Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Clochette thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 4 months ago

Originally posted by: NathuPaapi

@bold - Probably because the word secular was added or rather forced in our constitution by Indira Gandhi during emergency.

Politicians could rarely live up to this image-building "secular"...maybe because of the variety in such a huge country, maybe because of virtues destroyed by the colonisations, maybe because of an inherent thinking formed throughout the centuries...maybe of humans giving in to the 'seven sins'...

There are countries where secularity is lived... not many, but there are.

Clochette thumbnail

About the saying...is this translation correct?

"Can't take enmity with crocodile while living in water."

If yes, I don't think that SRK himself thinks like that...

Edited by Clochette - 4 months ago
MyselfJ thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: Clochette

What is a government? What is a PM? They simply are the political leader of a country and responsible for doing the best for the country in the most honest way. They are bound to repsect the constitution of their country and the human rights.

If you look for the incidents where SRK allegedly supports Modi than they always have to do with India and a certain spirit he would like to support. The only times it's about Modi, the person, it's Modi's birthday and - to be honest - the way Modi sometimes acts like a SRK fan-boy - makes it quite natural to wish him good at his own birthday.

But if that government and that PM has made your and your family’s life hell you would want to keep a distance from them.The whole country love and country support are excuses by fans to satisfy themselves.Not that I have any doubt about his love for his country..but not here.Shahrukh doesn’t come across as someone who forgets or forgives that easily so his attending the event will obviously raise eyebrows.But as I said I understand it now.We all have to do things which we donot want to at times for our own betterment.

Anyways we can always agree to disagree Clochette.smiley31

Clochette thumbnail

Originally posted by: MyselfJ

But if that government and that PM has made your and your family’s life hell you would want to keep a distance from them.The whole country love and country support are excuses by fans to satisfy themselves.Not that I have any doubt about his love for his country..but not here.Shahrukh doesn’t come across as someone who forgets or forgives that easily so his attending the event will obviously raise eyebrows.But as I said I understand it now.We all have to do things which we donot want to at times for our own betterment.

Anyways we can always agree to disagree Clochette.smiley31

bold: absolutely smiley31

red: I strongly oppose to this assumption. There never was a proof that Modi and even less a whole government was behind the arrest and putting in jail of Aryan. But I strongly believe that some BJP-people had their hand in this and it also had been obvious that justice had been influenced by Amit Shah sending 'his' attorny to the Bombay High Court to slow down the legal process. But then it had been Modi's attorny who put an end to the farce (of course taking a hefty sum).

The whole thing was to extort money from SRK on one side and to align him to support the Modi/government line which one couldn't achieve through all the campaigns since 2015. But the initial movement didn't come from Modi or the government...it came from BJP people in Maharastra working together with corrupt and attention-seeking Mr. Wankhede.

To me, that sounds like sarcasm, Nathu... He certainly did not attend the function "to protect his loved ones" but to honour the constitution of India. It's a duty as such a prominent - globally known - Indian citizen.

Some people here really try to spin a narrative that doesn't correspond to the reality...

Where had been the concern of so many here when media judged Aryan guilty of something he didn't do and judged SRK as a bad parent etc...(and hailed Mr. Wankhede)? There had been two different threads at that time, you remember?

Sarcasm? That too on topic of SRK?smiley3

Politicians could rarely live up to this image-building "secular"...maybe because of the variety in such a huge country, maybe because of virtues destroyed by the colonisations, maybe because of an inherent thinking formed throughout the centuries...maybe of humans giving in to the 'seven sins'...

There are countries where secularity is lived... not many, but there are.

I didn't understand much (read almost all) of what you wrote but could you give me some examples of secular countries... Is Germany secular?

Clochette thumbnail

Sarcasm? That too on topic of SRK?smiley3

bold: smiley36 one of the best places to use it, isn't it?

SRK himself likes to use sarcasm...

Palak2812 thumbnail

Originally posted by: e1t53e

The word secular has never been respected in India since the get go. One of the big reasons why INC is ar the dire straits now. No party will prosper if they don’t deliver what the constitution promises.

Secularism was never there in the Constitution if u knew basic gk.

It was INC during Emergency when they destroyed the Constitution.

Clochette thumbnail

I didn't understand much (read almost all) of what you wrote but could you give me some examples of secular countries... Is Germany secular?

In the following article, there is a list (when scrolling down)...it's a debatable list as in bigger countries phobias show more often than in smaller ones...

So, please, if you are really interested, educate yourself smiley2

https://ceoworld.biz/2024/01/16/these-are-the-most-secular-countries-in-the-world-2024/