Perchance to Dream | VruShan Vignettes [Updt. P30] 08/11.

QueenofGreen thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 9 years ago

Perchance to Dream | VruShan Vignettes

Summary: A series of random, unconnected fictitious moments featuring Shantanu & Vrushika.

Disclaimer: All characters appearing in this work are fictitious. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.

Permanence

There was a buzzing in his ears when he woke up. It was bloody painful.

His head was pounding and he had no recollection of the previous night, but as he looked around to gather his bearings, Shantanu found himself sprawled out in Archie's living room. His friends were already awake and looked to be in immense pain, as they held their heads in their hands.

"What happened last night?" He asked, and was immediately taken aback when they looked up at him.

They looked drastically different from what he remembered. Archie had two rings embedded in each eyebrow. Bharat boasted a new nose stud. Maccy had three studs and a ring in one ear and Amar had a stud in the corner of his upper lip.

Shantanu was horrified. What had they all done last night? What had he done to himself? He rushed to the bathroom mirror to check his reflection and sighed in relief when there was nothing too blatantly different in his appearance. Bleary eyes and dishevelled hair. No piercings.

Despite the searing pain in his head, he couldn't help but smirk at his friends when he returned to the living room. They glared back at him.

"I wouldn't be too happy if I were you," Amar scowled. "We can take our piercings out, but you can't undo what you've done."

Shantanu's face fell, "what? What have I done?"

He tried desperately to think back to the night before. There was a lot of music and dancing at the farewell party. Vrushika was dancing with some stupid, young AD and Shantanu guzzled tumbler after tumbler of scotch. That explained his memory loss, and the head ache. He wasn't much of a drinker really.

"We tried to stop you," Archie offered apologetically, "but you just had to call her. You weren't listening to anyone."

"Who?" Shantanu gulped nervously, dreading the response he could potentially receive. "Who did I just have to call?"

"Who do you think?" Bharat scowled.

The boys all stared at him pointedly.

Shantanu gulped again, "And what did I say?"

"Oh boy, you really don't remember anything do you?" Maccy grinned wickedly. He gestured towards his wrist, "See if that triggers anything."

Shantanu felt dizzy when he caught sight of his right wrist. He stared at the dark black ink stretched taut across his skin. It was a stark contrast to the pale colour of his wrist. He gasped, "No."

"Oh yes, you did," Maccy smirked evilly. "You called her up, and cried to her like a little girl."

"I love you!" Amar mocked him. "Please don't leave me. I've written your name into my destiny."

"I did not say that," Shantanu was beyond horrified. He couldn't have possibly said something so ridiculously cheesy. Even if he was drunk, he couldn't have said that to her. Could he?

"You're rather funny when you're drunk," Archie laughed. "We should do this another time. But how the hell did we even end up in a tattoo parlour?"

"Beats me," Maccy shrugged, pulling at his studs. "I just have to get rid of these before Sam sees me."
Shantanu sat there, still in his shocked stupor. He was barely even aware of what was happening around him.

Bharat felt sorry for him, "it's okay. She could tell you were drunk. She didn't take you too seriously."

For some absurd reason, the thought brought Shantanu little comfort. Part of him wished that she had taken him seriously. Part of him wished that she would be here right now, holding his hand and taking care of his headache.

He groaned and stared at his wrist again. His fingers traced across the eight letters, now permanently engraved into his skin and he felt himself give away to the darkness.

Vrushika.

Edited by Propinquity. - 8 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

QueenofGreen thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 4
Khizar_SWARON thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
res
Edited
Hangover style that is sooo laugable 😆
Piercing done by Vicky, Nil, Bharat 😆
Shan quickly went to the bathroom to check himself and felt relieved then came back to pull their legs but what 😉 it happened vice versa hehehehehe
hahhahaha well I did understand it
hahahahahah Shantanu saying like that even I can not imagine
hahahahhahahah 😆
Would like you to continiue 👏
Edited by Khizar_SWARON - 9 years ago
Aks_aKindSoul thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Wow that was really something! 😛
So not something that you'd expect happening in real life but your writing made it so believable!
I really loved how you've written it! You should write more often on VruShan!
P.s - if possible make a continuation part of this! 😳
Would love to read more of your work! 😊
964103 thumbnail
Nice writing!
Crisp and Clear! :)

About your doubt, everybody does that! Its not illegal or something!:)
Plus you have a disclaimer! ;)
Moreover it does not matter to anyone as it is called fan "FICTION" for a reason!:P

Keep it up! And update!:D
BhaviJas thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Amazing concept...reading on VruShan is really treat to my eyes...update soon...
VReSH thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Awesome piece of writing...
Would really like you to continue it 😉
you are really Good in portraying the Emotions so well...
Do Update the other S.S of urs "November" as well, when possible.. Waiting for the update!!! Keep writing 😊
VReSH thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Awesome piece of writing...
Would really like you to continue it 😉
you are really Good in portraying the Emotions so well...
Do Update the other S.S of urs "November" as well, when possible.. Waiting for the update!!! Keep writing 😊
Destiny_015 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Oh my god. _/\_
Gosh.
Generally I don't like reading offscreen VruShan fanfics.
But this one just got me hooked.
And oh man. This is really really good.
Firstly you have a very crisp writing style and you get hold of a reader easily.
I couldn't stop after reading the first line.
Great work there. Refreshing.
Looking forward to read some more.
BTW about your disclaimer its usually not allowed here on IF to write stuff on offscreen couple but in D3 forum its allowed. So you can very well carry on with this piece.
P.S: I guess you are the same VruShan VM maker in YT with the same username. Lady your works are WOW. _/\_ Love them absolutely.
Can I please get a PM when you update this next?
..MiStLeToE.. thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
This is great :D

I loved reading the whole thing :)

So peefectly written. . .Lolzzz i imagined wveryone with those pierceing. . .Horrible they look :P

Shantanu has engraved Vrushika's name...And said all those things...lolzzz!!!

I want to read further :)
Continue soon :)