Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

QueenofGreen thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 8 years ago

Originally posted by: AnanyaVruShan

oh my god oh my god... dis is simply awsm... i laughed a lot... 🤣 so hilarious... awsm work dear... keep writing more... ❤️

Thank you sweetheart!
QueenofGreen thumbnail

Originally posted by: .Shanaya.

Can i tell you truth and can you promise not to freak?

I have been a stalker of this thread ever since it started. 😳 I just never had the time to comment or like before, but i do read this.
This is awesome. I love VruShan and just reading about them, is so cool.
You are an amaze writer and i wish to read more from you. 😊
So, i would be so glad if you could send me PMs regarding this thread.
Good job, you. 👍🏼 Keep writing and send me PMs, please.

Awww Shanaya - I'm so flattered! Why would I freak out?

Thank you so much for following my work

It means a lot to me!

🤗
QueenofGreen thumbnail

Originally posted by: VrushanianAdity

Ok.. So I'm reading this at the middle of the night and Believe me I had to cover my mouth in order to not wake my parents up 😆..like seriously.. This was hilarious 😃.. First the shrunk Shantanu.. 😆Then Adhayan.. 😛He was tooo cute... Awesome.. Then the ultimate epic part, Why do they keep kissing?? 😆Surely I nearly fainted laughing.. Do update soon.. 👏

Thank you! So glad you liked.

Can you imagine how they'd react if someone actually asked them that?

It would be so hilarious!
QueenofGreen thumbnail

Originally posted by: pri98.arora

Hello paridhi!! I really like your work. YOU are an amazing writer. I love the way you bring out the emotions. I hv seen your vms on swaron vrushan too... and I love them. Amazing creativity u hv. Would love to read more. Pls update soon. Waiting 😃

Thank you!

An update is finally here!
QueenofGreen thumbnail

Performance | II.

Miraculously, just as they left the sets, the skies cleared up, but by that time people were already piling out of the studio, excited about the unexpected day off. Shantanu, of course was not one of those. He'd much prefer working on some choreography, than whatever inane family fantasy, Vrushika had unwittingly embroiled them in.

His fake wife, who had bribed their' nephew with three bars of chocolate, seemed mighty pleased with herself as she walked ahead, holding Adhyan's hand and listening to him babble nonsensically about anything and everything. Shantanu trailed behind them, observing their interactions and watching out for oncoming traffic as they crossed the road towards the park. The oblivious twosome happily walked on ahead, taking their sweet time and ignoring the horns of irritated drivers, while Shantanu glanced apologetically at them before ushering Vrushika and Adhyan onto the pavement. Later, when they were safe, he turned towards them to scold them for being so careless at the crossing, only to find them still deep in conversation.

"Chachi, why don't you wear the red stuff in your hair?" Adhyan asked, motioning towards her forehead.

"What red stuff?" Vrushika asked, ignoring Shantanu who was evidently eavesdropping.

"You know, the red stuff, that mummy wears." The little boy insisted impatiently, jabbing at his own forehead to make a point.

"He means sindoor," Shantanu clarified dryly, then turned to Vrushika, with a wicked grin. "Yeah, Vrushika, why don't you wear sindoor?"

"I...I forgot," Vrushika explained weakly. "I mean, I don't always wear it. Sometimes, I forget."

"But you're married," Adhyan looked up at her with wide innocent eyes, "you must wear the red stuff all the time. Mummy says it's bad luck if you don't."

"Okay, I'll remember that for when I actually get married." Vrushika muttered under her breath. As if she'd ever wear sindoor for Shantanu. Not even if he was the last man on Earth.

"What did you just say?" Adhyan asked, ears visibly quirking. He stared at his uncle and aunt with suspicious eyes. They both exchanged nervous glances.

"Nothing..." Vrushika said hastily. "Nothing at all. I didn't say anything. Why don't you go and play in the playground, Adhyan?"

Satisfied, Adhyan directed his attention towards the swings in the playground.

