leave your feedbacks.

Love
Shivani.

ExpectoPatronus thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
1st of all happy b'day parool. ๐Ÿ˜Š
& now, i loved d os... eternal swaron... โค๏ธ
prachi_vrushan thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 3 Thumbnail
omg this was mind blowing
simply amazing
beautiful
i jst didnt hve words
labiba_islam thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
awesome story... swaron dreamy romance ๐Ÿ˜ณ๐Ÿ˜›๐Ÿ˜ณ
Edited by labibaislam - 9 years ago
..MiStLeToE.. thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
Reserved.

^Unreserve^

Hey there!

The way you percieve your idea and thoughts in the piece is your One really Strong Point! You weave your story beautifully. Your every piece has a tenderness attached to it and that is something stays with the reader even after the story ends and thats commendable :)

This piece recieves a Thumbs Up from my side! I absolutely loved how you kept Swayam as the imagery of her own feelings and desire throughout and then how you broke that dream when she wakes up knowing her desires and emotions can get an image only in her dream.

Beautiful :)

Chitra :)
Edited by ..MiStLeToE.. - 9 years ago
VReSH thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Fab๐Ÿ‘
It's Awesome๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ
So love it :)
anum_6 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Amazing os

Happy birthday day dear
Stay blessed
Rockingbhardwaj thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
Sharon nd her dream..
Wow..
Swayam is always there for her even in her dreams..
Loved it
Thanks
mythreyii thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Hey shivani
It was jus beautiful
Very nicely penned.. It was jus amazing
Sharon trying to find d man she knows but does not remember..
And all of it being her dream the only place wer dey can b together
A. Amazing os