Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Briaahna thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 6 days ago

This was freaking fire 🔥🔥but yeah definitely not for everyone https://x.com/inoxmovies/status/1845472058886819923?s=46&t=vevCm3I0SGjUvmq-Bjkadg

OMG ...it is Rangan...smiley3...this seals the deal.....no need to listen to anyone now....smiley40

Clochette thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 5

This is the (positive) part relative to Alia's performance...and it makes me think why the director wanted to give this psychological portray of the heroine:

"The plot is a gender-reversal of Mahesh Bhatt’s Gumraah, where the heroine was imprisoned in a far-eastern country for possessing drugs and is saved by the hero. It is always fun to see how Alia will decide to do a role. Here, she plays Satya like a robot. The only time an emotional side emerges is when she’s with Ankur, and much later, when she befriends another Indian in this strange country. (As this fellow-Indian, Manoj Pahwa makes another strong case that he should be cast in just about every possible Hindi movie.) There’s a scene in prison where Satya is gasping for breath, and she tells a guard: “Ankur is my brother’s name.” Alia works this shortness of breath into that line reading in an utterly natural way that proves that she’s probably incapable of giving a soulless or boring performance."

Clochette thumbnail

BI, could you already watch the movie?...I really would like but it's not possible, I've to wait for OTT. It had been this "robot" part that gave me another idea about what I saw in the teaser & trailer...I hope this behaviour is explained through the storyline...

altgr thumbnail

#Jigra has underperformed in its opening weekend... The numbers should've been higher, much higher, especially considering that #GangubaiKathiawadi [2022] and #Raazi [2018] - both women-centric films starring #AliaBhatt - opened to significantly stronger numbers.

The issue with #Jigra lies in its urban-centric appeal, which limits its reach beyond a few major centres... This also explains the ordinary/dull response in mass circuits, where the film struggled to attract and connect with a broader audience.

Moving ahead, #Jigra has an uninterrupted run until #Diwali, providing an opportunity to recover the shortfall... However, for the film to secure a respectable *Week 1* total, it's crucial that the Monday to Thursday numbers stabilize and show consistency.

[Week 1] Fri 4.55 cr, Sat 6.58 cr, Sun 5.51 cr. Total: â‚ą 16.64 cr. #India biz. Nett BOC. #Boxoffice

1000114777.jpg

https://x.com/taran_adarsh/status/1845731532885164368?t=B-maJ4j_5lVjFlM1cD03KQ&s=19

Clochette thumbnail

Far too much negativity surrounds (and will impact) the movie and both the producers (Karan & Alia) through the (orchestrated or genuine) repercussions on social media.

Although I'm not sure for Karan, I think that Alia has more possibilities to recover from a 'failure'. I've watched enough of her roles to know that she has the potential (&talent) of a good mainstream actress.

Edit: I rarely like the memes (etc.) I get to watch here... and as for her role as Satya, I've to watch the movie to understand the emotional restraint of her performance...

(there is a certain thought in my mind since Brahmastra...)

Edited by Clochette - 6 days ago