.nerfherder thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 9 years ago

Banner Credits: -Cutyee

"You are a cheater Shantanu. I am not talking to you."

"Are. Vrushika, look you lost the game. Admit it." Shantanu chuckled, causing Vrushika to glare at him. He tried hard to stop himself from laughing but the look on her cute, round face prevented him from doing that.

"I didn't lose. You declared yourself a winner Shantanu, according to the rules fabricated by you. That was unfair, alright? Go away now. Don't talk to me." Vrushika huffed and walked out of the rehearsal hall leaving Shantanu to burst out laughing at her childish behaviour. That's what she was, an innocent child. Her childlike behaviour was what made him call her 'beta' multiple times, without meaning to. The way she desperately tried to win over him in the tasks and failed nearly every time. Shantanu chortled thinking about the brave face she would put up on losing. And her compensating 'baazigar' line. Still chuckling, Shantanu walked out of the rehearsal hall.

Vrushika stormed past all the equipments into the girl's locker room, a frown on her face. She was annoyed, very much. He did this in every interview, made her lose. As kind hearted he was, he was that cunning. Today, it was just vexing. She wasn't going to talk to him till he himself comes up to apologize. It was difficult for her to restrain herself, but she knew the scenario was the same for Shantanu.

"Vrushika" he called out.

Vrushika felt an urge to giggle like she used to always but resisted it. He hadn't apologized, yet. Shantanu could make out the crossed arms on Vrushika's chest and smirked. Arm's crossed on chest was a sign of forceful restrain. Vrushika wasn't actually angry with him. He went to her and sat down beside her. Shantanu tapped her shoulder.

"Vrushika"

She shot him a deadly looked and turned her head away, defiantly. And then, she shifted away from him. Shantanu moved towards her and tapped her shoulder; again.

"Vrushika."

She scrunched her forehead and looked at Shantanu. His eyes had turned round and imploring, while a small frown was visible on his lips. All in all, he looked like a kitten asking for milk. Vrushika hated him for doing this. He knew she being she, couldn't resist the face. So, as expected, Vrushika let out a peal of her high pitched laughter and laid her head on his shoulder, still laughing.

"Your face, Shantanu!" she scoffed, burying her face on his shoulder. Shantanu joined in, and looked at the pure joy on her face as she laughed her heart out. The innocence on her face amazed him. She was so innocent, that he was scared to let her go away from him. Never in his life had he met such a person who was so different.

"Sorry, really." Shantanu said, earnestly.

Vrushika flushed slightly and giggled "It's okay yaar. Though you will have to pay for this." Shantanu gave her knowing, toothy smile in return. What could be the worst possibility of Vrushika Mehta's payback? She was too sweet and simple to be horrendously evil. Shantanu trusted her on that.

"Hua chokra jawaan re..hua chokra jawaan re.." the stereo blared in the car. Shantanu and Vrushika looked at each other and burst out laughing. This song had a lot of memories attached to it. For them, as well as their fans. While it was Shantanu's favourite song, Vrushika had found it okay. What she remembered was Shantanu's care for her when she had fallen really ill. The methods he resorted to for cheering her. A sudden urge to thank Shantanu took over her and she obliged.

"Thank you so much Shantanu for being there for me. You have no idea how grateful I am to you."

Shantanu smiled, exasperatedly. He had honestly grown tired of her gratitude. As much as he felt nice about it, the constant appreciation made him feel as if he had saved the world, when all he had done was help a dear friend, help Vrushika.

"Vrushika, I know you are grateful. But stop saying thank you, please. I have grown tired of it, and well what are friends for?" he grinned widely. Vrushika giggled in response and suddenly her eyes fell on a gola-cart on the road.

"Shantanu, STOP."

"What happened?"

"Look out there" she pointed towards the gola wala excitedly. "I want to have one, please please."

Shantanu looked at her bewildered. "Have you lost it Vrushika? It's freaking 11 pm on a freaking winter night. And you want to eat gola? You'll fall sick Vrushika."

Vrushika pouted looking at Shantanu. "I won't fall sick Shantanu. Take it as your punishment if it satisfies you." Shantanu's resolve melted on her pout. Urgh, she knew he couldn't refuse her anything and sure did she take advantage of that, like he does of her innocence. He sighed and unlocked the door of the car. Vrushika jumped out of the car and hopped excitedly towards the cart, leaving Shantanu to run behind her.

"Two kala khatta please."

"Vrushika I don't want one."

She looked at him strangely. "I know. But it's not for you idiot, it's for me."

Shantanu simply gaped at Vrushika as she handed him one glass with the gola in it to hold and began devouring it with gusto. But sadly, till the time she had finished the first one, the gola in Shantanu's hand had melted into a puddle of juice. She frowned and looked at Shantanu who looked at her with narrowed eyes for a second and then snorted."With the amount of junk you eat, it's no surprise as to why your brain is shrinking."

Vrushika looked at him with with disbelief and smacked him playfully. Before she could strike another blow, Shantanu ducked and both of them were left laughing in the middle of the night, on the middle of a road. Soon the snorting ceased, replaced by a wide smile on both of their faces. This is how they were, crazy and open with each other. No one, not even them, could describe their bond. But it was special. Vrushika raised the glass in her hand, the maroonish gola juice taking the place of the wine.

"To our friendship Shantanu." She laughed, willing him to join her.

Shantanu grinned and raised the glass in his hand too, with an amused expression "To our friendship, Vrushika."

They clinked the plastic glasses and then drunk it's contents in a go, before laughing again. Shantanu took Vrushika in a friendly hug and Vrushika hugged him back. In that moment, they promised themselves that this bond would be maintained forever.

Edited by Rhapsody. - 9 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

anotherdayofsun thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Wow .. This just so cute !! <3
And for some reason .. it feels so real :D
Loved it !
Keep writing :)
varsh-mayur thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
Damm this is so realisticcc😊 as i always say uu are just so gooddd keep writing nishi
anjuvrushan thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Superb shot...gr8...just like vrushan...write more
BhaviJas thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Haha ths ws really VruShanish.. nw i wng more VruShan os :p
Vishi- thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
Nishuuu it was superb...
just loved it ❤️
While reading I was just smiling ^_____^
It was so ❤️
Thankyou for writing this one 🤗

piyu_swaron thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
it ws so cute os nishi.. loved it😃
write more on vrushan

VReSH thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Awww... This is jus Awww... So cute, so Vrushanoish, So real, jus pure bliss... Loved it jus loved it...
lilinfinities thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Beautiful one Nishi really loved it <3
And you wrote it all nicely ^_^ Amazing writer you are <3
It was real and VruShanish.
The title is good You and Me <3
Thanks for the PM
koms_vrushan thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
it was so so so cute os plz write more of vrushan os or ss