Maharaja Hindi Remake: Aamir Khan Buys The Rights

beena_jon thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 2 months ago

Aamir Khan has secured the rights to remake Vijay Sethupathi’s South Indian hit Maharaja, which recently had a phenomenal box office run. Not only this, but reports suggest that the Ghajini superstar will also play the lead role in the film. The Tamil film made its entry to the 100 crore club, registering a collection of 109.01 crore.

Maharaja Hindi Remake: Aamir Khan Buys The Rights To Vijay Sethupathi's Film

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

priya185 thumbnail

Comedy Crew

This movie was great loved the last hour

I am tired of remakes. Forrest Gump remake didn't work for Aamir he should try original scripts

Guddu.Pandit thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 5

Sarcastic Chatterbox

Original has shocked me literally, Sethupati was brilliant. That hand cutting fight scene & climax suspense is chilling. Kudos to whole team for handling this subject sensibly.

I would love to see any other actor doing lead role. Would love to see Salman doing this or Hrithik.

Clochette thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 5

Remaking this kind of movie in todays time...I don't see any sense in that.

To me, it feels like 'wanting to ride on somebody else's success' and 'being too lazy/insecure to try your hand in something original'...not good at all smiley21

behindyou thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4

best movie of year smiley32 loved every bit of it

beena_jon thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail + 2

Maharaja is a good movie, but remake isnt a good idea...since hindi dubbed version too is avlbl

MiVida_Messi thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: Maroonporsche

It’s an action entertainer ?

No. It is a crime-revenge thriller, with a non-linear story telling, if you have watched old boy you will have some idea. Maharaja is better though, the climax is extremely satisfying.

Sevenstreaks thumbnail

I was thinking about this few days ago someone will remake this in bollywood smiley36

Here we go . Think of original scripts smiley44

Original movie budget is around 20 cr . And for copying that These ppl will spend atleast 100 cr smiley44

SakZ thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: sharaban

I am.sure it is..

But for me personally I always have indigestion post watching a typical head spinning south film laced with overdosage of larger than life masala....hazam nahi hotein

lol. You just assumed Maharaja is just another mass masala commercial movie first, now you are sure !! People should atleast google about the movie before forming a judgement.

Anyway, Maharaja has nothing to do with “masala”. Every south hit movie isn’t Pushpa or KGF!

SakZ thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3
Spoiler alert !!! Good. We will know how limited is Aamir khan is as an actor. Also the movie highly depends on the non linear narrative and the climax, Even though after the first half the movie is predictable. Remake will fail miserably unless people has not watched the original.
Edited by SakZ - 2 months ago