Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

piya2025 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 7
Posted: 2 years ago

Originally posted by: shruti46

I haven't watched episode just seen the precap and I read your post before you edited. Let me tell me you are not the only one. Like you said I am all for cliches but why Everyone wants to be sawariya. The towel has to be white.

And what's this obsession of showing him shirtless in Every other episode. Wahi himself posting jokingly abt director making him shirtless every other scene. I have seen that forceful hand holding scene in one of my favorite show. Guy was fully clothed yet you would drool on them. Chem doesn't need clothes or not.

May be it's fan service but I am not in it.

I didn't get to read the original post but I agree with it. I'm excited for tomorrow's epi but they can seriously stop all these show off stuff. I remember wahitalked about it in a show as well that how it gets uncomfortable after a while. + manhandling is not romantic.

For that scene it was highly inspired by sawariya. No doubt about it.

Edited by piya2025 - 2 years ago
somewhereover thumbnail
Anniversary 3 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: PerfectStart

Agree with every word.

I was expecting some light hearted moments if not totally comical but something to divert us from these six episodes of torture and torment and alteast taking one step forward to the original plot.

Going shirtless and manhandling is not hot🤔😡

BTW ginni was also wrong, let's say the whole scenario is extremely absurd, most of the absurdities you guys have already mentioned here's another one that lecturing a stranger about getting slapped by mother in childhood is way too personal.

A.

Yes she got too personal so she's wrong. Also her line/dialogue is so bad in that scene. It seems like he did really physically hurt in that scene though. i felt like he could have conveyed his point without getting physical. I really like KW, he has so much charisma but not sure the ultra angry man style suits him. The irritated / annoyed Adi is much more likable.

It seems like the week 1 episodes were shot a while back as a pilot week and this week's episode seem to be more recently shot.

somewhereover thumbnail

Originally posted by: piya2025

I didn't get to read the original post but I agree with it. I'm excited for tomorrow's epi but they can seriously stop all these show off stuff. I remember wahitalked about it in a show as well that how it gets uncomfortable after a while. + manhandling is not romantic.

The entire scene was not needed. Moreover Adi's aunt thinks Ginni is a maid and was incredibly rude to her. The same rich versus poor cliches.

somewhereover thumbnail

Originally posted by: shruti46

Aditya is 24*7*365 days angry man. I know you had difficult childhood but that doesn't mean you will be angry on everyone and everything

I am sorry to say I have resigned to the fact that if it's a love story of rich boy poor girl there will be manhandling, mentions of aukaat, low class.

Would I expect in real life NO, will I cringe/feel guilty/yet watch it for 20 min of entertainment-Yes

The first meetingscene had none of that yet was very entertaining to watch. I repeat watched it at least like 20-30 times. I think a scene can be entertaining, enjoyable yet not that offensive, if the creatives really want to try. However this is subjective and what I don't find offensive, someone else may. That being said, am I still watching the show? For now, yes with hopes of it coming back to track on the theme of cooking. But I definitely see the rich versus poor thing being a common theme and the family members will add more masala to the mix for sure.

shruti46 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7

Originally posted by: piya2025

Sawariya theme is most common theme in Itv. I think even actors know what they are doing seems to be silly but what they can do it's job.

Manhandling was romantic 10-12 years ago not now.

shruti46 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7

Originally posted by: somewhereover

The first meetingscene had none of that yet was very entertaining to watch. I repeat watched it at least like 20-30 times. I think a scene can be entertaining, enjoyable yet not that offensive, if the creatives really want to try. However this is subjective and what I don't find offensive, someone else may. That being said, am I still watching the show? For now, yes with hopes of it coming back to track on the theme of cooking. But I definitely see the rich versus poor thing being a common theme and the family members will add more masala to the mix for sure.

@exactly my thoughts I am watching it in hope of decent love story down the line. I will cringe at moments but still give them chance for a month or two.

PerfectStart thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 5 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: somewhereover

Yes she got too personal so she's wrong. Also her line/dialogue is so bad in that scene. It seems like he did really physically hurt in that scene though. i felt like he could have conveyed his point without getting physical. I really like KW, he has so much charisma but not sure the ultra angry man style suits him. The irritated / annoyed Adi is much more likable.

It seems like the week 1 episodes were shot a while back as a pilot week and this week's episode seem to be more recently shot.

I am actually really liking his ultra angry young man avatar and KW is doing extremely well, but what is frustrating and unacceptable that his anger goes physical with Ginni, he's not completely emotionally detached and the proof of it is the deep love he has for his mother, Daarji and care, if not deep for his younger Siblings/cousins which was evident when Gurleen's younger sister pleaded him to tolerate harnaaz for Gurleen's sake he faked a smile reluctantly though but he did, infact he's emotionally unstable but that doesn't give him the right to manhandle a female. His mother's absence torments him and evil memories with father haunts him and yet I find truth in Amber's words of him being a looser and is nothing without Singh surname to which he says he's his mother's son than why the arrogance??? If he's striving hard to become something and is OK without the Singh surname why he keeps reminding Ginni about her 'Auqaat'??? If you look or notice closely, Ginni would have had a better and stable financial position if not for her loans because she actually is the owner of the dhaba and is running it all these years to feed her family, but Adi doesn't own anything and when Daarji announces to put business in Adi's name both he and Amber were reluctant so he actually doesn't own anything and is actually begging for something so he can stand on something and call it is his own and ginni wants to continue his father's legacy to run the dhaba successfully and despite of all her financial problems she has something but Adi has nothing so I don't understand the logic of auqaat and haisayet dialogues every time by Adi I think it is not applicable here, not in this scenario if he was only being stubborn I could have understood it but I don't understand the reason of this arrogance and we should all admit it is a very big loophole in this story, ofcourse it is not Kw's fault but this should have been considered before the scenes were shot.

Next time if Adi reminds ginni of her Auqaat she should remind him about his auqaat. This would be more impactfull than manhandling and forced trip and falls scenes.

A.