Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Clochette thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 1 months ago

When it comes to certain SRK-'haters', their reasoning gets ridiculous (imo).

RaniPreityAish thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: Clochette

As I'm far less interested in the off-screen life of most actors/ actresses than in their work-life, I find your reasoning interesting.

I know from other filmindustries that through working together, leading couples tend to become short-time or long-time off-screen couples (mostly because of sexual tension, I believe) and also the casting couch is a 'furniture' often used...so, the Hindi filmindustry isn't an exception to that. However, honestly, it's not as important to me as the really dirty (and also destroying) things that (can) happen in filmindustries.

I'm someone who generally can't separate an actor's personal life vs their onscreen career work. I feel they both bleed into each other because what you are like as a person will often shape the roles you accept and how you play your parts. Like SRK's roles are always respectful of women and treat them as equals, not flowerpots, which is what he's like in real life. Ranbir clearly only takes roles that he can relate to in terms of angst and daddy issues, so his films never appeal to me because I never like his characters. Hence why I've never rewatched ADHM because I can't stomach his Ayan.

In some cases, an actor's personal life will enrich their onscreen roles for me. In other cases, who they are as a person will detract from their acting. Then there are actors I like as people but aren't really interested in their films.

Your point about the longevity of screen couples also makes me think another reason why SRK appeals to me is that he has chemistry with most actresses, but outside of some media gossip and speculation, there's never been anything concrete about behind-the-scenes shenanigans. We can love to see SRK onscreen with Kajol, Deepika, Juhi, Katrina, etc. and know that these women are very important to him as friends and co-stars but there's no fear of any lines being crossed.

Meanwhile that thread I linked above has Salman bragging about all the actresses he's slept with, apparently in a leaked phone call to Aishwarya. Reading stuff like that reduces my opinion of him as a human being, especially considering his ridiculous attempts to paint himself as a virgin. I knew Aamir has broken both his marriages but I never realized he was such a philanderer in the 90s, linked to just about every actress, and the only reason his image isn't tarnished is because he's averse to the spotlight and never dominates the news like Salman willingly does. At least Salman was unmarried and didn't really hide his true self so I still have some respect for him which I don't have for Aamir, as much as I love his romantic movies from the 90s.

RaniPreityAish thumbnail

I know from other filmindustries that through working together, leading couples tend to become short-time or long-time off-screen couples (mostly because of sexual tension, I believe) and also the casting couch is a 'furniture' often used...so, the Hindi filmindustry isn't an exception to that. However, honestly, it's not as important to me as the really dirty (and also destroying) things that (can) happen in filmindustries.

Casting couch seems very much to be a thing based on all the claims about Madhuri with Subhash Ghai and how he was instrumental in making her career. I know Manisha was accused of the same thing but there are also reports that when he tried to take advantage of her, she made a scene on set and wouldn't give into his advances. Mahima was fired from Taal because she didn't give into him. We know Salman was very wary of Subhash Ghai and wouldn't let Aishwarya near him alone.

That thread I linked also mentions there were allegations against Rani and Preity for the casting couch and how Preity also may have slept with Salman or not (either Preity or Rani during Chori Chori Chupke Chupke). My guess is that it was Rani over Preity because Aishwarya and Preity remain good friends and that would seem doubtful if Salman cheated on Aish with Preity. How Rani apparently got Nayak (which is now getting a sequel) because she slept with someone to get it and this is why she went from B-grade movies to becoming a permanent Dharma/YRF fixture.

Although I also find it interesting that despite how closely she aligns herself with YRF, Rani never got one of their top movies with SRK as a leading lady. Not in a Yash Chopra or Aditya Chopra film. Only as a supporting heroine in Veer-Zaara and unlike Karishma and Anushka in Dil To Pagal Hai and Jab Tak Hai Jaan, Rani's role is purely platonic and she's not even a secondary love interest. And that role Yash Chopra was pushing for Aishwarya to get since he wanted to work with her and when SRK said he wouldn't keep her as the love interest of Zaara, Yash Chopra thought SRK might relent if Aishwarya got a non-romantic role in the movie instead. This also makes me think that Yash Chopra had an idea about the type of person Rani was and why he was against her marrying his son and why he never cast her as the leading lady in one of his SRK directorials, since those are the movies that were always most successful for YRF and even saved the studio several times.

When it comes to certain SRK-'haters', their reasoning gets ridiculous (imo).

Honestly, the vague and generic accusations make no sense to me. Clearly just meant to rile people up by casting aspersions without naming anyone because there's nothing concrete to report. Leaves it to the person to decide who she is referring to as a fake SRK fan vs real SRK fan. Someone strangely invested in SRK's fandom despite being a self-proclaimed hater of him.

Edited by RaniPreityAish - 1 months ago
RaniPreityAish thumbnail

Adding to SRK's list of friends, Manisha comes out and says out of the three Khans, he is the the biggest star.

Talking about SRK, Manisha told Zoom, "Shah Rukh is and forever will be the biggest star. He is somebody who is very wise in some sense. Mujhe Jo achchhi cheez lagi thi Shah Rukh ke uss waqt bhi ki woh bade star hote hue bhi zameen pe baith ke chai peete the. Woh mujhe achchhe lagte the ki aap jitne bhi bade ho, aap zameen se judke rahe."

(Shah Rukh is and forever will be the biggest star. He is somebody who is very wise in some sense. What I liked about Shah Rukh at that time was that, despite being a big star, he would sit on the ground and have tea. I liked that no matter how big you are, you stay grounded.)

https://www.timesnownews.com/entertainment-news/bollywood/manisha-koirala-recalls-working-with-3-khans-of-bollywood-shah-rukh-zameen-pe-baith-ke-chai-peete-the-exclusive-salman-aamir-article-109647794

Clochette thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 5

Oh yes, he's wise...and a lot other astonishing things.

As to all the allegations without any proof - repeated again and again - I also think that they are rehashed here to rile up some members...it's extremely childish and reflects a frustration that has - basically - nothing to do with SRK.