A few of my favorite things - Channa Mereya

somewhereover thumbnail
Anniversary 3 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 2 years ago

Leads are similar in age

I'm not sure how old Adi and Ginni are but both look around the same age group, give and take a few years. Niyati is 5 years younger than Karan in real life so not much of an age gap between co-actors. My guess is Adi and Ginni are in their mid 20s; both finished with their post secondary education. Both have family members thinking about their marriage and future. Gulabo wishes to find a sona munda for her Ginni and well, Amber and Supreet are ready to package up Adi in some deal. Darji is the only sensible one who wants Adi to take his time when it comes to Harnaaz. He advises him to keep an open mind which is great. Even with differences in social class and family values, both are at a similar stage in life and that's refreshing to watch.

Rich boy but wants to be self made

Same old "rich boy, middle class girl" troupe but here we have Adi who has no interest in his family business. He wants to do his own thing but isn't there yet. He hasn't accomplished much yet professionally but academically did well in his culinary arts degree and was a topper. Adi was close to accomplishing professional success with the country chef competition but alas. If only "family" wasn't a topic there. Surprisingly Ginni is the more successful running her father's dhaba and continuing his legacy. Yes she inherited the dhaba and the family business but she's done a great job running it and also expanding out to other business areas such as catering. The duality is interesting here. Adi wants nothing to do with his family business whereas Ginni's personal and professional life centers around the inherited dhaba.

Ginni not your typical heroine

Overall, I like the way the FL character has shaped up. Yes she has her typical ITV heroine moments here and there but I like how they've shown her to be self sufficient and intelligent. She believes in traditions and customs yet is savvy and bold when necessary. She embraces her mother tongue of Punjabi but also can speak English and that's not made to be a big deal. The character isn't so black and white, Ginni has a lot of different shades and doesn't fit into one mold or stereotype. She's street smart, she knew Adi was upto something with the contract and called him out on it immediately. She will pay for the hero's chai and then quips about some QR code when he asks for her phone number to make an online payment in return. 2022 heroine yup.

They touch and earth does not shake and shatter

Ginni and Adi have had moments of close proximity already. Their hands have touched several times but there was no big deal made of it. They do not like each other, love has a long long way to go and like normal people, their hands may occasionally brush and touch. When she returned his change to him at the dhaba, as an example. Even in my least favorite scene with him in the towel πŸ˜† talking about aukaad and ego, she looked him right in the eye and there was nothing romantic in that moment.

Chef profession

Even with the rich versus poor thing, both Adi and Ginni have similar passions for food and cooking. Both are chefs. The similarities are there. But the best part are the differences and how each approaches their art in their own way. I don't remember a recent itv show where protagonists belonged to the same profession. Thus far, the show is doing a good job of stressing the chef and cooking angle and developing the story with that as the backdrop. Hope it continues, it has potential to be a theme even after they fall in love. It can lead to a lot of interesting subplots, conflicts and moments in the future narration.

Edited by somewhereover - 2 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

PerfectStart thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 5 Thumbnail + 2

I also like the fact that ML doesn't go in helicopters or in huge cars but also use his bike and striving hard to become self made(which you have already mentioned), although I don't approve the ways he's using to achieve it and he's ever angry, more angrier than any ML ever seen on TV or I have not known, I haven't watched any show these years, I have even lost the count, anyway, so far I am liking his character a lot, he's like barbecue chicken crispy, hot and smoky above but inside soft and juicy and yet still there are bits that are way too much rude like when he said to ginni if she compares this with her face, by the way he was absolutely right in this, presentation makes impression and increases appetite so it's compulsory to pay attention to the presentation.

FL is a strong female and surrounded by lots of problems and financial crisis and Adi is the newest addition to these crisis, it's the second time she taunts him about family, mother and losing a competition, I think makers should give NF some new lines of taunts to Adi like some sort of an eye opener, Ginni doesn't realizes and nor does Adi that unknowingly he's helping her to become a better chef, remember when Ginni first time called Adi in the 2nd or 3rd episode he advises her to print menu cards for marketing??? I was thinking that Ginni will follow his advise but she doesn't.

Also why can't ginni wear jeans and kurti??? Are these kind of clothes incompatible with family values and traditions?? and why can't she also have straight hair like she have in her previous show, she looked really gorgeous, can't a girl cook and serve in jeans and kurti and the hair tied in a clean bun?? Don't know about the nation but I want to knowsmiley36

I know you made this post to mention what you like but forgive me for mentioning those things that I don't like, I couldn't stop myself, I love your post and your take, I also said in one of my previous replies that Ginni could have been far more successful if not for her problems than Adi is at the present, well as a matter of fact, Adi has nothing at this point except of the knowledge of problems and crisis ginni is in and he's using it all against her.

Regards

A.

Edited by PerfectStart - 2 years ago
mahiaana thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

One of The main thing i like /or watch this show for is - KW 🌚🌚🌚🌚

Jk! No not actually but

shruti46 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7

Biggest one for me is it's montage gave me vibes of early and real romantic shows era like DMG, IPK, Geet etc.

lovereading14 thumbnail
Most Liked (July 2022) 1 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 8

Originally posted by: shruti46

Biggest one for me is it's montage gave me vibes of early and real romantic shows era like DMG, IPK, Geet etc.

ahhh exactly the montage is what finally sold me to watch the show.

I like Wahi, I like Niyati. Promo's mein chemistry was also nice. But the montage gave old itv era vibes, ones when itv was at its peak. And I knew I had to give this show a shot.

lovereading14 thumbnail

This is so true! Very well written!

J2lover thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Great write up! Best part is, the show is about two Professionally WORKING individuals! Work isn't just a prop in the show! Its the THEME of the show! Usually, protagonists meet at work, but they never WORK!🀣

Or in another instance, one of the two is less qualified and motivates the other to go aheadπŸ€”

Here, equality is bang on!😎 Ginni is an entrepreneur, while aditya wants to be on his own!

shruti46 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7

Originally posted by: lovereading14

ahhh exactly the montage is what finally sold me to watch the show.

I like Wahi, I like Niyati. Promo's mein chemistry was also nice. But the montage gave old itv era vibes, ones when itv was at its peak. And I knew I had to give this show a shot.

I am not a fan of wahi, never seen any work of niyati but I was sold on the wahi expression when she says vyapar se bhi vadda pyar

lovereading14 thumbnail

Originally posted by: shruti46

I am not a fan of wahi, never seen any work of niyati but I was sold on the wahi expression when she says vyapar se bhi vadda pyar

Both of them are great actors, and they are proving that once again in CM! Plus their chemistry is top notch

Edited by lovereading14 - 2 years ago
somewhereover thumbnail
Anniversary 3 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

I tried to focus on the actual story/show but yes, Wahi and Fatnani are definitely a huge reason why I started to watch the show in the first place. I am not really familiar with Fatnani's past work but I really like her in CM. I've seen Wahi in some music videos and a bit in DMG.

Some people did not like the initial promo but I loved it and it sparked an interest to watch the show. I saw chemistry in that promo and what promised to be an intriguing story line.

Edited by somewhereover - 2 years ago