Ginni's On-Off Relationship with....

shahsb_26 thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail + 8
Posted: 2 years ago

Sindoor😆 it's so weird.. Like sometimes she has that visibly added on her forehead and it's thick and other times she doesn't wear... I am confused if makers are confused to give her proper relationship status ka idea...

Or was it that it's on only when Aditya applies it, like yesterday maybe he did and they cut it?

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Fiction-Lover thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: shahsb_26

Sindoor😆 it's so weird.. Like sometimes she has that visibly added on her forehead and it's thick and other times she doesn't wear... I am confused if makers are confused to give her proper relationship status ka idea...

Or was it that it's on only when Aditya applies it, like yesterday maybe he did and they cut it?

yes dont know whats with sindoor and mangalsutra…. kabhi pehente hain kabhi nahi… keep it same for daily…
illa8 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2

in Punjabi culture you don't always have to wear it, i'm Punjabi an my mom sometimes wears sindoor and mangalsutra and sometimes doesn't .....its not compulsory.

shahsb_26 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Fiction-Lover

yes dont know whats with sindoor and mangalsutra…. kabhi pehente hain kabhi nahi… keep it same for daily…

Exactly, it helps me track Ginni's progress 😆

shahsb_26 thumbnail

Originally posted by: illa8

in Punjabi culture you don't always have to wear it, i'm Punjabi an my mom sometimes wears sindoor and mangalsutra and sometimes doesn't .....its not compulsory.

It's more to do with iTv culture than anything in reality of actual culture 😆 In iTv, it becomes mandatory thing as identity of being married for women (not that I am big fan of it.. But that's the unfortunate truth) That's the case for many Punjabis on iTv.

I doubt it's mandatory in any culture, except one or two, in India. I am Gujurati and it's definitely not major deal for us either, yet we see Gujju families on iTv wearing it.

So, I don't mind wearing it regularly but it shouldn't be regular thing even after she confirms and accepts the marriage officially 😆and then we can say this show is presenting more realistic side of the culture.

somewhereover thumbnail
Anniversary 3 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Its not that common among Sikhs as mangalsutra and sindoor are generally not part of the wedding ceremony. But since AG had a hindu marriage, she wore it during the wedding and then the hospital scene was mainly to show Aditya accepted their marriage. I'm not sure why she wore it in the scene when she saves the dhaba. That one wasn't explained. I have a feeling she won't wear it much going forward. Some shows (mainly on Sony tv) haven't had their FL wear it that frequently but the norm is most do wear it even in shows where characters are Punjabis like Udaariyaan and there's another one on Colors too, forgot the name but starts with a P.

illa8 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: shahsb_26

It's more to do with iTv culture than anything in reality of actual culture 😆 In iTv, it becomes mandatory thing as identity of being married for women (not that I am big fan of it.. But that's the unfortunate truth) That's the case for many Punjabis on iTv.

I doubt it's mandatory in any culture, except one or two, in India. I am Gujurati and it's definitely not major deal for us either, yet we see Gujju families on iTv wearing it.

So, I don't mind wearing it regularly but it shouldn't be regular thing even after she confirms and accepts the marriage officially 😆and then we can say this show is presenting more realistic side of the culture.

Yeah, so true its not compulsory in any culture. I've always had a problem with how sindoor and mangalsutra signify a married woman but then why not have something to signify that a man is married right?