Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

oh_nakhrewaali thumbnail
Posted: 7 months ago

Originally posted by: hasini009

can someone stuff his effin mouth with idly, dosa, sambar, noodles with curd and shut him upsmiley11

The noodles with curd scared the heck out of it, phir Ra.One ka scene yaad aaya and I realized what you were referring to.

Guddu.Pandit thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 5

Sarcastic Chatterbox

Am I missing something?

Is it a crime to address a Telugu person with Tamil Language??

Khan Saab has worked with Atlee, he must have learned few things in Tamil. I am sure, he didn't mean to humiliate Ram Charan, this much detail scrutiny should not be there.

Kyahikahoon thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail IPL 2024 Participants 2 Thumbnail + 4

He has said worse to Madhuri, Deepika and Atlee's wife...and people said the women still adore him n r his friends. Can't believe people didn't call him out for that..but this?

Ram Charan is also a friend n colleague.

Though agree it was in bad taste.

Craving for a nice tasty South Indian breakfast now

Clochette thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: Guddu.Pandit

Am I missing something?

Khan Saab has worked with Atlee, he must have learned few things in Tamil. I am sure, he didn't mean to humiliate Ram Charan, this much detail scrutiny should not be there.

Of course, he didn't...neither did he want to "humiliate" the Telugu and Tamil people...he certainly meant to be witty...only he wasn't at this moment and in this situation.

So, yes, to the audience that understand his words, it is cringe-making and/or upsetting.

Sometimes one has just to admit that a person one loves can also do not-so-lovable things smiley16

Well...SRK-dislikers (obviously) have a field day again smiley16

I bet, it won't be the last time smiley36

Guddu.Pandit thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 5

Sarcastic Chatterbox

Originally posted by: Clochette

Of course, he didn't...neither did he want to "humiliate" the Telugu and Tamil people...he certainly meant to be witty...only he wasn't at this moment and in this situation.

So, yes, to the audience that understand his words, it is cringe-making and/or upsetting.

Sometimes one has just to admit that a person one loves can also do not-so-lovable things smiley16

Well...SRK-dislikers (obviously) have a field day again smiley16

I bet, it won't be the last time smiley36

Ye toh 2000 words nahi hai.

Rocky.Bhai thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

arrey wo buddha ho gaya hai, budhape pe aise bolthe hai budhe log smiley14

oh_nakhrewaali thumbnail

Originally posted by: Guddu.Pandit

Am I missing something?

It's not a crime.. But BW has been almost dismissive of the South, from feeling superior about movie making to in general being arrogant for no reason. Pushing stereotypes ain't cool, especially for someone who is said to smart and has travelled around the world.

I don't expect him (any human) to always be politically correct, but this is really bare minimum.

And it's not about humiliating anyone, it's a sort of refusal to do better. Ra.One mein kar liye naaa, bas hai, grow up 🥲

Bas, meri 1 minute speech yahin khatam hoti hai, adios🙃

566912 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Outlander22

Amir on the other hand, has rarely made those kind of comments even in his prime. His humor never included demeaning other party so he is less cringey.

Amir just made lot of practical jokes like spitting in Juhi’s hands.. and so smiley36

566912 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Nishita123

Sigh! 😞 this was not needed at all! smiley21

He probably didn’t mean it in an ill way but still after all this years one would think he should hv known, when to not go overboard and blabber nonsense 🤦‍♀️

He was just parroting the stereotypes that have been going around for years.

Not cool. Not done. Not in 2024. Not on stage. Not for a colleague.

Neeta asked him to call Ram Charan to show respect and this over enthu cutlet ruined it.

maha15 thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: hasini009

can someone stuff his effin mouth with idly, dosa, sambar, noodles with curd and shut him upsmiley11

Yes and mutton and chiken as well

Edited by maha15 - 7 months ago