Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

naaznin thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 14 Thumbnail + 9
Posted: 4 months ago

Rather than asking SRK for attending the event. Ppl should ask BJP Politicians for inviting him after bashing pathan so muchsmiley36

SRK if gets invited to BJP or RSS function for attendance or performance he would do so as he is public figure n entertainer n has not joined nor supported any political parties openly.

Edited by naaznin - 4 months ago
MyselfJ thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: Clochette

There had been attempts to align SRK, without any doubt, because of various reasons.

However, SRK always made clear that he won't invest himself in politics. But you can bet, that he will take the opportunity to show love (and also concern) for his country. And frankly, no politician and no party is the country...

And he very well can be friendly to people even though he may not like everything they do/think/say.

That’s what I used to believe.But given how Shahrukh never shies away from showing his support to the current govt(and Modi) I thought maybe it’s all made up.

Anyways I understand his going to the event now.It’s not just about country love it’s also survival thing.They all have to survive so it’s understandable,their doing things which maybe they don’t want to..There’s a saying”Paani me rehkar magarmacch se bair nahi le sakte”.

mirun thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2

Looks like srk’s time to payback for release of his son from drug scandal. Let’s see how long he has to do this . Sorry he has to intervene to take care of his son’s business.

Poor SRK. Forced to do all such things to protect his loved ones. smiley13

My heart goes out to him smiley27

Stay strong SRK smiley31

Originally posted by: e1t53e

The word secular has never been respected in India since the get go. One of the big reasons why INC is ar the dire straits now. No party will prosper if they don’t deliver what the constitution promises.

@bold - Probably because the word secular was added or rather forced in our constitution by Indira Gandhi during emergency.

Edited by NathuPaapi - 4 months ago
Clochette thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: naaznin

Rather than asking SRK for attending the event. Ppl should ask BJP Politicians for inviting him after bashing pathan so muchsmiley36

SRK if gets invited to BJP or RSS function for attendance or performance he would do so as he is public figure n entertainer n has not joined nor supported any political parties openly.

I doubt that he would entertain a strictly political function when it isn't for the greater good of society like he did years ago for inaugurations and supporting social projects.

I don't think that he first thinks of the political affiliation of a person but of the person as such.

I also don't like to generalize parties because every party has politicians who care about society and try to be there for the people. I'm more someone who criticises systems (like it had been done in Jawan).

A system that allows violence against non-violent people or a system that doesn't treat all people in an equal way because of hierarchies and corruption or a system that incites hate on a basis of skin colour, religion, social position (etc), they all exist worldwide, not only in India.

Clochette thumbnail

Originally posted by: MyselfJ

That’s what I used to believe.But given how Shahrukh never shies away from showing his support to the current govt(and Modi) I thought maybe it’s all made up.

Anyways I understand his going to the event now.It’s not just about country love it’s also survival thing.They all have to survive so it’s understandable,their doing things which maybe they don’t want to..There’s a saying”Paani me rehkar magarmacch se bair nahi le sakte”.

What is a government? What is a PM? They simply are the political leader of a country and responsible for doing the best for the country in the most honest way. They are bound to repsect the constitution of their country and the human rights.

If you look for the incidents where SRK allegedly supports Modi than they always have to do with India and a certain spirit he would like to support. The only times it's about Modi, the person, it's Modi's birthday and - to be honest - the way Modi sometimes acts like a SRK fan-boy - makes it quite natural to wish him good at his own birthday.

Clochette thumbnail

Originally posted by: mirun

Looks like srk’s time to payback for release of his son from drug scandal. Let’s see how long he has to do this . Sorry he has to intervene to take care of his son’s business.

That is a quite mean spin of the truth. He has nothing to do as the "drug scandal" was a sham. Even a second time when they tried to align SRK, they couldn't as they did work as shoddy as the first time.

Acting as a man who loves his country, is not a kind of "payback". His own payback to the attemps to put him down - as the artist he is - had been in Pathaan and Jawan...and I guess, the Indian people understood that and acted accordingly...

Edited by Clochette - 4 months ago
Clochette thumbnail

Originally posted by: NathuPaapi

Poor SRK. Forced to do all such things to protect his loved ones. smiley13

My heart goes out to him smiley27

Stay strong SRK smiley31

To me, that sounds like sarcasm, Nathu... He certainly did not attend the function "to protect his loved ones" but to honour the constitution of India. It's a duty as such a prominent - globally known - Indian citizen.

Some people here really try to spin a narrative that doesn't correspond to the reality...

Where had been the concern of so many here when media judged Aryan guilty of something he didn't do and judged SRK as a bad parent etc...(and hailed Mr. Wankhede)? There had been two different threads at that time, you remember?