Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

MyselfJ thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 6 months ago

Oh that’s true.Atleast she’s not blabbering the same old shit..I have worked my ass off to get where I am today.smiley29

Am glad she’s learned something from her past mistakes.And it’s very true “Luck plays the biggest part in success.”You can be brilliant in your craft but if you’re not lucky you might never get the success you desire but if you have luck by your side even if you aren’t that good at your job you can end up being the biggest star.

TotalBetty thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Long time ago even Akshay said that

"So many are willing to work just as hard, just as talented or more but don't get any breaks"

Was surprised to hear him say that

And he made it completely on his own and is truly accomplished unlike SK

infinity101 thumbnail
Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail Anniversary 7 Thumbnail + 4

Bol toh waise sahi ri hai. I do believe in luck/kismat/fate.

Bekind thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 4

I think success comes with good choices. You have to network, make strong and powerful connections. I don’t believe in luck or kismat. If a student fails a class 3 times does it mean it was in their fate? If a movie is good then it is their hard work and if it’s a bad movie then it’s the kismat lol

Srk and Kartik are 2 great examples. Both outsiders and have aggressive PR. You need to make smarter choices. Look at Sara she had a great debut and I thought she will be the next superstar but her I got figured out everything given her a downfall. She hangs out with the company where people makes fun of her.

another great example will be SSR how he joined choreography group, television and then Bollywood and in all he succeeded. Where Amitabh Bachchan praised him in Dhoni. You need to make smart choices and realistic plan. Sonam got everything because she was friends with strong and powerful people. Sanjay leela Bhansali, Salman khan. She must be grateful to her father as he is best friends with Salman and that is how she got to work with him.

As for Akshay saying that it is true when you believe someone else will see your talent your efforts will be wasted. As of today outside have very little chance to survive, great example is Tara, she somewhere believes that someone will see her talent and offer movies, it does not work that way. Parineeti blames favoritism, where it was her bad choices to focus on weight loss and ignored moviessmiley23 you definitely need a good mentor if you have no family background in Bollywood. How Ananya is getting more work than Tara shocks me so much. It’s all backup.

Maroonporsche thumbnail

Not Kismet

IAmLuvBolly thumbnail
Visit Streak 750 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 8

I think it’s good that she’s realizing her own privilege and good fortunes. And she’s smart enough to use the word kismat rather than privilege because kismat is not a concept anyone will come at her for the way they would for privilege.

Luck definitely plays a huge part in how a lot of outsiders get success. But luck does not compensate for hard work and determination. Sonam is not mentioning that perhaps because those were never a factor for her. She got everything handed to her because of her grandfather and her father’s hard work. But people like Akshay or SRK or even the less well connected insiders like Shahid or Vicky still had to put in a lot of hard work and have massive determination, and the ability to get back up after failure. Yes they got lucky while I’m sure countless of others missed many opportunities to get that one break. But luck alone is not enough for a lot of people. And this is even more prevalent in other fields outside of art and film industry. You can’t just luck your way through medical school or a law firm or an engineering company. You need to know your 💩 and be good at what you do.

Daebak thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7
Posted: 5 months ago

Is she trying to say Mani Ratnam became big coz Anil did a film with him?smiley24

loginidran thumbnail
Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

She should’ve auditioned her ass off for Kismet konnection. Ab roke kya fayda.

TheJourney thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 5

Sarcastic Chatterbox

Originally posted by: Daebak

Is she trying to say Mani Ratnam became big coz Anil did a film with him?smiley24

PR can only do so much...give her a script with suitable words smiley36 Sonam is just doing her part...dhajjiyaan udao of that script smiley36