FF: To Be or Not to Be. [Chap4. Pg 24]

.nerfherder thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 9 years ago

"Marriage and murder are quite similar processes when you think about it. The participants tend to know each other and it's over when one of them is dead. In fairness, murder is a lot quicker though."

- Sherlock Holmes.

This isn't a murder story. This is a story about Swayam Shekawat and Sharon Rai Prakash, two best friends who with their own consent are thrown into this complicated institution, unaware of the dangers lurking in it.

Edited by Rhapsody. - 9 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

.nerfherder thumbnail
Index.

.nerfherder thumbnail
Prologue.

The sherwani collar was making his neck itch. As he stared into the human-sized mirror, he could see tiny droplets of sweat race down his forehead. It was so stuffy. He cursed the damn malfunctioning Air Conditioner. He wiped his face clean and swept his hair back, gelling it. And for once in his 26 years long life, his hair looked set. He didn't know why he felt so jittery. He had agreed to this so readily. They both had talked to each other and agreed.

The blaring sound of the drums and trumpets filled his ears. He peeped out of the window and chuckled looking at their family dance in euphoria. And then his gaze fell on the board near the gate and his smile became rigid. He gulped. A huge photo of them covered it beneath which was written in a flowy writing.

'Swayam Shekawat Weds Sharon Rai Prakash.'

She gazed at her mehendi covered hands and felt a sinking feeling in her stomach. Or it was just her authentic-cum-heavy lehenga which was giving her the feeling. She wondered if the designers had assumed that Indian girls were weightlifters. What else could justify the stupefying weight of a wedding dress and the jewellery to complement it?

She was feeling the pre-wedding jitters, and it was out of her undersanding as to why she was doing so. He was her best friend and she was getting married to him. Big deal. Maybe it was just the hype surrounding it. As much as she loved being under the spotlight, today she wished people would just leave her alone. Or better, leave them alone. She stared at the tiny 'SS' for Swayam Shekawat squeezed in her mehendi, for him to find. She was positive he would, he had a keen eyesight. Leave the fact that the jerk always used it to notice her bad mood and annoy her further.

My, she was getting married to the jerk. And she herself had agreed to it.

Shit.

.nerfherder thumbnail
^The prologue is here and Chapter one is ready too.

But I ain't continuing till I am sure of the fact that readers still exist. So, show some good response and you will get the next chapter.

For PMs add 'Nish_PMs' to your buddy list.

Cheers
NV
lilinfinities thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Nice concept dear.. Marrying a best friend is an unique and good concept :p
Waiting for the first chapter, update it soon and do let me know.. :D
Edited by Alohomora. - 9 years ago
thegameison thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
She wondered if the designers had assumed that Indian girls were weightlifters.

^^ Wise words, man. ๐Ÿคฃ

I do not read fan fiction, let alone fictions with life-sized banners with Vrushan in them. But I have read something similar to this before, if want I could link you to it, and that fanfic was a favorite of mine. That coupled with the fact that I know you and that you write well, I think it would be safe to assume that I am going to read this.

That's a twofold interplay of bias and more bias working over here, I know.
But it shall benefit both of us, but given the state of this forum, you more. ๐Ÿ˜ˆ

Okay, bye.

K
.Vrushanholic. thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
I love the concept!
The prologie was beautiful.
I love the way you use your words. They are just simply the best to explain the paticular scene you want to describe!
waiting eagerly for the first chapter :D
priya_sejwal thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Liked the concept...
Prologue was awsumm
Very well written
Update soon
prajana thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
A perfect blend of beautiful story nd good writing..๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