Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

altgr thumbnail
Posted: 1 years ago

Originally posted by: SK2014

I think he also understood idol lost its charm completely. I really don't see any use of it to contestants. 13 seasons done and till now none of top 3 could make a name for themselves except one or two. I atleast expected some from II12. Going by PD craze I thought he would at least stay in limelight for some time but nothing happened. I had good hope on Arunita too going by her voice but she also lost her charm and lost her individuality completely. Iam not even sure where she is going now from career perspective. SMP I guess made her mind to stay busy with gigs back to back and studies. Hope she have a good back up plan post her studies. Nihal and Sireesha are only ones atleast trying to make their Ground. After couple of years people will forget most of them anyway. It's not really positive trend for upcoming talent. Irrespective of judges they need to find good tent who can survive in this competition.

Bold - I don't think that's the reason. Because condition of SRGMP has been much worse than Indian Idol in every department. I feel that Zee approached him first and he signed.

I do agree with your views about the singing career of contestants. Arunita & SMP are still very young and I am hopeful for them.

PV_IFhandle thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: SK2014

I think he also understood idol lost its charm completely. I really don't see any use of it to contestants. 13 seasons done and till now none of top 3 could make a name for themselves except one or two. I atleast expected some from II12. Going by PD craze I thought he would at least stay in limelight for some time but nothing happened. I had good hope on Arunita too going by her voice but she also lost her charm and lost her individuality completely. Iam not even sure where she is going now from career perspective. SMP I guess made her mind to stay busy with gigs back to back and studies. Hope she have a good back up plan post her studies. Nihal and Sireesha are only ones atleast trying to make their Ground. After couple of years people will forget most of them anyway. It's not really positive trend for upcoming talent. Irrespective of judges they need to find good tent who can survive in this competition.

Re. bold: Similar thoughts / anxiety from my side too. The following is what I posted on the Arunita thread yesterday.

---------------------------

I often wonder if she is taking the right path. And then I remember right or wrong is a matter of opinion in this case. As a fan of her art and talent, I want to hear more and more of her in mainstream music, want to see her succeed as much as, if not more than, Shreya Ghoshal. And I genuinely believe her to be capable of achieving that. But increasingly it appears that she seems to be smitten by the mountains and taking a more "retiring in the mountains" type of approach to life. Take what comes my way but don't fret too much if it isn't much, type of approach. That's how it appears from the outside, and I find it difficult to identify with that. I can accept that with reluctance, knowing that each individual has a right to choose their way of life. But I find it difficult to agree wholeheartedly with it.

On the other hand, maybe I am wrong. Maybe the fact that she looked really ill in many of those pictures in the past few months, but looks significantly better now, is an indication that she needed to take it a bit easy due to some illness. Maybe we will see her become a go getter once again now.

I can only wish her well as her fan. May she find what is right for her, and be at peace with it throughout her life.

---------------------------

PV_IFhandle thumbnail

"Maula" by Arunita teaser to be released at 11:11 AM tomorrow 12th July 2023

mickymouse21 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 3

Sireesha and her musician friend launched their own music label

Virgo original

https://www.instagram.com/p/CuZs0vnS2U9/?igshid=Y2IzZGU1MTFhOQ==

mickymouse21 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 3

Totally loved their attempt of Marathi trending song _ Madhumas

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CtwC6_BRboW/?igshid=Y2IzZGU1MTFhOQ==

PV_IFhandle thumbnail

Teaser of Maula by Arunita. Sounding really promising.

https://youtu.be/6dx3Ibtnxmk

Kyahikahoon thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail IPL 2024 Participants 2 Thumbnail + 4

Lovely..even her sister is such a good singer 💖

Kyahikahoon thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail IPL 2024 Participants 2 Thumbnail + 4

Aru has age by her side.. expecting her to do well

PV_IFhandle thumbnail

Originally posted by: Kyahikahoon

Aru has age by her side.. expecting her to do well

I sincerely hope so too.

Whatever path she chooses I just hope that in the long term she is at peace with it.