Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

TorinoPasta thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 2 months ago

Originally posted by: MiVida_Messi

Why are you connecting 2 completely different topics? For once we can stop harassing people who are raising the voices and focus on the main topic here 'JUSTICE'. I am a woman, I have loved countless movies with psychopathic leads, but does that mean I am hypocrite? Praising a film maker is no way equating to what you are quoting him on, also just to be clear Hrithik praises every movie that releases, even a small B-list movie he will review and praise.

I like him as an actor but a guy talking about how things have to change at the ground level cannot be the same guy hyping a film like that. He needs to introspect.

TorinoPasta thumbnail

Originally posted by: Bleue

Well said. These are the same people who blame bollywood and films for all the evils in society as if if you ban films, crime and criminal would cease to exist.

Even if it impacts 0.00001 % it matters. Recently watched a video of kids in a rural area saying they eat gutka coz they watch film stars do it and think its cool. The reporter was left astounded.

MiVida_Messi thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: TorinoPasta

I like him as an actor but a guy talking about how things have to change at the ground level cannot be the same guy hyping a film like that. He needs to introspect.

@bold: Are you serious? I think I cannot argue here, because I am just baffled that for you calling Hrithik a hypocrite hold more gravity than the actual topic? WOW, at least he is doing his job as a film star and as a celebrity, unlike many people who sleep well at night thinking they won internet wars.

TorinoPasta thumbnail

@bold: Are you serious? I think I cannot argue here, because I am just baffled that for you calling Hrithik a hypocrite hold more gravity than the actual topic? WOW, at least he is doing his job as a film star and as a celebrity, unlike many people who sleep well at night thinking they won internet wars.

The topic was about Hrithik's tweet and hence I put out what I thought. I do not think anyone here thinks filmstars 's opinion holds more importance than the actual gruesome incident. I believe he is a thinking actor, a sensitive guy, hence my expectation from is not to give validation to a director like Vanga and the kind of films he makes .

Strangers02 thumbnail

Priety Zinta posted about it too...I didn't feel like posting because I was feeling sick mere by reading...what kind of horror the girl must gone through...!!!!!🤢

https://www.instagram.com/p/C-r4vTGRRGV/?igsh=ZXA4anA1a2YxeDFm

I hope this is not just chaar din ka halla in social media like everytime..our memory is short lived.. today we say things, tomorrow the same thing just rinse and repeat... I HOPE NOT...

Aisi dardnaak saza mile un darindo ko, agli baar koi aur aise vaishipan karne se pehle sau baar soche..😖

RaniPreityAish thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3

The only BW celebrities who spoke about it is Hrithik, Aysuhman and Alia, at least someone should have raised the voice.

No, a few others have as well including Parineeti Chopra, Preity Zinta, and Swara Bhasker. I'm sure some others I haven't seen yet either. What people are pointing out is that many have only spoken out today and they find that odd because they waited so long. I know Alia and Parineeti spoke yesterday and Swara Bhasker has been tweeting since it happened.

Shaitan-Haiwan thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 12 Thumbnail + 8

Absolutely disgusting, inhumane, terrifying, sad and numbing. I don't even know what to say.....

This shows no one is safe. To think that this happened to a doctor of all people, who are literally angels on this planet trying to save OTHERS.

RaniPreityAish thumbnail

Originally posted by: priya185

Alia also spoke about this she is right the law of the land should change not women https://www.instagram.com/p/C-qGT1qTYDe/?igsh=MXFodmZpMnlmc3pxMg==

I agree. I'm glad that she's exploring the different facets of this and how one important issue that most people never seem to touch on is the WHY. Why does this always happen and what is so fundamentally wrong about this society that this is such a pervading issue.

I think one major problem is that the onus is always put on women. I think back to the roundtable between actresses a few years ago when Rani demonstrated the dominant mentality that most of society believes: that it's up to the woman to learn to protect herself and the onus is on her to change, not men who act this way. So I'm glad Alia is still pointing out that no, it's not the women who need to change. We need to change our school of thinking in how these men are raised to believe they have a right to do this without any impunity.

That being said, I'm seeing many comments on her Instagram post about how films like Animal are responsible for this and I do hope she takes those comments to heart and tells her husband that there's no reason to make such films. They are dangerous and only embolden men out there who saw that film as a win that they're in the right all along.

DivineAngel thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Fantasy Force

CBI has found her diary. It says, she was unhappy working there. I hope they find some evidence.

RaniPreityAish thumbnail

Originally posted by: JayaBachan

This is where I wish citizens could take matters into their own hands, especially the family members of the victim. If that was my relative, I wouldn’t ever be satisfied by a mere hanging. Sometimes inmates in jail uphold justice better than the legal system. The way these rapists get punished in jail by fellow inmates is satisfying. Wish the court of law learned a thing or two from them.

I believe this too. It confuses me too because so many Indian movies have made a point that there is no justice in the system and until we one day get reform (if that day ever comes), it's up to the citizens and vigilante justice. We praise and cheer this line of thinking in movies but we never see it in real life. Films like Mardaani, Jawan, and Damini have civilians taking justice in their own hands because they know the culprits will get off scot-free otherwise. The rapist in Mardaani who sells underage girls into prostitution gleefully taunts Rani about how "yeh India hai." He'll never be found guilty. And Rani, a police officer, acknowledges that "yeh India hai" which is why she can also get away with sitting back and letting all those girls kill him with their own hands. What a satisfying ending but why can't it be reality?

Edited by RaniPreityAish - 2 months ago