Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

MyselfJ thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 1 months ago

Originally posted by: pathaka

Dunno I’m a bit tired of alias performative “award acting”…she seems less like she’s playing a character and more like she wants to advance her career / get awards ..this might be a problem with most of the actresses these days including bhumi, tapsee , Kriti, , Samantha etc …there seem to be very few who play the role as needed without the “Dekho main acting kar rahi hoon” artificiality…

Nitya menon recently won a national award for thiruchitrambalam where she legit plays generic , cliche rom com female lead …but everyone thought she deserved it coz it was the most seamless acting seen in that genre..

it’s important to do the job right and serve the movie, and not just worry abt the marketability of it / how it will serve ur career …I feel like ppl lose track of that these days coz they are soo busy wanting to “get a national award” over wanting to deliver a good film going experience

So beautifully put.Its actually happening these days and that example of Nithya Menon in Thiruchitrabalam is very apt.

IAmLuvBolly thumbnail
Visit Streak 750 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 8

Originally posted by: Autumnn

What was missing was brother sister scenes in the teaser. There was hardly any. With that song playing they should have shown more brother sister scenes. It would have connected more. Only first dialogue tells us it is about siblings story. Otherwise Vedang Alia scenes except one were not there. It seem more like an action movie than brother sister story.

Basically if you put a good song with clips it is gonna be liked cos song words + music brings out emotions but they should have attached more of Alia Vedang scenes to those for connection to the song.

I think that was intentional. They just wanted all the focus on Alia and her acting. Unfortunately her acting is Gangu dialogue delivery with Dear Zindagi wardrobe, but I digress. Vedang definitely has screen presence from the few seconds we saw of him so that’s probably another reason to keep him out of the teaser. The marketing and PR message so far is that this is an Alia movie through and through. Now let’s see if the trailer will have a different approach.

Kaya65 thumbnail
Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 5

Teaser was amazing. Vedang has a great voic😲

RaniPreityAish thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: Shaitan-Haiwan

Really good point. This looks very “beta nachke dikao vibes”.

I don’t see the “sister”, the character, it looks like a show reel of Alia, trying to audition for something.

I think she tried to go for the dead-pan thing but it’s not looking good.

The hype is just not there. 100 PR Tweets mean nothing. Only Alia fans post curated tweets to generate fake hype smiley36and leave out the ones the criticize the trailer

Kalank was made as an audition tape for Bhansali to prove Alia could fit into his aesthetic. I'm wondering now if Jigra has a similar purpose and if so, who is this movie being made for so they accept Alia? Is it a test run for Alpha?

MostlyHarmIess thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Waaaaaaaay too long for a teaser. Looks well polished but also very bland for Vasan.

Minionite thumbnail

Sarcastic Chatterbox

Originally posted by: altgr

There's no competition on my part. I hardly post on the Bollywood forum these days.

From what I could understand of the mentioned rule, a thread should only be opened when the teaser/trailer/song is actually released, which in this case was at 11 AM IST on 8 September. If I misunderstood, I think the moderators should explain the rule more clearly to avoid any such issues in the future.

No that is correct. But in this case, Dharma did post the video with a "launching" message and we aren't being picky about those types of things so it counts as having been "released". It was the same link, just not made live until a specific time.

MJ_1009 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 5

nice trailer. alia did good. could've released during raksha bandhan but nonetheless, it was a decent trailer. vedang also did his part well. couldve shown bit more sibling bond but lets see.

Edited by Chemcart_MJ - 1 months ago
JeanieBeanie thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: pathaka

Dunno I’m a bit tired of alias performative “award acting”…she seems less like she’s playing a character and more like she wants to advance her career / get awards ..this might be a problem with most of the actresses these days including bhumi, tapsee , Kriti, , Samantha etc …there seem to be very few who play the role as needed without the “Dekho main acting kar rahi hoon” artificiality…

Nitya menon recently won a national award for thiruchitrambalam where she legit plays generic , cliche rom com female lead …but everyone thought she deserved it coz it was the most seamless acting seen in that genre..

it’s important to do the job right and serve the movie, and not just worry abt the marketability of it / how it will serve ur career …I feel like ppl lose track of that these days coz they are soo busy wanting to “get a national award” over wanting to deliver a good film going experience

This is why I can never enjoy Alia's performances. She always looks like she's acting and saying "look at me! look at my acting! isn't it amazing?!" rather than being the character she's playing. She never really disappears into her roles. Always looks rather superficial, lacking a certain rawness and organic quality to her performances. In this trailer, she's fine and appears to be competent enough to not be bad, but that's it, it's nothing spectacular, because it's obvious to me she's acting instead of being. Compare that to Kangana in Emergency (ignore the noise about her for the sake of my point for a sec), specifically the last dialogue in the trailer, and you see what I mean.

Edited by JeanieBeanie - 1 months ago
JeanieBeanie thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

The production quality looks amazing though. There's a certain grounded, earthiness about the direction and cinematography. It's not ott or gritty, nor is it hard hitting. It makes it believable that Alia could be involved in and doing those action scenes. That believability is all thanks to the director. Alia is no over-the-top action star, so something like Heart of Stone (and likely YRF's movie) makes her look completely out of her element, but Vasant Bala grounds the surroundings and narrative enough to make Alia look in-place.

VirginiaPlath thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: IAmLuvBolly

I think that was intentional. They just wanted all the focus on Alia and her acting. Unfortunately her acting is Gangu dialogue delivery with Dear Zindagi wardrobe, but I digress. Vedang definitely has screen presence from the few seconds we saw of him so that’s probably another reason to keep him out of the teaser. The marketing and PR message so far is that this is an Alia movie through and through. Now let’s see if the trailer will have a different approach.

Honestly he made Archies somewhat bearable for me it's not that he had much to do because Zoya made sure the entire focus was always on Shweta didi ka betasmiley36 and Suhana, Khushi but this guy still managed to steal the show from everyone somehow thanks to his screen presence. Even for Jigra on social media I am seeing the legit comments are mostly about his singing surprising people and how they wished there was more of Vedang.

I swear Aloo come on, for once keep your insecurity aside and let me see more of this good looking guy, we don't get many of those let alone outsider😭smiley36, though highly unlikely coz especially after Stree 2 and her own series of underperfomers she's desperate to prove a point