Why is bigamy treated so casually in ITV?

SecretShame thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 2 years ago

While we have all been criticizing the 'facepalm'-ish 🤦‍♀️ decisions that our leads have been making in recent episodes, after watching today's episode, I feel the award for the Most Facepalm Character goes to DAARJI!

However lame the reason, at least Aditya thinks SP is divorced and that's why decided to go ahead with the marriage. But Daarji? He hasn't seen those obviously fake divorce papers, so after listening to Ginni's side of the story, his first reaction should have been that this marriage cannot happen because SP is a married woman!!! It was hilarious to hear him defend Adi in front of Ginni by saying he was an adult and therefore he (Daarji) cannot impose his decisions on him. What about the fact that it's illegal!?? Why isn't anyone talking of that! The fact that a full grown adult like his Adi putt is deliberately taking part in an illegal act like bigamy doesn't even seem to cross Daarji's mind.

I detest this trope in ITV! It's one of those things that's always swept under the carpet. For the sake of plot convenience, people decide to ignore the illegal aspect of bigamy completely and only seem to raise moral objections. Even Ginni raised a thousand reasons on why this marriage shouldn't happen, but not once did she say it's against the law to do something like this. It's almost as if in ITV world law holds no relevance over matters like marriage, which is a completely wrong message to send to the audience.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

PerfectStart thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 5 Thumbnail + 2

Ginni doesn't have any actual proof that the papers are fake and what on earth made her think that she will successfully convince Daarji without a proof? Also, proof or no Adi believes blindly that dayan is telling the truth so Daarji would prefer Adi's words over Ginni's.

This is a disaster, Ginni would have let the wedding proceed without this nauseating swap and in the meanwhile invest her time in finding solid proofs against dayan which will reveal her true face, and Adi will not be considered married because dayan is already married to Ginni's useless brother so his marriage will be considered illegal.

A.

Namita-M thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5

A very good point!! ITV is full of bigamy!! Cheating is justified and swept under the rug!!

I can't stand cheaters reel or real!! This is a serious social issue along with being illegal!!

It should always be handled properly but it never is. I honestly doubt the moral integrity of the people writing and approving this crap to be shown on national TV!!

Ginni didn't mention divorce. Why do ITV and their characters conveniently forget to ask the valid questions. Adi, the smart character is believing everything bhagodi is said at face value. He didn't delve into the fact that she couldn't be pregnant or not with his child.

He simply focused on the baby and that was it. I honestly don't think Adi ever slept with bhagodi. In his bid to not be Ambar, he totally lost sight of the truth!!

There are better ways of presenting drama!!

FairyWings1234 thumbnail
Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Anniversary 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: PerfectStart

Ginni doesn't have any actual proof that the papers are fake and what on earth made her think that she will successfully convince Daarji without a proof? Also, proof or no Adi believes blindly that dayan is telling the truth so Daarji would prefer Adi's words over Ginni's.

This is a disaster, Ginni would have let the wedding proceed without this nauseating swap and in the meanwhile invest her time in finding solid proofs against dayan which will reveal her true face, and Adi will not be considered married because dayan is already married to Ginni's useless brother so his marriage will be considered illegal.

A.

@Bold: The show would shine if only they chose this instead of the stupid bride swap between Ginni and her sister-in-law. Goldie is completely useless and annoying; I wonder how he has such a stylish wife 🤓

Another thing is , Sam is Aditya's friend (if I am not wrong) , how in the world did she get married to jobless Goldie?

PerfectStart thumbnail

Originally posted by: FairyWings1234

@Bold: The show would shine if only they chose this instead of the stupid bride swap between Ginni and her sister-in-law. Goldie is completely useless and annoying; I wonder how he has such a stylish wife 🤓

Another thing is , Sam is Aditya's friend (if I am not wrong) , how in the world did she get married to jobless Goldie?

in bold: more mysteries🤣🤣🤣🤣

bring it on🤪🤣

A.

Namita-M thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5

Sam became Adi's friend in Canada!! So, by than bhagodi bhag gayi thi!!

Guess, she wants money and luxury. Can see how well Goldi & Bhagodi are suited to each other 🤣

PerfectStart thumbnail

Originally posted by: Namita-M

Sam became Adi's friend in Canada!! So, by than bhagodi bhag gayi thi!!

Guess, she wants money and luxury. Can see how well Goldi & Bhagodi are suited to each other 🤣

match made in hell😈🤣 Satan was kicked out of heaven but they both were kicked out of hell even🤣 and so they made others' life hell too on earth.

A.

shruti46 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7

Sam was simranpreet in India. Here she was typical desi girl with patiyala suit, long hair with paranda girl. Canadda jake change ho gayi.

You know how pooja becomes poo in K3G.

And she is not adi friend. They met in Canada. For him she was casual fling, for her hot munda with dher sara paise.

200% better than khotta sikka

Edited by shruti46 - 2 years ago
FairyWings1234 thumbnail
Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Anniversary 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: shruti46

Sam was simranpreet in India. Here she was typical desi girl with patiyala suit, long hair with paranda girl. Canadda jake change ho gayi.

You know how pooja becomes poo in K3G.

@Bold: Even that made sense as Pooja went abroad as a child of 10-11 years.

But Sam going to Canada out of all places make no sense to me and how did she have an encounter with Aditya

Edited by FairyWings1234 - 2 years ago
shruti46 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7

@Bold: Even that made sense as Pooja went abroad as a child of 10-11 years.

But Sam becoming friends with Aditya and even her going to Canada out of all places make no sense to me.

Sam are type of people who belive in show off and that doesn't require any age group.

They hadn't shown why she ran away but she ran after scaming 10-12 lakhs from her sasural. That major part of loan that was mentioned in 1st epi.

Don't know after shadi drama anyone will remember it anymore.

She must have met aditya there.