Views

Users

Frequent Posters

PV_IFhandle thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 8 months ago

Originally posted by: Kyahikahoon

Looks like u r not impressed by the song

I haven't had time to peacefully listen and watch. Spike in work commitments.

PV_IFhandle thumbnail

I finally got some time to patiently watch and hear the latest song by Arunita and Pawandeep for Salim - Sulaiman, released on 12-Feb-2024. Titled Love Nahin Toh Kya Hai.

The composition and arrangement are very typical Salim - Sulaiman : catchy, peppy, with a certain zing. Some unique instrumentation is present in the background - and Salim has sometimes spoken on his IG about experiments he does with different instruments to create new sounds. A very contemporary feel to the music, and yet maintaining a connect with the type of music that Bollywood fans across generations love.

And he has experimented with the vocals as well. Arunita's vocals are very different from what we have heard so far, and far away from the "melodious songs" genre where she was bracketed during Idol. The song explores a very wide range and she comes out with flying colours. Salim Merchant had mentioned this in the teaser / promo video he posted, and now we can see (or hear) what he meant. Low pitch, high pitch, something in middle, vibratos, semi-classical notes, and so on. Singers like her must be a composers dream! Pawandeep has had an opportunity to show his range as well, and he too has done a good job. However, there isn't as much exploration of his range as of Arunita's.

The locations of the video are very scenic. My guess is these are coastal Maharashtra just south of Mumbai, or coastal Gujarat just north of Mumbai. But what really grabs the attention is that exactly 3 years after the first duet on Idol where these two suddenly transformed from strangers to blushing valentines, their interactions still seem to display the same freshness and innocence. It is hard not to smile inwardly and feel a warm glow while looking at them.

All in all, another enjoyable video and song.

But continuing to wish that all of this results in some big-time song recordings with Salim - Sulaiman, or anyone else who is paying attention!

PV_IFhandle thumbnail

Looks like u r not impressed by the song

Posted :)

Word Count: 1

Kyahikahoon thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail IPL 2024 Participants 2 Thumbnail + 4

Can very well fit in as a movie song ya?

About location..thought it's Goa

PV_IFhandle thumbnail

Can very well fit in as a movie song ya?

About location..thought it's Goa

Agreed, yes, can easily fit in as a song in one of the current movies.

Goa - okay, not too far from what I said about coastal Maharashtra :)

Kyahikahoon thumbnail

A msg for all Arunita fans ..In YouTube comments someone asked Salimji to give a solo song to Aru. He said "stay tuned".

Hopefully something coming up

altgr thumbnail

A msg for all Arunita fans ..In YouTube comments someone asked Salimji to give a solo song to Aru. He said "stay tuned".

Hopefully something coming up

Looking forward. Just hope it's not a generic/automated response from the team handling the YouTube channel.

Kyahikahoon thumbnail

Originally posted by: altgr

Looking forward. Just hope it's not a generic/automated response from the team handling the YouTube channel.

He has personally replied to many fan comments..and they don't seem generic.

See his insta post for Pawan

PV_IFhandle thumbnail

He has personally replied to many fan comments..and they don't seem generic.

See his insta post for Pawan

I really liked that one. Also in his earlier video he had high praise for Arunita too. Keh Do was 1 year ago, but in general I feel that he hasn't been promoting the other artists that appear on Merchant Records as much as he promotes these two. Once again I admit to having a biased view, but that's what I feel when I glance through his IG.

PV_IFhandle thumbnail

Arunita's new song on Times Spiritual. I am yet yo hear the full song but it sounds promising.

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C35MkC5PbLz/?igsh=ZXFnenB6NHBjcTF4