Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

style14 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 2 months ago

Watched it and I am disappointed.smiley21

With the rise of Netflix and Amazon, watching movies at the theater has been limited for me. However I was excited after reading good reviews/box office collections as I had enjoyed first installment of Stree but it just wasn’t up to the mark.

*May have Spoilers*

At the beginning of the movie, Raj & DK were credited as the original writers of Stree whose characters are being used in Stree 2 under a different writer. It seems Raj & DK had a fallout with producer Dinesh Vijan due to which they decided to part ways. Even though Stree 2 continues to make box office collection history, I am sad that the standard of writing has been compromised. Raj & DK – your storytelling is sorely missed and I am not at all interested in Stree 3 now.

This film works due to the 4 ensemble male cast members. Raj, Pankaj, Aparshakti and Abhishek are good, and their rapports manages to bring in many laughs/scares but you can only do so much when script is weak. Shraddha looks beautiful you cannot deny that, but that’s it. She has limited dialogs, same expression plastered everywhere and gets to do some action. Honestly, anyone could have played her part and they tried to create mystery around her character, but I was bored.

Story is weak and it was pushing viewers to SarKata’s plot without any sense. Desperate need to formulate a story just to appease the audience who were anticipating a sequel after an unexpectedly entertaining first movie. I know we can’t expect logic in such movies, but it was just senseless. People not realizing girls in the village are missing/abducted for years, Janna watching Sarkata’s underworld like a live TV broadcast, Raj and Shraddha merging to enter Sarkata’s underworld (inspired from Stranger Things I presume) and many more. They were trying to defeat Sarkata without any proper direction. At the end (which was dragged), it was Sarkata VS Stree (who came back after Shraddha’s one scream) and no one else was needed.

Merging in Bhediya story line and Varun-Abhishek scene at the forest in the end was annoying. Akshay’s cameo was brought it just to share one line of prophecy. So unnecessary. They compensated Shraddha’s lack of screen space with two songs in end credit smiley11. Why the second song with Raj and Varun?Just to show her as a glamorous Bollywood actor. They only needed to show Akshay’s scene at the end to confirm Part 3.

Stree 2 was made to monetize the hype created by Stree 1. smiley21

Rating: 1.5 stars.

Maroonporsche thumbnail

Originally posted by: I_M_SultaN

Dhawan >>>>>>>>>>>> akki saar cameo

I’m glad someone likes Varun Dhawan in something smiley36
Maroonporsche thumbnail

https://www.addatoday.com/2024/08/stree-2-box-office-collection-worldwide-india-overseas-2.html?m=1 Day 6 Expectation: The film is expected to do a net business of over ₹20 crore on Day 6.

Clochette thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: style14

I just quote what is the most important to me:

......Even though Stree 2 continues to make box office collection history, I am sad that the standard of writing has been compromised. Raj & DK – your storytelling is sorely missed and I am not at all interested in Stree 3 now....

As I don't rate movies, 'stars' are not important to me...but I can relate to certain disappointments.

Maroonporsche thumbnail

https://x.com/taran_adarsh/status/1825765143659090276?s=46&t=gqwFCxRkfHkicr6DF8egng

#Stree2 continues its triumphant run, remaining UNSHAKABLE at the #BO... Displays spectacular hold on a partial holiday [Day 5; #RakshaBandhan], following a glorious 4-day *extended* weekend.

#Stree2 has already crossed the *lifetime biz* of #Fighter and is on track to surpass the *lifetime biz* of #Kalki2898AD [#Hindi version] in *Week 1* itself, thus emerging the HIGHEST GROSSING *HINDI* FILM OF 2024.

It's a bit early to estimate the *lifetime biz* of #Stree2 , given its exceptional trending... With no signs of slowing down, ₹ 400 cr is well within reach and even ₹ 500 cr cannot be ruled out.

[Week 1] Wed previews 9.40 cr, Thu 55.40 cr, Fri 35.30 cr, Sat 45.70 cr, Sun 58.20 cr, Mon 38.40 cr. Total: ₹ 242.40 cr. #India biz. #Boxoffice

Clochette thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 5

Sacnilk (India net):

Day 5 [1st Monday] ₹ 38.1 Cr
Total₹ 229.55 Cr (estimated)

Worldwide (gross) Collection ₹ 322.5 Cr

Actually, I don't care about what movies Stree 2 will surpass...I don't think that the success is because of the movie's quality but because of the first one, a good entertainment factor additional to the promoted hype and some really good ensemble performances.

However, I'm happy for those who get entertained and don't regret to having gone to watch it in a theatre (it's made for that smiley1).

To add: no, it's n o t a female centric movie (despite the title) and no hype of Shraddha can make it one (imo).

Edited by Clochette - 2 months ago