Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

v_nakshara thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 5 months ago

Sharmin was just awful in the series. She wasn’t pretty and didn’t have any screen presence. Her voice was unbearable. Whenever she was talking, I thought Sara Ali Khan was talking.

For any love story to work, the chemistry needs to be there and Sharmin didn’t have any chemistry with the actor. The actress playing Saima or Pratibha Ranta who was playing Waheeda’s daughter would have been much better in this role.

agreatwcr thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 8 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: diasingh2

I am watching Heeramandi right now and I can't tell how annoyed I am with her (Sharmin's).smiley23smiley22

I had watched a couple of promotional interviews and she was already giving me bad vibes because of her entitled and snobbish behavior, but I still gave her a chance. But she is an ABSOLUTE miscast.

The fact that she is playing the central role is even more annoying, because she doesn't even have the screen presence to be secondary character. She doesn't have good acting skills too.

Why the hell did SLB cast her in this role? Nepotism?smiley26

Any other talented actress would've elevated this role for sure. It's hilarious that the girl who plays her "personal servant" in the series (Shruti Sharma) has more charm and grace than her.

I mean what a disaster, both on-screen and off-screen.smiley39

At this point, I am only watching the series for Manisha.smiley10smiley32

Sanjeeda and Sonakshi are good too.

Richa Chaddha seems out of place, but she is still bearable.

Not a single male cast member have left any impactsmiley24.

@B: Glad that someone else is with me and supports me that Shruti did a good job. I don't see people talking about her but I really liked her. She was more interesting than Alamzeb.

Alamzeb just annoyed me with the single half smiley face throughout her screen presence. Her and Tajdar's romance was even more underwhelming and seemed unnecessary.

Also, I was rooting for Pratibha to have some significance in the story but ITV actors didn't really get much screenspacesmiley13

Edited by agreatwcr - 5 months ago

Originally posted by: FatalFlaw

I'm not sure if Bhansali told her to channel Deepika from BM and Padmavat or if she's just naturally drawn to her style. She's got the same wide-eyed, expressionless gaze in every single scene.

Any actor messing up in SLB's movie....is always SLB's fault....

I haven't watched it .....but do u think Alia would have nailed the role??

FatalFlaw thumbnail
Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Anniversary 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: blue-ice.1

Of course, She would have nailed it. However, if there was Alia or any other big star in it, it would have attracted more attention than the others, which would not have been cool since it's supposed to be about all six women.

1241154 thumbnail

Originally posted by: blue-ice.1

No

Word Count: 1

Maroonporsche thumbnail
infinity101 thumbnail
Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail Anniversary 7 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: v_nakshara

Sharmin was just awful in the series. She wasn’t pretty and didn’t have any screen presence. Her voice was unbearable. Whenever she was talking, I thought Sara Ali Khan was talking.

For any love story to work, the chemistry needs to be there and Sharmin didn’t have any chemistry with the actor. The actress playing Saima or Pratibha Ranta who was playing Waheeda’s daughter would have been much better in this role.

Omg even I thought her voice was too similar to Sara’s. She is very pretty though. She looked beautiful in the show IMO.
anna143 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Bekind

who did you liked the best?

manisha and sona were great
Sea-stars thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 4

Sharmin looks fine to me in Heeramandi.

All actors in Heera mandi are good at acting.

Sanjeeda Sheik's acting quite impressive.