Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

e1t53e thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 2 months ago

Originally posted by: RaniPreityAish

Why is this list conveniently ignoring Sadak 2, the most disliked movie on YouTube of all time? Brahmastra which literally has bankrupt KJo's Dharma. Both of them are two of the biggest box office disasters of all time.

Let's not forget the mega flops that were Kalank and Shaandaar.

Pun totally unintended.😆

5 words why? 😩

RaniPreityAish thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: hotchoco

This is so clownish.

You do know genre affects how movies open and how much the end goal can be, right?

A romcom will never open like a superhero movie will even if it stars the same actor.

Some crappy action movie with Tiger will obviously open bigger than a small slice of life film.

And that applies to every single actor, not just Shraddha and Alia.

This is really silly logic. You do realize that romantic musicals ruled the box office for basically two decades. Some of the highest grossing movies of all time are HAHK, DDLJ, KKHH and Raja Hindustani, all romantic musicals. DDLJ and Raja Hindustani have maybe 1-2 action scenes tops. QSQT and Chandni revolutionized the film industry and Chandni in particularly had absolutely no action scenes. BTW that was a female-led film.

Actors can transcend genre and regularly have done so when they are true stars. Alia has never even been in the highest grossing movie of the year, either in India or overseas. She doesn't have one single blockbuster film driven on her name.

Shaitan-Haiwan thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 12 Thumbnail + 8

Why are people really pretending RRR is an Alia movie? These same Alia fans are the first to diss Deepika in Jawan and Kalki 2898 AD and claim she does not deserve credit for those films because she was just a special appearance. Never mind that Deepika's role in Jawan eclipsed that of the lead actress and she was one of the most memorable parts.

Meanwhile, Alia's two-bit role in RRR barely had screentime and completely lacked screen presence. Nobody remembered her or cared for her but her PR was making it out to be such a pivotal role prior to the film's release. This double standard never ceases to astound me.

OMG. I’m dying of laughter smiley37you just destroyed them all with this line, hahahaha now they’ll all go into hiding until tomorrows toolkit is out

Originally posted by: Shaitan-Haiwan

Only in delulu land is RRR an Alia film smiley37my god the sheer desperation, to throw all her good work away for a special appearance that no one cares about. How depressing smiley28

Tough times. Hang in there k?

If Stree 2 is working because Shraddha......so yes RRR worked because of Alia....smiley36

Why are people really pretending RRR is an Alia movie? These same Alia fans are the first to diss Deepika in Jawan and Kalki 2898 AD and claim she does not deserve credit for those films because she was just a special appearance. Never mind that Deepika's role in Jawan eclipsed that of the lead actress and she was one of the most memorable parts.

Meanwhile, Alia's two-bit role in RRR barely had screentime and completely lacked screen presence. Nobody remembered her or cared for her but her PR was making it out to be such a pivotal role prior to the film's release. This double standard never ceases to astound me.

So you mean to say that only the people who are saying that Stree2 is a BB because of Shraddha can be silly??? I brought a sillier version........smiley37smiley37...like they say......when in Rome...do as the Romans do......smiley37smiley37......so Stree2 belongs to Shraddha and RRR belongs to Alia....baat barabar...smiley16

RaniPreityAish thumbnail

One other thing I want to point out is that Alia's flops have never been just mere flops. Her flops have always been so disastrous and colossal that they literally impacted the industry for the worse.

Brahmastra has taken down PapaJo's empire. He is begging people to buy shares because he needs the money.

Before Brahmastra, there was Kalank. KJo wanted his next directorial to be Takht, an epic period film. Kalank was such a massive disaster that KJo had to cancel Takht, which coincidentally also featured Alia in the cast. Her one movie brought down another one also meant to star her and actual A-Listers. Sensing a pattern here since Brahmastra's failure means its sequel was also shelved.

And let's not even get started on Sadak 2 which will forever grace the Guinness Book of World Records as the most disliked film trailer of all time on YouTube. That is the only record Alia has ever genuinely broken, with no PR necessary.

