Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

PV_IFhandle thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 1 years ago

Shiv Stuti by Pawandeep and Arunita.

The video will be released around 11 AM on this link but the audio is out on streaming platforms.

Let's first talk about "stuti". I was expecting this to be the actual Shiv Stuti in Sanskrit, but that's not what this is. There is a chant in Sanskritized Hindi. Considering that the credits say "Lyrics: Traditional", I assume it is a Stuti that is commonly chanted in the Hindi speaking regions. This is then mashed up with the Garhwali traditional spiritual song "Dena Ho Ya", which Pawandeep sang briefly on stage during Idol 12 as a prelude to his performance in the Badshah episode.

The Stuti is sung by Pawandeep while the Dena Ho Ya is by Arunita. The music, programming is by Pawandeep.

The music is very soothing and yet had the appropriate mix of "thundering" sounds one would expect in a number dedicated to Shiv Stuti. Clearly Pawandeep has a great feel for what instrumentation to use at what time. We have seen that in his earlier songs, especially in Arunita's Babul.

Arunita takes a simple tune and takes it to great heights, as we have now come to expect. Pawandeep does a brilliant job of the chants. They are perfect foils for each other in this mashup.

Overall a great number. Its genre will not allow it to be a multi million view blockbuster, but fans will love this.

Now I hope there is a Bangla number coming during Durga Puja.

https://youtu.be/DvA1OxoGkbM

Edited by PV_IFhandle - 1 years ago
anoushka_113 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: PV_IFhandle

The video will be released around 11 AM on this link but the audio is out on streaming platforms.

Let's first talk about "stuti". I was expecting this to be the actual Shiv Stuti in Sanskrit, but that's not what this is. There is a chant in Sanskritized Hindi. Considering that the credits say "Lyrics: Traditional", I assume it is a Stuti that is commonly chanted in the Hindi speaking regions. This is then mashed up with the Kumaoni traditional spiritual song "Dena Ho Ya", which Pawandeep sang briefly on stage during Idol 12 as a prelude to his performance in the Badshah episode.

The Stuti is sung by Pawandeep while the Dena Ho Ya is by Arunita. The music, programming is by Pawandeep.

The music is very soothing and yet had the appropriate mix of "thundering" sounds one would expect in a number dedicated to Shiv Stuti. Clearly Pawandeep has a great feel for what instrumentation to use at what time. We have seen that in his earlier songs, especially in Arunita's Babul.

Arunita takes a simple tune and takes it to great heights, as we have now come to expect. Pawandeep does a brilliant job of the chants. They are perfect foils for each other in this mashup.

Overall a great number. Its genre will not allow it to be a multi million view blockbuster, but fans will love this.

Thanks for the review & tag. Waiting to watch….👍
Kyahikahoon thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail IPL 2024 Participants 2 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: PV_IFhandle

Let's first talk about "stuti". I was expecting this to be the actual Shiv Stuti in Sanskrit, but that's not what this is. There is a chant in Sanskritized Hindi. Considering that the credits say "Lyrics: Traditional", I assume it is a Stuti that is commonly chanted in the Hindi speaking regions. This is then mashed up with the Kumaoni traditional spiritual song "Dena Ho Ya", which Pawandeep sang briefly on stage during Idol 12 as a prelude to his performance in the Badshah episode.

Pls share the audio link

PV_IFhandle thumbnail
Kyahikahoon thumbnail

Thank you.

Pahadi feels. Eagerly waiting for the video

Edited by Kyahikahoon - 1 years ago
PV_IFhandle thumbnail

Originally posted by: Kyahikahoon

Thank you.

The video will just be animation of Shivji, is what I feel. An animation company has been mentioned in the credits, and their past releases have been like that.

PV_IFhandle thumbnail

Originally posted by: Kyahikahoon

Thank you.

And I heard it on loop on a flight. Totally worth it.

PV_IFhandle thumbnail

Correction: Dena Ho Ya is Garhwali, not Kumaoni.

Kyahikahoon thumbnail
anoushka_113 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: altgr

I was expecting some singers in IGT this time too as always. Anjali Gaikwad is there.

https://twitter.com/SonyTV/status/1685688528540463104?t=XEKfxh02Z-G1O2trLw9LMw&s=19

Thanks for the info & the link. That was a lovely rendition. Will now watch IGT , hope she wins this. 👍