Message from writer of Channa Mereya

njain16385 thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 2 years ago

Hello Guys,

As we all know CM has just completed 3 months from its launch date . And the pressure to increase the trp is on us ( the veiwer) .As from last few weeks trp is stagnant at .1,while on chaska meter CM is at rank 4. Channel ko sirf trp se matlab hai, show promote bhi tabhi hoga jab trp hogi. So plz without muting , changing the channel from 7 to 7:30 pm . Watch this show. Screenshot_2022-10-14-00-23-41-68_0b2fce7a16bf2b728d6ffa28c8d60efb.jpg

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

monsi08 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5

Well , I don’t understand this TRP … in today’s world of OTT / online app and everything , they can’t just rely on live tv TRP … I don’t have any channels and watch everything in Hotstar and other apps .. and I am sure many people doing it …

Trp made sense before but now it’s just a gimmick to bring people on tatasky or other channel providers !

Tv industry should understand this !

Bana thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: monsi08

Well , I don’t understand this TRP … in today’s world of OTT / online app and everything , they can’t just rely on live tv TRP … I don’t have any channels and watch everything in Hotstar and other apps .. and I am sure many people doing it …

Trp made sense before but now it’s just a gimmick to bring people on tatasky or other channel providers !

Tv industry should understand this !

Advertising revenue earned by the channels depends on TRPs. Hotstar etc also have ads, but advertisers still prefer & pay more for TV ads coz of the immense reach of TV esp in small town & rural India.

If a programme has high trps the channel can command higher ad rates. Channels are not in the business of entertaining us. They are in the business of earning profits by entertaining us.

Eventually as internet penetration & watching tv shows on the net increases, more advertising will flow to that & producers/ channels will give importance to OTT viewership.

Edited by Bana - 2 years ago
her_story thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5

How do people watch on TV if the channel is not available? Star Bharat is not even available on most networks, and the 7pm time slot is also terrible. They should just make it an OTT show🤔

shahsb_26 thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail + 8

Yaar, trp hamare haath nai hai.... Sach mein.. But only if they could focus on online hype for the show, it would be so much better!

shahsb_26 thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail + 8

Originally posted by: Bana

Advertising revenue earned by the channels depends on TRPs. Hotstar etc also have ads, but advertisers still prefer & pay more for TV ads coz of the immense reach of TV esp in small town & rural India.

If a programme has high trps the channel can command higher ad rates. Channels are not in the business of entertaining us. They are in the business of earning profits by entertaining us.

Eventually as internet penetration & watching tv shows on the net increases, more advertising will flow to that & producers/ channels will give importance to OTT viewership.

Funny thing is that trp boxes are also added in those remote areas🤪

And OTT ads charge very less... Per ad is like 25 cents, if viewers click they gets a dollar but for tv ads is a huge investment thing.... There is no option to show ads to only few people or whatever 😭