Vrushika was watching him so carefully, that she wasn't paying attention to where she was walking. It was Shantanu who noticed her almost walk into an open, muddy ditch.

"Be careful," Shantanu's arms quickly wrapped around her waist, and pulled her up against him and into his arms just in time.

Clutching desperately at his shirt, Vrushika had her eyes shut fearfully still anticipating her fall. After a while she realised, that there was a warm, very familiar hand pressed against the bare skin of her waist and strong arms encircling her body. Her eyes rapidly fluttered open and met his warm, brown gaze. Noticing their sudden proximity, she gulped nervously. Her throat, suddenly felt parched and her skin broke into gooseflesh.

They were so close and her nerve ends were on fire.

Sure, they had some very physically proximate dance routines and a couple of quite intimate scenes, here and there, but those were all for show. Without the guidance of a director, and the hundred or so eyes of the cast and crew watching them, Vrushika suddenly felt very bare. There were no lights or cameras. Just Vrushika and Shantanu, locked in a moment. This was no performance, and the unexpected heat in his eyes was a reality, she wasn't ready to deal with.

Not now. Not yet.

Thankfully, their moment came to an abrupt end as Adhyan bounded towards them looking worried. Having witnessed the near accident, he hurriedly rushed over to check on his beloved Chachi. "Are you okay? You're not hurt are you?"
Shantanu carefully set her back on her feet, but stayed close, as Vrushika, suddenly shy, consoled Adhyan.

It was then, a group of pregnant young wives accosted them. They were all round, with swollen stomachs and radiant skin. Grinning widely, they cornered the bewildered trio and launched a barrage of commentary at them.

"Oh, what a wonderful young family," a lady exclaimed cheerfully.

"We're not a..." Vrushika tried to explain, but another woman jumped in, talking over her.

"He looks just like his father..." one woman ruffled Adhyan's hair affectionately

"I'm not his..." Shantanu butted in crossly, but was cut off by the third woman.

"Oh, no look at that - he has his mummy's eyes." She reached out to pull Adhyan's cheek.

Vrushika stepped in front of Adhyan protectively. "I'm not his mo..."

"You make a beautiful couple," another woman gushed to Shantanu, who looked beyond irritated. The woman continued, oblivious, "and your son is so cute."

"Thank you," he smiled elaborately, scooping Adhyan up into his arms. "Now, if you'll excuse us, we're actually in a rush. We've got another one to make."

That shut them up. While Shantanu dragged away a mortified Vrushika, the blushing gang of three stared after them with a stunned expression.

As soon as they were out of earshot, Vrushika pulled her elbow out of his grasp and swatted him over the head.

"What the hell was that for?" Shantanu demanded, although he knew why she was so annoyed.

She glared at him and flounced away, with an oblivious Adhyan in tow.

They spent a good hour at the park. Adhyan and Vrushika were two of a kind - they chatted constantly and were both obsessed with swings. For the most part, Shantanu was happy to linger in the background, pushing the swings for both Adhyan and Vrushika in turns.

After a while, Vrushika stood up and smiled at Adhyan. "Well, this was fun, but I have to go home now," Vrushika told them. The sky was quickly becoming dark. It was only eleven-thirty, but she wanted to get home before it started raining.

Astute Adhyan looked up at them suspiciously, "Why can't we all just go together?"

"Because I live two blocks away from Shantanu and it'll take me longer to get home," Vrushika explained honestly, not at all suspecting his line of inquiry.

"But you're married! You must live together." Adhyan looked at them with narrowed eyes, "We can just go home together, can't we?"

Shantanu gulped nervously and Vrushika gave him a hesitant smile as she tried to explain, "Well, you see the thing is..."

But she never got a chance to tell him, because all of a sudden, Adhyan started tearing up again. His lips were quivering and eyes were reddening. It almost seemed like the boy could cry on demand.

