Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

QueenofGreen thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 9 years ago

Perception

He found Vrushika teaching Ajay how to waltz one evening. They were dancing closely, to the faint, fading strains of Pehla Nasha.

For a moment, he felt like his heart had stopped in his chest. He had only been passing the rehearsal hall, when he heard the sweet, familiar tune. His curiosity had gotten the better of him and before he knew it, he was backtracking, following the music. When he opened the door, he froze in his tracks. Ajay was spinning Vrushika around in his arms, while she giggled and held onto him tightly.

That stupid, new AD had set his sights on Vrushika. It was even more exasperating, because despite everything, Shantanu could not make himself hate the man. He was actually a decent guy. In the three months that he had known Ajay, he had never seen the man flirt or even look at another girl. He only ever had eyes for Vrushika, and he treated her with utmost respect and dignity.

Inevitably, Vrushika was such a sweet and nave girl, so intelligent and yet completely clueless to the simplest of nuances - Ajay was flirting with her. To her, it was all just friendly ribbing, teasing. Much to Shantanu's relief, Vrushika did not treat Ajay any differently than she would another friend. She smiled and laughed with him, like she did with any other person on their set, nevertheless, he was irritated by their growing proximity. He was even more bothered by the fact that he was bothered.

It was really quite odd, the feelings he was experiencing of late. Shantanu had become fascinated with Vrushika's every graceful movement --the way she tucked her hair behind her ear, or nibbled on her plump lower lip, when deep in thought. He found himself standing excruciatingly close to her, purely with the intent to inhale her sweet fruity scent.

Not to mention that he had become inhumanly sensitive. He was known for being laconic at best, but somehow, she had managed to find her way around his better sensibilities. She made him feel all sorts of things that he wasn't willing to feel, and it frustrated him.

Shantanu slowly backed away from the door. He couldn't watch them smile at each other, whisper sweet nothings as they held each other close and swayed to the music. It was sickening. It was like some unknown territory had been violated - a trust breached. But he wasn't Swayum, and she wasn't Sharon - so it shouldn't matter to him if she was dancing on their song with someone else.

Turning away from the door, he tenaciously strode down the corridor, pushing past anyone who stood in his way. People stared at him in surprise. He was known to be the most courteous and chivalrous man on set and so his uncharacteristic behaviour made people wary, but he barely noticed them.

Locking himself into his room, Shantanu leaned back against his door and sank to the floor, with his head between his knees. He closed his eyes, fists rubbing viciously, almost as if the act alone could erase the images of her in his arms - the two of them laughing together. It was useless though, because the memory was burned into his mind and every time he closed his eyes the moment would flash before him. The memory was vivid, crystal clear and played itself on an endless loop and each time, every time it sent his mind into overdrive.

Why did she have to be so sweet to him? Unintentionally, she was sending that man the wrong signals. Or was she actually interested in him? No, that wasn't right. She couldn't be attracted to him. It wasn't possible. It just wasn't.

The fierce envy was eating him alive and he needed to get away before he did something he would regret. Getting to his feet, he decided that he needed a day to clear his head.

"Hey Shan, where are you off to?" Maccy asked, when he spotted his best friend making his way out, car keys in hand. "The boys have a late night dance rehearsal. You haven't forgotten, have you?"

"I have some work to do. I won't be there," Shantanu answered briskly.

"But..."

"Tell Sam to watch over Vrushika, okay? She's in the rehearsal hall."

Even though he was angry at her, he couldn't just leave her here knowing that she was alone with some boy. He ignored Maccy's questions and walked straight past him. Furious, hurt, he stormed out of the sets, not noticing Vrushika who had seen him leave and was quickly following him outside.

"Hey, Shantanu, where are you going?" Vrushika called after him. "You said you were going to drive me home today!"

She had to run to catch up with him, and she was breathless by the time they reached his car.

"Why don't you ask Ajay to drop you?" Shantanu returned with his infamous snark. "I'm sure he'd be more than happy to give you a ride." He wanted to ignore her, but he couldn't. He was supposed to be angry at her, but somehow, he just couldn't stay mad at her for long. To be honest, he was more annoyed at himself for reacting the way that he did.

"Probably," she agreed, smiling. She stepped closer to him and grabbed him gently by the elbow. "I want to go home with you though. Shouldn't that count for something?"

He groaned internally. How could someone be so innocent? He felt guilty for thinking of her words like that. He knew that she didn't mean it like that, but he was a hot blooded male and sometimes she drove him crazy with all the things that she unintentionally said or did. He had never found innocence more alluring than he did in that moment as he gazed into her wide, warm, brown eyes.

