Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Terenaina thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 6 months ago

When it comes to celebrities, I usually share my likes and dislikes or my opinions about them since we pay money to see their movies, they are public figures. If I find some actors or actresses attractive while I don't find other actors or actresses not than it's my opinion I am sharing. Or if I don't like the choices of some actresses or actors, I voice my opinion why I don't agree with their choices.

But when it comes to real life, I really don't have anything bad to say about someone UNLESS they talked bad about me or said or did something bad to me than I talk bad about person or distance myself from their negative energy.

But yes, if someone in real life is criticizing or bullying you for no reason at all than this topic applies to that. Bullies in general are envies and jealous of you.

Clochette thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: NathuPaapi

Oh... And I forgot one thing ...smiley17

People who always criticize me for being a bhakt, bigot, Islamophobic etc., remember I'm not a celebrity, and it's on you not me. Stop criticising me because you feel inferior to me. Introspect and improve yourself smiley14

Just to let you know that my laughing smileys mean that I like the irony/sarcasm in your posts smiley1

Clochette thumbnail

Originally posted by: Grumpydwarf24

^ Amazing how some people forgot to read what I wrote right underneath the Denzel Washington quote. smiley36

I certainly did not but it deviates from the more general writing in the three posts.

I think that it is because of the anonymity of social media that hate speech and bashing by focussing on a certain person has dramatically increased (apart from a general degrading of language when adressing someone one doesn't face).

Anonymity had always been a vent for targeting certain people for various reasons, but in social media, the focus on targeting celebrities or public figures has also expanded on their fans/likers/dislikers/critics etc.in a remarkable way.

Personally, I don't see IF members who obviously focus on other members with their negativity as "losers"... I really try to stay away from assumptions ... when not, I try to express it as such which I find more honest/fair.

Terenaina thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

if you see me hating a celebrity, it's because they either promoting hate speech, involved in a metoo movement, treats women as inferior, cheated on their partners, looked down upon someone and so many things they did that irritated me to dislike them so it's never for no reason. Or that celebrity lacks the qualities that I like in an actor or I feel they are overhyped and not good at all but my opinion
Edited by Terenaina - 6 months ago
Billi_Bangalan thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Easter Egg Contest Winner (2023) 0 Thumbnail + 6

It depends on situations and life experiences. Some people who criticize others unnecessarily have something going on in life and they turn bitter towards everyone. I just ignore these situations.

But sometimes i call them out especially if the situations they are in, are self made. Then there is no way you can criticise everyone under the sun and make others feel down. These people have too much expectations from everyone.

The worst thing when someone criticizes a known person by comparing them with others. Horrendous. Or does partiality. That pisses me off.

1274961 thumbnail

Originally posted by: naaznin

Not exactly as many successful ppl look down upon others n criticize them that they don't have the destiny or intelligence to be successful.

Like u will see rich looking down at poors, intelligent looking down at average students, beautiful ppl looking down at average or ugly ones .

There is something seriously wrong with these people who feel the need to look down upon others. Nothing can be gained by comparing yourself with someone else. I want to be better than I was a year ago. It is my life. If I am not changing or improving then what is the point?

Edited by Petrichor80 - 6 months ago

I agree, a person who wants to achieve things is too busy being focused on the future and what they need to do to get there, then to sit and criticise others. If you want something don't get jealous.. just get what they have too!

I think its very important to carefully pick your social group, naturally because they influence/teach you the most. If they have bought property, a new car, investments, education .. then you can learn and emulate. And even if it's not materialistic ..they still have a moral inclination to improve their thoughts, and spend their time in a more productive manner.

even online you can easily observe various groups.. people talk and hang around with people with similar education levels/ political inclinations.

Haves have more in common with the other haves and the have-nots have more in common with the have-nots. I don't think the haves would say.. I really wish I have not. Lolol ... have I confused you ??? Or have I not!

Deadinside thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2

Dekhiye, yeh sab moh maaya hai.

Khao piyo kaam karo soo jao,, aur gym jaao.

982283 thumbnail

Originally posted by: D3viL

I agree, a person who wants to achieve things is too busy being focused on the future and what they need to do to get there, then to sit and criticise others. If you want something don't get jealous.. just get what they have too!

I think its very important to carefully pick your social group, naturally because they influence/teach you the most. If they have bought property, a new car, investments, education .. then you can learn and emulate. And even if it's not materialistic ..they still have a moral inclination to improve their thoughts, and spend their time in a more productive manner.

even online you can easily observe various groups.. people talk and hang around with people with similar education levels/ political inclinations.

Haves have more in common with the other haves and the have-nots have more in common with the have-nots. I don't think the haves would say.. I really wish I have not. Lolol ... have I confused you ??? Or have I not!

Nope this made the most sense to me then anything anyone else has said so far! smiley36

Clochette thumbnail

Originally posted by: Petrichor80

There is something seriously wrong with these people who feel the need to look down upon others. Nothing can be gained by comparing yourself with someone else. I want to be better than I was a year ago. It is my life. If I am not changing or improving then what is the point?

That is something I like a lot with SRK, e.g. He still wants to evolve, not stopping to learn.

I've the same wish...otherwise I won't be here ...