Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

423728 thumbnail
Posted: 2 months ago

I could happily tackle Aishwarya Rai down (with pillows cushioning our fall coz I still love her) out of frustration. NOBODY wants to see you paired opposite that toad looking husband of yours. Jesus woman, I only wanted one goddamn happy ending movie with SRK and you had to compromise for the sake of your loser husband’s fragile ego. đŸ˜«

Terenaina thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

Dp suppose to debut with happy new year, it was last minute decision farah decided to make oso instead. Great decision by farah. Dp in oso was a dream look, act and dance. Dp is not a trained dancer and she was amazing in it. If dp got half of the training or days of dancing that other talentless actresses got, she would’ve been the best. Aish and srk pairing would’ve been good to see.

fazgostoso thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3

Why do I care about Bahurani's rejections?
She is a hasbeen now.

Who cares?

Jazzkapur thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: Terenaina

Dp suppose to debut with happy new year, it was last minute decision farah decided to make oso instead. Great decision by farah. Dp in oso was a dream look, act and dance. Dp is not a trained dancer and she was amazing in it. If dp got half of the training or days of dancing that other talentless actresses got, she would’ve been the best. Aish and srk pairing would’ve been good to see.

what are u saying? Difference between om shanti om n happy new year was 7 years
Ranjali thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: cougarTown

Was she really offered the role? i mean..may be she was asked to drop 15kgs and she got offended or couldn't do so..i mean the role was glamorous AF and tbh i don't think she would have pulled out kamli in the weight she was in post Aaradhaya..i am not fat shaming her..it is not that she was offered kahani..i mean the role was of a dancer who is extremely hot and sexy..aish is a much better dancer than dp can ever dream of..but she would have required a lot of work to get in shape for it and we all know aish loves her food and she doesn't workout..that must have been or could have been one of the reasons?

True... Aishwarya is a way better dancer than DP. DP has glamour but lacks dancers grace. If Malaika being a mom in her 40's can dance why can't Aish? Why is Aish so lazy when it comes to excercise and dietsmiley13

Sparkling_Wine thumbnail
Anniversary 3 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 1 months ago

That's typical Ash behavior... all movies were offered to her first, especially hit and popular movies of other actresses.

She starred in Raavan as the lead heroine opposite Vikram (and did all sorts of steamy scenes even though she was married) while Abhi was cast as a villain in the same movie.

Clochette thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: Terenaina

Not in a movie where SRK plays a guy like this utterly insensible Charlie (not a nice character at all). Aish was never meant to have a 'happy ending' with SRK in a movie - like she hadn't in real life. Like PC didn't have who just struggled with her attraction to Don in both the movies.

I wonder how many here realise the way repeated heroines' relation to SRK as the partner had been shaped/got reflected in the movies where they worked together...

RaniPreityAish thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: Clochette

Not in a movie where SRK plays a guy like this utterly insensible Charlie (not a nice character at all). Aish was never meant to have a 'happy ending' with SRK in a movie - like she hadn't in real life. Like PC didn't have who just struggled with her attraction to Don in both the movies.

I wonder how many here realise the way repeated heroines' relation to SRK as the partner had been shaped/got reflected in the movies where they worked together...

PC also never worked with SRK outside of the Don movies which I think was for the best that they never had a conventional romantic film (in the long run, Sushmita Sen should have gotten the Roma role as originally planned especially after the success of Main Hoon Na). PC was the first choice for Ra. One until Kareena begged SRK to cast her instead (hence PC's cameo as the Desi Girl in the opening). Kareena is the prime example of an actress SRK never had any chemistry with and all his films with her flopped (Asoka, Ra One). I could never see her as anything other than his sister-in-law from K3G. She gets the special appearance in Don but is killed with little fanfare which I always felt was apt for her considering the overall lack of chemistry.

SRK/Aish gets the most attention as being star-crossed but actually SRK/Preity isn't much better off. In Dil Se, he's her fiancé but he's not in love with her and ends up dead with Manisha, his true love. In KHNH, they both love each other but he ends up dead but not before making sure she's married to Saif. In KANK, they're married for a change but they end up divorced with better-suited partners. Only in Veer-Zaara do they get a happy ending but it's bittersweet because so much time has passed and they're only reunited in old age. The cleanest ending they get but not the conventional happy ending.

Funny that many said Taapsee's role in Dunki seemed like a perfect fit for Preity since even that ends unhappily with shades of Veer-Zaara.

And SRK/Karishma is also doomed in their few outings together. She loves him but he doesn't love her back in Dil To Pagal Hai. He's not the love interest in Shakti: The Power but he ends up sacrificing himself to save her, a complete stranger. When one considers that Shakti was meant as Sridevi's comeback role before her pregnancy, then we see there could have been two Sridevi movies with SRK as a special appearance and in both he would have ended up dead.

Clochette thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 5

You know, dear, it's a real pleasure to read you smiley27 (not many here take the time to look a bit deeper into what films - and filmmaking - can tell)

Edited by Clochette - 1 months ago
Surly_Devil thumbnail
Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Sparkling_Wine

That's typical Ash behavior... all movies were offered to her first, especially hit and popular movies of other actresses.

She starred in Raavan as the lead heroine opposite Vikram (and did all sorts of steamy scenes even though she was married) while Abhi was cast as a villain in the same movie.

Also even back then, Aishwarya still would have NEVER been able to pull off the role of the glamorous dancer because she lacked the perfect figure then and still does now