Views

Users

Frequent Posters

MostlyHarmIess thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 7 months ago

Originally posted by: Maroonporsche

Nothing is offensive until someone brings something from reddit smiley36

The Gossip subreddits house the most miserable people in existence. Those people will get offended at a child with cancer for laughing, because they are not greiving properly or something.
Maroonporsche thumbnail

Originally posted by: MostlyHarmIess

The Gossip subreddits house the most miserable people in existence. Those people will get offended at a child with cancer for laughing, because they are not greiving properly or something.

If an actor talks about a film they passed on then fans say they are trying to appropriate someone’s else work smiley37

Briaahna thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 4

What to expect from Bollywood , Tollywood, Hollywood …they are low anyways . Problem is us , expecting perfection from them .

TotalBetty thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: BhataktiJawani

No one is saying anything to you or any Indian here. I have no interest making anything politic or having any discussion regarding it. Also, I was talking about the Idli food which is simply a food.

Jawani

Sometimes, normal words or items like idli which are innocuous in most situations become inappropriate or offensive in certain situations not just bcz of the meaning but cz of culture, history, the context, the way it's said etc

And those nuances might get lost on a person who didnt grow up in that country, no matter how much they think they know that country

Like fried chicken for blacks... While Idli, Sambar is no where nearly as offensive, (cz no slavery reference) I gave that ex just to explain how an ordinary becomes hurtful in certain situations

TotalBetty thumbnail

Want to add, yes it becomes over blown

Whaddoya expect from internet 🤷‍♀️

But even his makeup artist Zeba Hassan was offended and walked out

BhataktiJawani thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7

Originally posted by: TotalBetty

Jawani

Sometimes, normal words or items like idli which are innocuous in most situations become inappropriate or offensive in certain situations not just bcz of the meaning but cz of culture, history, the context, the way it's said etc

And those nuances might get lost on a person who didnt grow up in that country, no matter how much they think they know that country

Like fried chicken for blacks... While Idli, Sambar is no where nearly as offensive, (cz no slavery reference) I gave that ex just to explain how an ordinary becomes hurtful in certain situations

Fried chicken for blacks is offensive? Wo kaise? Mujhe in cheezon ka idea nhi because I don’t follow these trends or whatever they are.
Kyahikahoon thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail IPL 2024 Participants 2 Thumbnail + 4

Ye Reddit py sy aya hai?

Don't think so..it came into news when Ram Charan's wife's makeup artist brought it up on insta. She felt offended even before Reddit users even got to hear it. Don't know how Ram Charan feels about this

hasini009 thumbnail

Why are you making this topic political? I get it you want brownie points of your fellow users, but you could have done it any other way rather than giving me lectures of not being Indian.

Political nahi, it’s geographical.

do one thing, mera reply bhi aap hi likho and get me the brownie points.

my comment was of 2 lines and yours is 4. lecture kisne diya?

and OT:

you wrote

“Isn’t Idli some food in India? What’s so offensive About this? Stop eating that food first if it offends you so much, rather than questioning SRK”

it’s you who brought India in this topic. questioning and asking people to stop eating Idly if it offends them so much.

“Idly vada, sambar kahan hai re tu?” is this the way to call someone on stage?

these stereotypes against South Indians is offensive to me. so I said foreigners don’t understand it, but Indian SRK knows what he is doing.

😮‍💨 now you can say it’s a lecture.

TotalBetty thumbnail

Fried chicken for blacks is offensive? Wo kaise? Mujhe in cheezon ka idea nhi because I don’t follow these trends or whatever they are.

I didn't know either until recently and it's not just a trend it's historical, cultural

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fried_chicken_stereotype

Btw I want to reiterate again, not saying both situations are same

Clearly fried chicken references are much more offensive and inappropriate

hasini009 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Kyahikahoon

Don't think so..it came into news when Ram Charan's wife's makeup artist brought it up on insta. She felt offended even before Reddit users even got to hear it. Don't know how Ram Charan feels about this

looking at Ram’s expressions, I think he was also upset. he hugged Salman, Aamir and Ambani. but SRK ko ek namaskar and handshake karke chale gaye.