"Don't cry, don't cry!" Shantanu said quickly to his nephew. He hugged Adhyan quickly, and over his shoulder, glared at the guilty looking Vrushika. "Your Chachi was just joking. Right Vrushika?"

"Right," Vrushika nodded, much too enthusiastically. "Sorry Adhyan. That was a bad joke."

Pouting, Adhyan observed both of them sceptically.

"How about you keep swinging, while I have a quick chat with your chachi,"

His nephew sniffled in response, but waddled back to the swings. From his vantage point, he kept a keen eye trained on his Chachi, watchful of any sign of escape.

"Now see what you've done!" Shantanu hissed, after pulling her aside so that Adhyan wouldn't hear. "He thinks we live together."

"It's a fair assumption," Vrushika shrugged. "Married people usually live together."

"Yes, but we're not married, are we?!" He snapped. They just kept digging themselves into a bigger hole, and from where they were trapped, there seemed to be no scope for rescue.

"It's fine," She said dismissively. "We'll tell him the truth now. He looks more settled in."

"No, we can't! If he starts crying again, he won't stop all weekend. This is all your fault! Why did you tell him we were married?" Shantanu accused, beyond frustrated. He hated lying for precisely this reason - in trying to cover up one lie, they were getting further and further entangled into a giant web of lies.

Vrushika's eyes narrowed. Why was she suddenly the villain in all of this? "Hang on a minute, I didn't say anything. I just agreed to what he was saying. I wasn't really thinking about logistics when he was trying to drown himself in his tears."

"There's only one solution to this entire problem."

"I agree. Let's just tell him the truth." Vrushika declared firmly.

"You're staying at my place until Adhyan goes home." Shantanu decided at the same time.

Vrushika gaped at Shantanu. "No way," she protested adamantly. "That's not possible. Besides what would your parents think?"

"My parents aren't here. They won't be back until later next week." Shantanu told her. "Listen, we'll get Sam to cover for you. There is no way, you're leaving me alone with him. I know what he's like. He's going to cry himself into a coma. I'll talk to your parents if I have to." He was on the verge of pleading. Knowing Adhyan's absurd obsession with Vrushika, Shantanu wouldn't know how to handle the child once she left.

"My parents aren't home either. They're in Ahmedabad for my cousin's wedding. They won't be back until Monday, the week after next." Vrushika blurted out, without thinking.

He cast a meaningful sidelong glance at her. "So..."

"No. Absolutely not." She folded her arms over her chest, in a show of determination. "I'm not staying with you."

"I'm not asking you to." Shantanu said bluntly. "Adhyan is."

She shook her head resolutely. "I'm doing enough by pretending to be your wife."

She was spared his attempt at persuasion when her phone rang and she briskly strode away to answer the call. "Hello?"

"Where are you?" Palki Ma'am asked brashly over the phone. "Shantanu's not answering his phone. Why aren't you two rehearsing your routine?"

"I'm with Shantanu and Adhyan," Vrushika answered hesitantly. This was going to be difficult to explain.

"Who's that?" Palki Ma'am demanded impatiently.

"Shantanu's nephew."

"Oh. What are you doing with them?"

Vrushika sighed. "I kind of volunteered to help watch him for today,"

"Aww that's so sweet."

"It is not!" She protested heatedly then. "You have no idea what's happening here."

"Is Shantanu being mean to you again? Give him the phone."

"No, that's not it. I mean, of course he's being mean, but that's not the problem." Vrushika sighed, battling the fierce wind, while she was talking.

"Then what is?"
"Adhyan thinks I'm his Chachi."

Palki Ma'am caught on immediately. "The kid thinks you're married?"

"You don't know the half of it. Every time, I try to leave now - the waterworks begin."

"But, Vrushika. This is brilliant!" The director exclaimed, sounding thrilled at the prospect.

"What?" Vrushika was surprised by her enthusiasm. How could anything be brilliant about her current situation?
"This is the best possible practice you could ever get."

"Practice for what?!" Now Vrushika was really confused. None of this made sense to her anymore.