Shaking away the thoughts, he quickly pulled away from her touch as he desperately reminded himself again, that he was supposed to be annoyed with her. "Are you sure?" He asked coolly, trying to remain aloof, detached. "Wouldn't you rather have him drop you?"

Now she looked perplexed. "Why would I want him? You know I'll always choose you." She was confused by his questions, and she could sense the jibe in his words, but she didn't know the reason for his behaviour.

All his anger, his disappointment melted away in a heartbeat as he realised that she was standing here with him, holding his hand and asking him to take her home. Him. Not Ajay.

"Get in," Shantanu sighed, trying to mask the sudden joy, the relief that he felt.

She grinned happily as she settled into the passenger seat next to him. She liked to watch him drive. He was so careful, so methodical in every action and yet so effortless. She loved to annoy him even more, by switching on the radio and singing loudly, deliberately out of tune to all the pop songs that he detested.

"Can we get some ice-cream on the way?" She asked imploringly.

"Don't push it," he scowled.

But she only laughed. He would give in. He always did.

Edited by Propinquity. - 9 years ago
..MiStLeToE.. thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
Oh My My!!!!
You just write so well :)
This was just so good :)
Vrushika so innocent and Shantanu all confused.. ..With his own feelings. . .The way you penned down things are beautiful :)
Amazing job :)
I loved the last line a lot. . .and your thought behind it made it even more soothing :)
Keep Writing :)
Khizar_SWARON thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
reserved
edited
Well the first it was hmmm where is that word I am looking for ah anyways can't find it
cuz it's hilarious 😆
Well yeah even if you were showing that Shan is sad or showing his emotions in saddness and the possessiveness and all but still I laughed
don't know why :|
and in the end well it was adorable and lovely 😊
Edited by Khizar_SWARON - 9 years ago
BhaviJas thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Ahhh jst amazing...Vrushika is such an innoceny kid...n angry young man Shantanu..
U kill it in every writting...
VReSH thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
just three words:
I LOVEEE IT!!!!👏
cutelove thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Woww!!! Really amazingg wrk donee . thoroughlyy enjoyed readingg itt...dus drabble iss on a rolll... His perplexed state her innocence...!! N abv dat d last linee n d reason u gave behind dat was likee a bonusa pont fr ur dis wrkk!!!! ...
Updatee soon
964103 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Propinquity.

Thank you for your comment and also for clarifying.

I'm an LLB student, it is in my nature to be cautious and paranoid, so thanks a lot for clearing my doubt.

Hope you will like the next update as well :)

I really liked the second update too!! :D
You clean up pretty good! Nicely done!
Like how you never miss out on the subtleties, not by going over board too!:)
I don't ship them. Nothing against them or you, I just don't want to be delusional. I have been there.
But, it anyways feels good to read somebody who writes with such care and understanding!
Keep it up!

Update soon!:D

P.S. I guessed you were somebody who likes to be clear in the mind. Logical mind, proves it!:)
Destiny_015 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Oh my my.
My shipper heart is in a deep deep mess after reading this. 🤣
This was adorable.
Gosh imagining Shantanu like that is one hilarious sight. 🤣
This line: " He was even more bothered by the fact that he was bothered." Shantanu. 🤣
The plot of the drabble is so subtly handled. I like the fact about your writing is how you dont go overboard.
And end had such a VruShanish touch. Loved it.
Actually two important part of the plot Vrushika's innocence and Shantanu's giving in to her - which we all fans have seen here and there. They were so beautifully incorporated.
Coming to that last line. The most beautiful point of the story ie.
"Sometimes I get the feeling, that despite his overt nonchalance, he eventually does give into her :)"
I know I know. 🤣 And there goes my shipper heart flying again -_-
I had this huge smile plastered on my face throughout reading this. 😃 😃
Great work. Waiting for the next one.
Edited by --Destiny-- - 9 years ago
Khizar_SWARON thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Please add one more or you are stopping? :(
.nerfherder thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 3 Thumbnail
My shipper heart is doing the waltz after reading this. <3
I cant believe I missed THIS till today.
I seriously have to applaud your writing style. Crisp, Clear and inviting.
Both the shots were awesome.
While the first one had Vrushika inked on Shantanu's wrist, the second one showed how Shantanu eventually gives in to Vrushika's every whim.
The shipper's heart flies in the sky at that thought.
I cannot wait to read more. :)
Do update soon :D

Cheers
Nishi.

P.S.I'll add you in my PM list..Could you PM me the next time you update?