Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

791198 thumbnail
Posted: 5 months ago

Originally posted by: Lady_Impala

Alia Bhatt has been ever so present on the international scene and is the most talked about Indian Movie Star whether it be her show-stopping appearance at the MET GALA or the Gucci event show.

However, there is a downside to all this presence, as she has now the latest celeb to be added to the block list due to her silence on the ongoing gaza conflict.

Due you guys think, her popularity is about to take a nose dive internationally and will it affect her futur projects internationally or will she remain unaffected in this latest campaign of cancel culture.

Thoughts

Ongoing Palestinian Genocide.

you2 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 6

Alia defied Gucci's boycott of Metagala this year.I wonder why..

Louis Vuitton boycotted the event for the 2nd time in a row..Last year no one attended and only Zendaya attended this year in the role of one of the 3 co-chairs of Metgala.

IAmLuvBolly thumbnail
Visit Streak 750 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 8

Originally posted by: Haila_tu

The Wokes and their cancel culture. *Yawn*

And other than a Karen who was having a bad day, and lost her job/business, due to being canceled....it has no effect on the Powerful ones.

Do I wish the genocide, War Crimes stopped? Yes. But the history between the two is way too complicated to completely condemn Israel.

How ironic to make this statement on the 76th anniversary of the Nakba (May 15th). In 1948 close to 800,000 Palestinians were displaced from their lands by Zionists and around 600 Palestinian villages were destroyed in massacres in order to establish the state of Israel. Israel is a settler colonial project and an apartheid regime that has thrived on oppression and racism towards anyone who’s not a white Anglo European Jews. People should read about how they treated Somalian Jews when they migrated to Israel. So yes this is entirely Israel’s fault in every which way, and United States’ as without her weapons Israel couldn’t even take a piss the right way. And before 1948 it was Great Britain’s. These are not my opinions. These are historical facts.

Palestinians have been paying for Europeans sins of Holocaust for the past 76 years and are continuing to pay for it. Nothing about that is humane and right and fair.

IMG_7670.jpeg

Haila_tu thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: IAmLuvBolly

How ironic to make this statement on the 76th anniversary of the Nakba (May 15th). In 1948 close to 800,000 Palestinians were displaced from their lands by Zionists and around 600 Palestinian villages were destroyed in massacres in order to establish the state of Israel. Israel is a settler colonial project and an apartheid regime that has thrived on oppression and racism towards anyone who’s not a white Anglo European Jews. People should read about how they treated Somalian Jews when they migrated to Israel. So yes this is entirely Israel’s fault in every which way, and United States’ as without her weapons Israel couldn’t even take a piss the right way. And before 1948 it was Great Britain’s. These are not my opinions. These are historical facts.

Palestinians have been paying for Europeans sins of Holocaust for the past 76 years and are continuing to pay for it. Nothing about that is humane and right and fair.

IMG_7670.jpeg

You need to go back even further in history to get a true picture. Why did mass migration of Jews out of Israel occur in the first place? The Mamluk Sultanate severely oppressed & persecuted the Jews where there only choice was to convert to Islam or leave.

We can sit here and argue all night about the oppression of the Islamic empires against other religions whether it was the Jews or the Zoroastrians. How it was the Islamic states that attacked Israel first in 1948. Who does or doesn't have claim to the land. But this isn't the place for it.

I condemn the genocide, but Israel does have the right to defend itself. Like I said before, it's complicated. And let's not forget Hamas is an officially elected government by the people of Palestine, not a random terrorist organization operating out of Palestine.

Edited by Haila_tu - 5 months ago
IAmLuvBolly thumbnail
Visit Streak 750 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 8

Originally posted by: Haila_tu

You need to go back even further in history to get a true picture. Why did mass migration of Jews out of Israel occur in the first place? The Mamluk Sultanate severely oppressed & persecuted the Jews where there only choice was to convert to Islam or leave.

We can sit here and argue all night about the oppression of the Islamic empires against other religions whether it was the Jews or the Zoroastrians. How it was the Islamic states that attacked Israel first in 1948. Who does or doesn't have claim to the land. But this isn't the place for it.

I condemn the genocide, but Israel does have the right to defend itself. Like I said before, it's complicated. And let's not forget Hamas is an officially elected government by the people of Palestine, not a random terrorist organization operating out of Palestine.

Israel’s apartheid government’s oppression of Palestinians in 21st centuries is OK because of what may or may not have happened in 12th or 13th century? Tell me you’re biased and Islamophobic without telling me you’re biased and Islamophobic.

