TS: The Hitchhiker Epilogue.on pg6.

.nerfherder thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 9 years ago

THE HITCHHIKER

"You better run for your life if you can little girl...Hide your head in the sand little girl...catch you with another man...that's the end of...little girl."

Sharon crooned to the song by The Beatles in her melodious voice (sarcasm intended). No one could beat The Beatles in pop music, oh no. She bobbed her head to the beats, speeding her car on the long, deserted NH5. She felt free as the hot hair hit her face, free for once. All her life she had lived under the surveillance of her rich, big, fat, conservative family. And after 23 long years of life in the palatial family mansion, Sharon had finally found the courage to buy an Impala and escape from the clutches of tradition, to live her life to her terms. Sharon pressed the accelerator hard and whooped as it flew on the road. Hell, was it fun.

At a distance, she saw a backpack ridden man standing on the road, his hand stretched, the thumb protruding outwards; a hitch hiker. He looked alright to Sharon from a distance and she decided to speak with him. Sharon slowed down and stopped in front of him. The man appeared at her window, joyed by the fact that someone had stopped. His face looked suntanned and his appearance was haggard. He had long brown hair and complementing brown eyes. Definitely, he looked handsome and somewhat familiar.

"Thanks for stopping. Can I get a ride please? I am stranded here, in the middle of nowhere."

Sharon simply stared at him and then replied hastily "Okay. But you have to contribute to the car expenses meanwhile."

"That wouldn't be a problem at all."

"Great. Get in."

"Thanks a ton." He got in, dumping his backpack in the backseat and observed the car. It was neat, perfect for the ride. The stereo was blaring with The Beatles' music and he liked it that way.

"Nice car."

"Thanks. It's my own choice." Sharon said, starting the car, turning down the volume, just a bit. "What's your name by the way?"

"Shekawat, Swayam Shekawat."

Sharon slammed on the brakes and looked at Swayam, shocked. "No way" she breathed "Don't tell me you are the son of THE Rishi Shekawat and work in the Shekawat circuit."

Swayam scowled. "The first part is true but the second part's my brother Gaurav. I am more like a nomad, roaming around, looking for heritage structures. That's how I landed here in the first place."

Sharon bit her tongue, abashed. She might have just breached a sensitive topic. It was more than likely that Swayam would have faced much fire from his family for taking up such a hobby and pursuing it seriously. An awkward silence filled the car. Sharon glanced sideways at Swayam and saw him staring outside, his hair flapping over his face. All of a sudden he looked at her and she snapped her neck towards the road, her cheeks burning in embarrassment.

"I guess you don't approve of my work as such."

Sharon looked at him with a confused look. "Not at all. In fact, I would love to do something like this. Get out there and enjoy the world. It sounds fun."

Swayam smiled at her "It is. You get to see every colour of the world, every shade of it. There are like hundreds of such places in India itself. Think how much would be present in the whole world." Sharon looked at the excitement which captured Swayam's face at that second. It was so real, unlike the ones she had encountered. She felt drawn to the stranger sitting beside her that moment. Coming out of his reverie, Swayam asked "You asked my name. I think I deserve to know yours too."

Sharon laughed out loud "Its Sharon, Sharon Rai Prakash."

"Nice name."

Sharon winked at Swayam in reply. As she continued driving, Swayam had his gaze fixed on her. She was stunning. He reproached himself for thinking so, but he seemed to be infatuated by her. Her highlighted cheekbones and the perfectly carved face made him long to caress her face, once and keep on caressing her, loving her.

Very creepy dude, very creepy. Get yourself in control Shekawat, else things will get messy.

Swayam sighed. Far behind the mountains, the sun had begun to set and darkness was starting to spread in the sky. Sharon looked at her watch, it was 7:30 PM and she felt tired.

"We'll stop somewhere at a roadside inn, rest there and start tomorrow morning, okay?"

"Okay, Sharon."

"Chura liya hai tumne jo dil ko...Nazar nahi churanaa...sanam..."

The old stereo kept on playing such songs, as the members of the tiny inn were seated in the main lounge of the inn. The place was filled with locals on the way to their villages, hippies and people like Swayam and Sharon who were in the middle of their journey. Sharon remembered the look on the inn owner's place when they came to check in. That dirty smirk on his face was too obvious. Sharon flushed deeply. Surely they was no possibility of her sleeping with Swayam, a stranger whom she had just made acquaintance with. Hell, it was improbable. Stupid owner of the inn. She gulped more of the 'Aam panna' fiercely. Ah, it felt so good, so calming.

Swayam stared at Sharon intensely. His brain was not in a very good state and nor were his thoughts quite clear. He suspected something in the 'Aam panna' which was alcoholic in nature. And he wouldn't be surprised if the owner had mixed something as he clearly thought that Swayam and Sharon would hook up that night. The drink didn't affect Swayam but it seemed alcohol was a first time experience for Sharon. She went tipsier with each drink she had and Swayam thought it was enough.

"Sharon" he nudged her "Let's go back to the room. You've hand too much of the drink."

"Okay..." she sang. She tried standing up but lost her balance. Left with no choice, Swayam lifted her up in her arms and carried her to the room, his stomach doing the back flips.

God save him tonight.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To Be Continued. 🐷

Part II

Epilogue

Edited by Rhapsody. - 9 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

.nerfherder thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 3 Thumbnail
hello,

Some people might be wondering what the hell I am doing here. To those, i would like to say I had a wrongly timed epiphany this thursday which left me with this idea. And I even got free time. 🤡

Conclusion : I will continue writing for myself and my lovely readers.

Sorry for ALL the inconvenience.

Er, Cheers.
NV

Next update on pg.4 and after 25+ likes. :)
Edited by Rhapsody. - 9 years ago
VReSH thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
i JUS LOVE IT... :D
ME HELL EXCITED :D
..MiStLeToE.. thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
Mine.

^Unreserve^

Guess what I knew was going to happen in your last OS only 🤣

I loved this. . .It was hell exciting 👏

Swayam and Sharon they are so different in here 😊

And I am getting a lot of ideas with the end of the first part. . .Post the next soon!!!! We belong to Swayam Category here...Creeps!!!! 🤣

P.S. You reminded me of Hotel Decent from Jab We Met with the owner of the inn!
Maal Kaisa h?Ekdm kadak 🤣

Update soon Nishi!!!!
Edited by ..MiStLeToE.. - 9 years ago
sanchiswaron thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
Wonder how you come up with Unique stuff every time
One hell of your great work ^_^
SwaRon as Strangers.Nothing could be more interesting
Update soon 😃
priya_sejwal thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Hey
Nice one...very unique concept!!!
Update soin
.Vrushanholic. thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
oh my nishu :*
i knew you cant stop writing :v
and dont stop too :p good decision!
coming to the update aha again a very wel written update!
loved it thoroughly and specially i love the descriptions you give of the characters!
loved it!
keep writing!
love you :*
prajana thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Hey...awsmm concept..u r a superb writter
Continue soon
Dew.. thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Hailaaa!!!!!!
what happend to ur last os nd sabse badi baath what happend to my dukh vari speech in ur last os!!!!!!🤣
first i thought sm1 hacked ur id 🤣 but after reading this i realized that its u only
i love the surprise ,wanna more bcz isse mere exm dene wali dukhi aatma khush ho jayegi 🤣
so likho likho aur likho 🤣
Edited by Dew.. - 9 years ago
Mansi98 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
wow
u back
u said u wont
bt koi nai
m happy u r back
dis ts was nice
i liked it