Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

I_M_SultaN thumbnail
Posted: 2 months ago

Originally posted by: cougarTown

what will happen to my subscription for disney..? i have it till next year..what does that even mean? ill lose content from it? guess jio cinema is not available / banned in gulf..same like voot

smiley36 genuis disney plus n disney hotstar is two different otts
MostlyHarmIess thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Hotstar was the only worthwhile thing Disney got out of the Fox Merger. But they have been bleeding subscribers ever since they lost the IPL rights, so it was only a matter of time.

MostlyHarmIess thumbnail

Originally posted by: DivineAngel

How does that work? Disney hotstar app design and functions are better than jio cinema app. Disney has a lot more content, shows as well.

Usually in these mergers, they keep both apps live for a while, and then they merge it into one platform. Most likely Jio will fold into Disney's design and then rename it to Jio Hotstar or whatever.
Mages thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 9 Thumbnail + 7

Originally posted by: MostlyHarmIess

Usually in these mergers, they keep both apps live for a while, and then they merge it into one platform. Most likely Jio will fold into Disney's design and then rename it to Jio Hotstar or whatever.

I agree they will merge it. But for that jio has to go worldwide like hotstar. Hotstar is available worldwide & Jio is only limited to india. It does not make sense that they merge and than hotstar is no more available worldwide because jio merge and they have their limit only access to india. So both comes to a decision to just follow jio since they will be major stakeholders and this is going to be loss for hotstar. It does not make sense such a big company but jio does not want to expand worldwide when hotstar sony sunNext zee5 amazon netflix did worldwide and gain more profit. Its only voot & jio not available worldwide

Edited by Mages - 2 months ago
capricornrcks thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

This is bad news.I binge-watch old itv series.Jio always hangs while Hotstar is so good.Easy to search,go to my favorite episode...the whole works.

MostlyHarmIess thumbnail

Originally posted by: Mages

I agree they will merge it. But for that jio has to go worldwide like hotstar. Hotstar is available worldwide & Jio is only limited to india. It does not make sense that they merge and than hotstar is no more available worldwide because jio merge and they have their limit only access to india. So both comes to a decision to just follow jio since they will be major stakeholders and this is going to be loss for hotstar. It does not make sense such a big company but jio does not want to expand worldwide when hotstar sony sunNext zee5 amazon netflix did worldwide and gain more profit. Its only voot & jio not available worldwide

I would assume the merger is only for the Indian markets, and Disney would keep the SEA and Middle East markets under the Disney name.

Though if Jio did want to expand, buying Hotstar in these areas is easier because they don't have to figure out licensing for content and permits.

ImaginativeGirl thumbnail
Anniversary 5 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Works for me. I wanted to watch some of Jiocinema content, but was not ready to subscribe. This would help as I do have a subscription to Hotstar.

priya185 thumbnail

Comedy Crew

Hotstar is better quality and more enjoyable to watch than jio. Unless jio works worldwide after the merger global customers won’t be happy

VintageWine thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: DivineAngel

How does that work? Disney hotstar app design and functions are better than jio cinema app. Disney has a lot more content, shows as well.

I agree, jio is so cluttered and all over the place. It's like a sabzi mandi.