Israel has a right to defend itself? I see you’re going with the western narrative that all this started on October 7th. Another irony on the 76th anniversary of Nakba. Hamas? Hamas banned elections after their 2005 win and majority of today’s Gaza population weren’t even born in 2005 when Hamas won. Should we talk about how it’s been established by an Israeli paper that Netanyahu told his party members that Hamas must always be funded because it’s a powerful obstacle against any kind of peace with Palestinians? Should we talk about how what Isreal is doing to Gazans is collective punishment and it’s against international law? Should we talk about how Netanyahu doesn’t want to end this genocide because he has active criminal corruption cases against him within Israeli courts and he’ll very likely end up in jail if this ends without Israel annexing Gaza? Should we talk about what’s been happening in West Bank that has nothing to do with Hamas? Should we talk about how Turkish and Egyptian intelligence had warned Israel a year ago that Hamas was planning to attack and Israel ignored it? No, let’s talk about all the wrongs that Muslims have done in history and use that as a way to justify the genocide in Gaza? By the way, Palestinians also have a lot of Christians and Jews. This is not a religious issue. This is a political oppression colonial issue.

Unbelievable!!

Babies/kids are off limits......Those who don't understand this simple fact are not humans......simple...smiley22

Kyahikahoon thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail IPL 2024 Participants 2 Thumbnail + 4

Has she reached that level of relevance or popularity internationally? Not in media, but among general non bollywood audience. I don’t think many know her or follow her

Kyahikahoon thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail IPL 2024 Participants 2 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: MostlyHarmIess

Given that most influential actors in the US are pro Israel and the current political stance of India, she is better off being in the Block List than outside.

not directed to u..but taking n opportunity to tell all India haters and US lovers.

India voted in favour of UN membership for Palestine while US voted against it

Haila_tu thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: IAmLuvBolly

Israel’s apartheid government’s oppression of Palestinians in 21st centuries is OK because of what may or may not have happened in 12th or 13th century? Tell me you’re biased and Islamophobic without telling me you’re biased and Islamophobic.

Israel has a right to defend itself? I see you’re going with the western narrative that all this started on October 7th. Another irony on the 76th anniversary of Nakba. Hamas? Hamas banned elections after their 2005 win and majority of today’s Gaza population weren’t even born in 2005 when Hamas won. Should we talk about how it’s been established by an Israeli paper that Netanyahu told his party members that Hamas must always be funded because it’s a powerful obstacle against any kind of peace with Palestinians? Should we talk about how what Isreal is doing to Gazans is collective punishment and it’s against international law? Should we talk about how Netanyahu doesn’t want to end this genocide because he has active criminal corruption cases against him within Israeli courts and he’ll very likely end up in jail if this ends without Israel annexing Gaza? Should we talk about what’s been happening in West Bank that has nothing to do with Hamas? Should we talk about how Turkish and Egyptian intelligence had warned Israel a year ago that Hamas was planning to attack and Israel ignored it? No, let’s talk about all the wrongs that Muslims have done in history and use that as a way to justify the genocide in Gaza? By the way, Palestinians also have a lot of Christians and Jews. This is not a religious issue. This is a political oppression colonial issue.

Unbelievable!!

To be fair, I'm Phobic to all religions.

History was brought up because you picked it up halfway to prove your point. Israel has been targeted since the day it was created by its Muslim neighbour's. The war can end, if the Hamas leaders are handed over which the Arab league refuses to do. Human life has no value for the Arabs, using children as human shields & hospitals as barracks.

Let's be very clear about one thing, Israel is willing of a permanent ceasefire. They just want Hamas disintegrated and the remaining hostages freed which HAMAS/Arabs refuse to do.

The western narrative? The Western narrative is "Free Palestine". Except 90% of the people who support Palestine have no idea of the complicated history. Palestine is just a front, the real masterminds is the Arab league. This is Arabs vs Israel...not Palestine vs Israel.

For the Laymen, History in a Nutshell.

Imagine you moved into a White neighborhood as a Brown person and all your neighbors were constantly trying to get you to leave. Attacks on your house constantly for 75 years. The Sh*t hits the fan when one day they enter your house and kill/kidnap some of your family members. Should you go after the perpetrators or not? Should you try freeing your hostages? What If you go after them and they have women and children standing in front as shields?

I'm in no way absolving Israel of all it's Sins. It has done some ghastly atrocities over the years as well. Human life has no value in Gaza. But the other side is equally responsible. They welcomed the creation of Israel in 1948 by launching a war against it. They started this war by attacking Israeli citizens. I just don't see why I have to pick a side when they're both EVIL. Hand over the Hamas terrorists & the remaining hostages and END the war. Israel isn't leaving without either. Because the other option Israel has is to let its hostages Rot & die while letting Hamas grow stronger, so the next attack on Israeli citizens is even more gruesome.

Edited by Haila_tu - 5 months ago

DobbyDeol thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 8

Alia:Image

Word Count: 1