Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

982283 thumbnail
Posted: 6 months ago

Originally posted by: DivineAngel

It is not that simple. Sometimes or most of the time, people at powerful positions misuse their power to put others down or in order to become more successful.

Even well established family members might bully those inferior to them within family.

The world lacks the idea of love and kindness.

Even that stems from some deep-rooted insecurity that they feel the need to point out the are superior to others to feel better about themselves. An inferiority complex does not necessarily have to come from the fact that your life is not materialistically better. I would never make a class warfare post as a die-hard liberal. That was just one example. You can have family issues, your parents aren't there, your marriage is on the rocks, etc. There are many reasons that someone might not be doing as well as you.

DivineAngel thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Fantasy Force

Originally posted by: Grumpydwarf24

Even that stems from some deep-rooted insecurity that they feel the need to point out the are superior to others to feel better about themselves. An inferiority complex does not necessarily have to come from the fact that your life is not materialistically better. I would never make a class warfare post as a die-hard liberal. That was just one example. You can have family issues, your parents aren't there, your marriage is on the rocks, etc. There are many reasons that someone might not be doing as well as you.

Honestly sibling rivalry is a huge thing in the world. And parents always take it lightly.

In history books there are thousands of examples of brother killing brother(s) or father for the throne. Women did not have right to be king otherwise they would have killed sisters too.

DivineAngel thumbnail

Fantasy Force

I saw this yesterday. The king killed her because he wanted to marry another woman or he wanted a son.

https://youtube.com/shorts/b0YRc0iYgU0?si=qbAGf9rvO32Jpzo-

I know it has nothing to do with the topic. But back then people were so greedy and cruel. Even more than today's time.

Blueeeee thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3

I am not talking about public figures or celebrities per se, they know they have signed up for criticism the day they became public figures. If they can accept the fan adulation with open arms they can take the critique and improve to entertain or be a better leader etc. I am talking about people you know or interact with either virtually or in person.

There is a truth to this even if you switch verbs.
Like :
You will never be criticized by someone who is doing more than you. You will only be criticized by someone doing less.
You will never be criticized by someone working harder than you. You will only be criticized by someone working less.
You will never be criticized by someone achieving more than you. You will only be criticized by someone achieving less.

In short: Do you often find that those who criticize you the most are often unaccomplished losers themselves? That they are the ones who are most likely to take everything personally. That these losers will often go on a rampage pointing out flaws in you to feel better about themselves.

Oh nah. You will definitely be criticised and alienated by people who are more privileged than you and doing better than you if you are underprivileged. Many times it's infantalisation and condescension to keep you in your place or even blatant antagonism to maintain the status quo. It is sometimes very hard to guage who is genuinely being constructive and who is belittling you in my industry at least.

Also jabs about affirmative actions are anyhow so common.

Edited by Blueeeee - 6 months ago
Blueeeee thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3

I think I had a lot of other things on my mind. And I had a late day in grad school.

Academia is even more rampant in maintaining the status quo, no? So many of my brilliant friends feel so isolated in it.

1274961 thumbnail

It is not that simple. Sometimes or most of the time, people at powerful positions misuse their power to put others down or in order to become more successful.

Even well established family members might bully those inferior to them within family.

The world lacks the idea of love and kindness.

They are being assholes. They have decided that something makes them superior and others inferior. It is a choice. Arrogance always leads to downfall. There is a saying no one can make you feel inferior with your consent and that is easier said than done, especially when it comes to family. Are they really doing that well in their life for them to bully or belittle family members? I really like this video on self worth: https://www.tiktok.com/@elisabeth.filips/video/7171961968054652165 There are far too many people in this world who have tied their self worth to work, money and power. They let things get to their head and act egoistic.

DivineAngel thumbnail

Fantasy Force

Originally posted by: Petrichor80

They are being assholes. They have decided that something makes them superior and others inferior. It is a choice. Arrogance always leads to downfall. There is a saying no one can make you feel inferior with your consent and that is easier said than done, especially when it comes to family. Are they really doing that well in their life for them to bully or belittle family members? I really like this video on self worth: https://www.tiktok.com/@elisabeth.filips/video/7171961968054652165 There are far too many people in this world who have tied their self worth to work, money and power. They let things get to their head and act egoistic.

In childhood when someone asked me what do you want to be when you grow up? I always said i wanted peace and love. Ofc money is necessary but as you said some people or most people make money and status their whole world.

Money is a manmade thing. Imagine if money didn't exist what would they live for.

People should stop cursing the person who invented exams. Instead they should curse the person who invented money😂 all these exams exist because we have to earn money😂

1274961 thumbnail

In childhood when someone asked me what do you want to be when you grow up? I always said i wanted peace and love. Ofc money is necessary but as you said some people or most people make money and status their whole world.

Money is a manmade thing. Imagine if money didn't exist what would they live for.

People should stop cursing the person who invented exams. Instead they should curse the person who invented money😂 all these exams exist because we have to earn money😂

Yes, your relationships matter. Money comes and goes. At the end of life no one takes all the money they earned with them, so no point being egoistic about it.

Mmm you always remind me of chocolate and not clochette..

Clochette thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: D3viL

Mmm you always remind me of chocolate and not clochette..

Devil, dear! How would you know that it is one of my favourite movies smiley27 (it even took an important place in my family because it announced a marriage smiley27)

But do you also know Loisel's Clochette (not the American Tinkerbell, please!) ?

Grumpy, such an interesting (and thought provoking) thread... I love to read it smiley27

Oh yes, money has changed the mankind's world (or possession, to be more exact...money was invented to make it easier 'to count')...Dagobert Duck is an American invention but how apt is he to showcase the way money became the ultimate pleasure (replacing such an 'unimportant' thing as water...)

I remember that SRK spoke about this issue, too...and I remember that he named compassion as an important ingrediant that often lacks.

I think that human life could be a lot easier and more harmonious if nature didn't fail with the connection of the two halves of our brain...