I'm not even going to get started on how it's well documented that her BO records for Raazi were heavily inflated because KJo wanted to promote her as the only female star that can headline her own movie...which we are actually seeing now with Shraddha. No PR backing her up though so this is a genuine hit. The state of the industry has gotten so bad because of KJo and Alia's antics that now actors have to regularly comment on when their films are genuinely accepted by the public to become real blockbusters. Ameesha Patel called Gadar 2 "Hindustan ki asli blockbuster."

https://www.hindustantimes.com/entertainment/bollywood/sunny-deol-ameesha-patel-celebrate-1-year-of-gadar-2-box-office-tsunami-hindustan-ki-asli-blockbuster-101723370163058.html

Parineeti said Chamkila "is not a PR hit; it is not a fake hit. It has been a film that is actually liked by people."

https://www.koimoi.com/bollywood-news/parineeti-chopra-claims-amar-singh-chamkila-wasnt-a-fake-pr-hit-it-has-been-a-film-thats-actually-liked/

This distinction of fake PR hit vs real hit is also thanks to Alia so another thing she has done to the industry because her flops weren't bad enough, her "hits" were never clean hits and always made-up. Now we can't even trust the numbers we get from the industry anymore because of her and her benefactor.

WOW....so Alia's disasters were real and her successes were inflated......smiley37smiley37....That is why I am saying.......when you can't fight them....join them......so here goes once again....RRR is Alia's movie........smiley37

BTW writing essays doesn't change anything....smiley36

RaniPreityAish thumbnail

Originally posted by: blue-ice.1

So you mean to say that only the people who are saying that Stree2 is a BB because of Shraddha can be silly??? I brought a sillier version........smiley37smiley37...like they say......when in Rome...do as the Romans do......smiley37smiley37......so Stree2 belongs to Shraddha and RRR belongs to Alia....baat barabar...smiley16

Let me say this. I had never even heard of Stree or Stree2 before. I only heard of Stree2 because I kept seeing social media and forum posts on Shraddha's blockbuster hit. Before I even heard there was something called Stree2, I was only aware of this film as that it was a Shraddha-starred film. This means the public and media are all calling this her film and they wouldn't say that if she was just a supporting cast. I learned about Stree2 because it was a Shraddha film and I'm not even a Shraddha fan and have rarely seen her movies. So I have no particular bias for her.

In every poster and picture of this film, I see Shraddha's face, front and center. Even larger and more central than Rajkummar Rao's face. I can promise you that nothing with RRR ever had Alia's face front and center and larger than everyone else. If you want to talk about a Hindi actress whose face was front and center of a South epic film, then that is the one and only Aishwarya Rai.

And I want to point out that her haters on here are always quick to claim that Aishwarya had nothing to do with Ponniyin Selvan's two-part success. Never mind that she is the main villain and everything in the plot hinges on her. The cliffhanger ending of Part 1 is centered on Aish. That her name is top-billed after the male hero and in Hindi marketing campaigns especially, they don't even bother to show the rest of the cast. They only show Aishwarya's face and name. But even in the South, she is centrally pictured in all the posters and marketing campaign for the films. If you want to praise a Bollywood actress for her massive role in a South film, please pick a real actress like Aishwarya because the way this forum sleeps on her just to stan mediocre "talent" like Alia is super disconcerting.

Why have I never seen any RRR Hindi marketing campaign solely hinging on Alia's face and name? There are even articles from her fans about how RRR's cameo felt underwhelming after her lead role in Gangubai (I will refrain from posting about how that's a PR manipulated hit as well). So your own fandom is admitting that RRR was just a glorified cameo that amounted to nothing.

Shaitan-Haiwan thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 12 Thumbnail + 8

Originally posted by: blue-ice.1

If Stree 2 is working because Shraddha......so yes RRR worked because of Alia....smiley36

Thanks for the good laugh! smiley37

Originally posted by: Shaitan-Haiwan

Thanks for the good laugh! smiley37

See you are making me laugh since yesterday.....I just returned the favor.....smiley37