"You're an actress, baby," Palki Ma'am explained patiently. "Just think of this as another performance."

"A performance?"
"Yes. It's just another performance. Take it in stride and embrace the learning experience. Besides you love kids."

"But..."

"No buts." Palki Ma'am decided firmly. She could understand all of Vrushika's unspoken inhibitions and as her mentor, it was her responsibility to show her the right way. "You're going to help Shantanu. He's your friend. He's never going to take advantage of you. Now go and deliver the best God-damn performance of your lifetime."

Ending their conversation on that inspiring note, Palki Ma'am grinned to herself in her office.

The wheels were set in motion.

Still confused, Vrushika stood a metre away from the park watching Adhyan laugh as Shantanu chased him all over the playground. There was no use denying it - she was enjoying herself. Even though, everything was a lie, Vrushika had already formed an attachment to the adorable child. She was having fun with them, and wasn't that enough?

She thought of the pep talk she had just gotten from her mentor. Palki Ma'am was right. There was no way Shantanu would ever take advantage of her - so why was she so terrified of staying with him? It was only the weekend.

Finally, the decision was made for her when Adhyan caught her lost gaze and waved at her. With his charming smile, he beckoned at her. His hair was flying in the wind, and he was sniffling.

How could she ever say no, to that face?

Shantanu moved towards her, concerned. She was never this silent for so long. "What's wrong Vrushika?"

"Nothing." Vrushika said crossly, pushing past him. "Don't you have any common sense? It's freezing." She reached out and took Adhyan into the warmth of her arms. "We're going home."

"What?" Shantanu looked up at her in surprise, having caught the inflection. He tried not to grin, but he couldn't help himself. He knew she'd give in, sooner or later.

"You owe me." Vrushika hissed into his ear. "Big,"

He only smirked, his hand pressing into the small of her back as he led her towards the carpark. "I'll be sure to make it up to you."

His deep chuckle and darkened eyes were filled with promise and she felt herself getting hot and bothered yet again.

What the hell had she gotten herself into?

In the car, Vrushika and Adhyan sang loudly to the radio. Neither could carry a tune, but both sang dramatically with their eyes closed, pretending to be popstars. And as much as he wanted to be irritated, Shantanu couldn't. Despite himself, his lips quirked into a slight, amused smile as he watched Vrushika and his nephew try to harmonize. They were both adorable.

"What do you want for lunch, Adhyan?" Shantanu asked calmly, as they waited at a traffic signal.

"I'll eat anything Chachi makes for me." Adhyan declared. He wasn't a fussy eater.

"You're going to have to go hungry then," Shantanu snorted. "The apocalypse will arrive sooner than the day your Chachi decides to cook."

"Hey, I can cook!" Vrushika defended loudly, "I cook noodles all the time! Don't worry, Adhyan, I'll make you the best noodles, you will ever eat in your whole life."

"Really? You will?" Adhyan beamed. "You're the best Chachi ever."

On the way, Shantanu was forced to pull over at a gola stand upon Vrushika's insistence. The insane aunt and nephew duo indulged in colourful snow cones, while Shantanu, defeated, forked out the cash.

Later, when they were back in the car, Adhyan the chatterbox began interrogating them again.

"Hey Chachi," Adhyan grinned up at her, "can you only be married once?"

"Why do you ask that, Adhyan?" Vrushika asked curiously, looking over her shoulder at the backseat.
"Because, I love you." Adhyan proclaimed seriously. "I think we should get married."

"What?!" Shantanu exclaimed, while Vrushika laughed and fawned over the chatty four-year old. "Okay, enough with the marriages. There will be no more marriages happening today!"

"It's okay. I can wait," Adhyan declared, happily gnawing on his snow cone. "I just want to go home now and meet my cousin."

The car came to screeching halt as Shantanu and Vrushika both turned to look at him with wide eyes.

