U WANT BACK THE ERA OF MUSICAL FILMS HAVING 7 PLUS COMPLETE SONGS? - Page 2

Poll

DO YOU WANT BACK THAT ERA OF ROMANTIC MUSICALS FILMS HAVING 7 PLUS COMPLETE SONGS?

Poll Choice
Login To Vote

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

sharaban thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 5 months ago

Originally posted by: cougarTown

3 during the movie..max..for me..i doubt people have patience for 7 plus full songs in a movie..i cannot imagine sitting through HAHK now..that movie had the most songs..at times it felt like they made scenes to fill in between the songs..tooo many..like DDLJ was the same time but it had like 5/6..but HAHK was madness..how many songs were even there in that movie..coz i remember they were surely a lot

Hum aapke hain kaun had 16 songs.

Hum aapke hain kaun is still the biggest hit and the biggest net grosser of Hindi Cinema's history till date.

Hum aapke hain kaun did almost the double business, and had almost the double footfalls of DDLJ.

HAHK repeats often on tv and people still love to watch it alongwith all of the songs even after 30 long years.

This is the power of highly engaging & highly entertaining cinema.

-------

Edited by sharaban - 5 months ago

As a music lover I voted for Yes.I loved HAHK and Vivaah.One of the main reasons for loving them was the songs (with absolutely stunning music composition+ great singers vocals)+ leads beauty+their chemistry.There were some such telugu movies too with many iconic songs with beautiful music composition,with great singers .I would love to watch such movies again.

Maroonporsche thumbnail

4 or 5

sharaban thumbnail

Originally posted by: Newbird

As a music lover I voted for Yes.I loved HAHK and Vivaah.One of the main reasons for loving them was the songs (with absolutely stunning music composition+ great singers vocals)+ leads beauty+their chemistry.There were some such telugu movies too with many iconic songs with beautiful music composition,with great singers .I would love to watch such movies again.

Songs in films like Hum aapke hain kaun and Maine pyar kiya were not just the songs or fillers... they were an integral and important part of the narration to carry the story forward and had many subtle yet important, and highly entertaining moments of these films injected within.

------

e1t53e thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

HAHK and HSSH are still my most favorite movies and best guilty pleasure of movies. Even movies like JJWS,DDLJ, KKHH, K3G, Lagaan etc reached the iconic status because of their beautiful soundtracks. The reason why we don’t have any movies from the current era which can replace these. A soulful and rightly done Soundtrack can elevate a movie to catastrophic levels. Instead we have sade hue lovemaking and killing to the music scenes these days which may get you immediate gratification but never would make you want to reminisce or revisit.

Edited by e1t53e - 5 months ago
I_M_SultaN thumbnail

bhai tried in kkbkkj smiley36

I_M_SultaN thumbnail

Originally posted by: sharaban

Hum aapke hain kaun is still the biggest hit and the biggest net grosser of Hindi Cinema's history till date.

Hum aapke hain kaun did almost the double business, and had almost the double footfalls of DDLJ.

HAHK repeats often on tv and people still love to watch it alongwith all of the songs even after 30 long years.

-------

yeh sab kia boldia ab is ki bhut jalege smiley36
Edited by I_M_SultaN - 5 months ago
cougarTown thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 10 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: sharaban

-------

OMG..16 songs..this was a lot even for those times..the hard work which used to go in making movies then..the songs themselves would take a toll on you..but that was the peak of music era..HAHK songs are still popular..

diasingh2 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Songs have been an integral part of Bollywood, ever since the 50s.

HAHK, DDLJ, DTPH, HSSH, etc were one of its kind and they do not accurately represent the "usual cinema" of 90s. These films belong more to the "Musical" genre as songs in these films were integral part of the story (barring a few songs which could've been chopped) That's why these films were loved and people enjoyed those songs.

But most of the other films in the 90s had cringe songs forcefully inserted into the story, where they made no sense.smiley36 People mostly skipped watching songs of those films. This trend continued in the 2000s and 2010s too.

Now Bollywood films barely have OG music, most of the albums are remakes/remixes. So, I wouldn't be able to sit through 6-7 songs.

Edited by diasingh2 - 5 months ago
sharaban thumbnail

Originally posted by: diasingh2

Songs have been an integral part of Bollywood, ever since the 50s.

HAHK, DDLJ, DTPH, HSSH, etc were one of its kind and they do not accurately represent the "usual cinema" of 90s. These films belong more to the "Musical" genre as songs in these films were integral part of the story (barring a few songs which could've been chopped) That's why these films were loved and people enjoyed those songs.

But most of the other films in the 90s had cringe songs forcefully inserted into the story, where they made no sense.smiley36 People mostly skipped watching songs of those films. This trend continued in the 2000s and 2010s too.

Now Bollywood films barely have OG music, most of the albums are remakes/remixes. So, I wouldn't be able to sit through 6-7 songs.

This is true about HAHK MPK HSSH DDLJ etc been one of their kind and sort of unusual movies as far as execution is concerned as no other film of 90s had that many songs as they were in HAHK and MPK etc.

Having said that, a huge majority of 90s movies got a lot of benefit from their songs and elevated those films to play a major part in their successes.. most of those films had 6 to 8 full length (5-6 minutes) songs, if not 16 (HAHK) or 11 (MPK) songs.

The sort of films which you have mentioned where songs were inserted forcefully in dream sequences etc and audience used to take loo breaks (in cinemas) or used to fast forward those on vcr were mainly formulaic action films...

Almost 70% of 90s movies had those kinda songs embedded in their screenplays where audiences loved those.

Sanam bewafa, baaghi, saajan, deewana, raja hindustani, no 1 series of Govinda's comedy films, Hum hain rahi pyar ke, aashiqui, dil hai ke manta nahi, dil, beta, aankhain, raja, kabhi haan kabhi naa, raja hindustani etc etc were romantic or drama based films and the music provided them the much needed repeat value.

Even action films or thrillers like Sadak, phool aur kaante, Anjaam, Darr, damini, Ghayal, baazigar, border, viraasat, khiladi, zakhm, tamanna, khal Nayak etc which had great storyline & actions sequences and they didn't needed the songs as such, were also benefitted a lot from their sound tracks... even till date remembered for their songs as well.

Well made melodious Hindi music can do wonders for a film irrespective of its genre.

Very sadly now we have been limited to Arjit's reen reen bhaan bhaan crying in the name of singing, or balle balle shava shava or imitations of Western techno & club music mainly... we have been ROBBED of our staple diet without our will.

---------------