Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

982283 thumbnail
Posted: 6 months ago

^ Amazing how some people forgot to read what I wrote right underneath the Denzel Washington quote. smiley36

982283 thumbnail

Originally posted by: IAmLuvBolly

I think it’s a very contextualized issue.

Yes some people do have inferiority complex and will act out in jealousy or bitterness. But there are a lot of lazy, incapable, or just bad people around. Specially in a work environment. Sometimes a colleague the whole office is b!thing about really is a slacker who passes the bucket constantly.

The articles definitely make good points but those are not generalized points.

You have never noticed that you get along with many? But there is that one person always after you for God knows what reason? When you do further research about them they lead a miserable existence? Kind of like the class bully who never grew up? You might even notice they might easily befriend problematic airheads that many others have issues with but will always be after you? But these airheads are also of their level or slightly below them. Clearly, it gives the inferiority complex some relief to know others can be more miserable than them?

Denzel Washington should have clarified his observation excluded celebrities smiley36

Some other scenarios with ordinary people

Daddy to his son - Nalayak Teri Umar me mai class me topper hua karta tha

Son - aap jhoot bol rahe hain. Aap mujhse better hote to mujhe criticise na karte smiley14

Teacher during parent teacher meeting - your son is such a lazy fellow. He never does his homework.

Son - daddy teacher must be feeling inferior to me that's why she's criticizing me. smiley9

X to Y - why are you always late for meetings?

Y - why do you always criticize me for being late. Do u feel interior to me? 🤔

P.s. - don't take it seriously. Just my libran brain exploring various scenarios. smiley36

Edited by NathuPaapi - 6 months ago
982283 thumbnail

^There is a reason a public figure has a much higher onus on him or her than an ordinary person in a defamation case. And it does not take much to infer the intent of a person and where and why they are constantly after you. smiley14

^ If a public figure has higher onus on him in a defamation case than ordinary people then shouldn't that public figure be more protected against criticism than ordinary people rather than being more open to criticism 🤔

People who criticize looks of celebrities, do they feel inferior about their looks or celebrities are a fair game for everyone? 🤔

Shaitan-Haiwan thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 12 Thumbnail + 8

Oh I agree. I am always attacked by those who can’t shoot their shot the same way I do. What am I supposed to do if your nishana has no tikana? I don’t aim cuz I proclaim, good luck with your darts though

Edited by Shaitan-Haiwan - 6 months ago
982283 thumbnail

^ Nope the fact that they have a higher onus on them itself means they are less protected then an ordinary person. smiley37

If a celebrity can sue for 1 million dollar in a defamation case compared to ordinary person who can only sue for ... Say.. a thousand dollars... Then that should make celebrities more protected against criticism than an ordinary person smiley14

982283 thumbnail

But the liklihood of a celebrity winning a defamation case is much less likely then an ordinary person. And in many states, the jury decides how much money the victim receives or doesn't receive.

You call some politician a bewda or an actor an old hag. They will sue the hell out of you. Then how does that make celebrities a fair game for criticism. Will this logic work in court that since they are celebrities they should accept both praise and criticism with equal openness? 🤔 Or will the court say u need to watch your words while criticizing such a big public figure? 🤔