"What cousin?" Shantanu groaned, almost banging his head against the steering wheel in exasperation. It seemed like this boy had an endless list of demands.

"You know, my cousin," he shrugged, "is it a boy or a girl? I don't mind either, but I'd like a baby brother. We could play dinosaurs together."

"What baby brother?" Vrushika asked perplexed, just as Shantanu pulled into the garage.

As they got out of the car and into the elevator, both adults stared at Adhyan, waiting for an explanation.

"Don't you have any children?" Adhyan probed impatiently. "You must. You're married."

"And what would you know about having children?" Shantanu demanded, pointedly ignoring Vrushika who had suddenly turned red from the roots of her hair to the tips of her toes.

"I know all about it!" Adhyan claimed, eager to impart his knowledge. "First you have to love someone and then you have to marry them. Then you have to go to the temple and you have to pray a lot and break coconuts too. Then a stork flies by your house, when you're sleeping and leaves the baby on your doorstep."

Shantanu groaned. Obviously someone had been watching too much television. The weird amalgamation of the traditional stork fable with overused conventions of Hindi soaps, made for a bizarre and yet creative story. Although, he was relieved that his nephew clearly didn't know the truth of it.

"Who told you that?" Vrushika asked, remerging from her shocked stupor after hearing his childlike explanation.

"My daddy did."

Shantanu scowled. "Remind me to talk to Bhaiya about this."

"So, do I have a brother or a sister?" Adhyan asked persistently, falling into step with his uncle and aunt as they strode into the apartment complex.

"Neither," Shantanu retorted sharply. "Your Chachi's allergic to coconuts."

"Right," Vrushika nodded vigorously in agreement, "and your Chachu's allergic to children."

Shantanu glared at her. She returned it with flair.

A/N: This is not the end! I promise this time, I'll update much much sooner.

Thank you so much for being so patient with me, and for all your wonderful feedback. It makes me so happy!

You guys are the best!

I love you all!

A.Green thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Res
Unres
Oh wow I am first and the first thing I observe is this is a continuation of adhyayan and his antics..😆
So well Vrushan are acting ,oh they always act but here they are acting for shantanu's nephew nice!😉
Coming to the start when he asks about the red colour lol and shantanu says he is talking about sindoor and vrushika's reply I forgot lol😆
After that the next confusion comes in the form of the aunties questioning them that was a damn hilarious scene and the moment he said in the end we are going to make another one.🤣🤣 My god I couldn't control my laughter!
Haha after that how vrushika almost burst off little adhyayan's happy bubble by saying they aren't married haha and he was gonna cry buckets awesome😃
Palki's call was another icing in the cake ,how she says go and give one of your best performance reminded me of Srk from Chak de india😆😉
Then how she agreed to go saying she will stay in his house and their talk about the parents was cute..😳
At the house making noodles and then comes another firing question and query ,who is my cousin a girl of boy lol and his theory my god!!
How babies are born??🤣 Damn hilarious..just amazing! Then the last scene how they gave it back to each other full on tashan👍🏼
So what happens now??
Loved the scene where vrushika said you owe me big and shantanu said I'll make it up to you!❤️☺️
Continue soon ,I can't wait for the next one.!😊
Edited by Aayu27 - 8 years ago
pri98.arora thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Wow!!
This was so amazing👏
Shantanu, vrushika and adhyan ... they are so cute!😳
I was grinning hopelessly throughout😳... thanks to u
And yes next time update soon.
Waiting.😊
ujwal_v thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
res
unrs
awesome update
adhyan is really cute😊
he wants to marry his chachi 😆nd he is ready to wait..awww..and and and he wants cousin bro..bt wat to do his chachu is alergic to children n chachi to coconuts🤣
plz update asap
cant wait

Edited by ujwalv - 8 years ago
ShradhaP13 thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
This was hilarious...
Adhyan s nagging explanations 🤣
VruShan's condition...
Everythng was awesomely written...
pls do update soon...
Rockingbhardwaj thumbnail