.nerfherder thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 9 years ago

She was here, right here in front of me. But, where was I?

He lay still on the bench, staring at the air in front of him. But I knew better, I knew it was me who had captured his gaze. My surroundings made as much sense to me as Einstein's relativity theorem but I was no stranger, I knew where I was. But, he didn't. He was so familiar that I wondered how much time had really passed since we last saw each other. 5 months, or perhaps a year? I couldn't tell. He was still very much the man I left door of my previous residence. The same man with tousled brown hair, a fair complexion and warm, chocolate eyes. And I stopped there, locking my eyes with his. His eyes widened, in surprise, fear, vehemence. I couldn't zero in on the emotion dancing in those irises. Perhaps I had lost my touch and the thought itself made me disdainful.

I couldn't lose my touch with him.

She was still there, within an accesible range from me. But, how in the seven worlds could it be possible. I vividly remember the day, the day when she left me on her doorstep. She had left. There was no way she could be here now. But, she was. Just as she was a year ago, with her hair let down and those greenish hazel eyes protected by a pair of spectacles. She seemed incredibly real, just as my surroundings. I knew, though, knew that it was only the surroundings which were real. Only the grey lump was real. The green grass, the black sky, the black bench, the defeated me; only we were real.

But she seemed real too.

My gaze was glued to her as she swiftly walked upto my bench, seating herself in the vacant space beside me. My breath became irregular and my blood pumping organ, frantic. Her hand hovered towards me as I waited with bated breath and increasing apprehension.

This would be the moment of truth. Perhaps.

He was determined, determined not to admit, fall in despair. He was no longer looking at me, his sight had shifted to the grey lump over which I had been looming before.

"You left me." he whispered to the winds.

"I love you." I said in my defense, unsure if he heard me. I wanted him to hear me. There were so many things I had to talk about, needed to say. His jaw was clenched tight and his eyes were stony. My hand went up to his shoulder and hesitant, I placed it there, squeezing his shoulder gently. He froze at my touch. His head snapped towards me and I gasped at the sudden movement. The sudden life in his eyes startled me. They were warm, molten chocolate and I melted predictably, looking at them. But I realised something else too,

He didn't expect me to exist.

She touched me, she touched me. The contact brought back several memories, things I'd rather have forgotten. Only, I was incapable of.

"You are dead." I whispered, oblivious to the hurt springing up in her eyes. "You left me" I say again.

"But, I love you, Swayam." She said, my name coming from her mouth in the sweetest way possible.

"I know Sharon." I said softly, and I've always known that. But I also know something else now,

She was here, right here in front of me. But I, I was all inside me.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

.nerfherder thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 3 Thumbnail
I am aware that it is one shitty piece of work. But, I have posted it now so I'm prepared for all the stuff which would be hurled at me.
Thank you for reading,

Cheers.

Rhapsody.
Rockingbhardwaj thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
Really nice nd emotional one dear
Loved it..
VruShan_FanGirl thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
BEAUTIFULLY written bt emotional
both pov was amazing luved it
VReSH thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Whow... Awesome... Can't wait to read more... its so overpowering... Too Good :)
..MiStLeToE.. thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
Reserved.

^Unreserve^

You know what this drabble reminded me of?

Harry and Dumbledore!

"Of course it is happening
inside your head, Harry, but
why on earth should that mean
that it is not real?"

And by the end of the read just like the movie everything around went white along with them.

This was beautiful Rhapsody.

There was just so much love here wrapped in so much pain and fear.

Oh I loved how she said I love you and he answered back with a I know :')

This was not shit, at all, okay.

Chitra :)
Edited by ..MiStLeToE.. - 9 years ago
aneesha93 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Beautiful in all sense and a little sad too.
Thanks for the pm
ExpectoPatronus thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
u r awsm... & dare u say dat dis os is not gd. -_- i love ur writings... keep it up... 😊
thegameison thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
I don't know why you think this is shitty. You write really well. Yeah, sure, this isn't the best I have read from you but so what? This is beautiful in its own right, the grief and the loss penned in the simplest way possible, simple and effective and far-reaching. Well done, you.

Thanks for the PM.

K
Edited by thegameison - 9 years ago
.Vrushanholic. thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Oh god this is amazing Nishu
I loved the way you wrote it... it's just beautiful.
And the ending was a bit heart breaking.
I am in love with your writing!